10/11 - Lantus - Flash - AMPS - 286

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Flash's human, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Flash's human

Flash's human Member

Previous day: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-10-lantus-flash-amps-212.220308/
    286 today, doesn't seem terrible, but at least he's not 300 in the morning now. Nothing more to report besides he's eating 1 1/2 cans of wet food/day now compared to the can a day he used to eat w/dry food, makes sense he's hungrier and doesn't want to lose weight right away. Instead of a breakfast and dinner model, where insulin was given at those 2 times, insulin is still given at those times, but he gets a lunch and midnight snack as well so it's 4 small meals instead of 2 large ones which reduces the chance he'll overeat or food sits in the bowl too long which he ignores.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice to hear hes eating the wet food, bring it on down there Flash, Bella has tiki hut open with catinis and sardine smoothies
    Have a great day

Sue and Luci and Sonia & Leo like this.
  3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Yes Flash!! Yellow starts are better than Pink starts! Great job!

It is definitely a good idea for Flash to visit Bellas Tiki Hut! whaddya say Flash?! want to slide down to the beach or lagoon?!

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see two YELLOW starts in a row and hopefully another blue today! Good idea to give Flash 4 smaller meals.
    Have a great day!

5. Flash's human

Flash's human Member

PMPS 140, still giving 2 UI and will watch closely. Will test later to see where he's at.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hope you can test tonight...please be sure to get a 2+ and possibly more tests if Flash is headed down...if he starts to go too low too fast...bring out the medium carb food and start feeding...so he doesn't go too low...now's the time to be very watchful.

7. Flash's human

Flash's human Member

Just saw this, glad I tested tonight of course, he is 83 but doing ok. What I'm curious about though is if he's not peeing on the kitchen table and not drinking as much water and using the litter box, why is he peeing on the carpet when he sleeps for awhile? Does he not care enough to make it to the litter box now, is that part of diabetes. Do you all just deal w/your floors smelling like urine, or did you get rid of the carpet to make it easier to deal with?

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

That means he's earned a reduction!! So tomorrow, you'd drop his dose down to 1.75!! Woo Hoo!!

9. Flash's human

Flash's human Member

So, I use LANTUS SOLOSTAR INSULIN PEN 3ml 100 units/ml. I'm not sure how I could adjust it to 1.75, seems like it just handles 1 unit increments.

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I use the Lantus Solostar pen as well - however I use Relion syringes to draw the dose from the pen by pushing the needle of the sryinge through the rubber stopper on the Solostar pen. Are you using the Pen to administer the dose? If so, you'll want to purchase some U-100 syringes right away so you can reduce the dosage as needed...since its recommended that you increase/decrease by .25 increments, the Pen is never going to be able to do that - those Pens are meant for use by humans who use much larger amounts and can dial the settings up or down by one unit doses. Please purchase some syringes as soon as you can so you can reduce the dose.