10/15 Bama Kitty AMPS 446 +3 455 +9.5 450; PMPS 392 +3 397

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bama Kitty Mom (GA), Oct 15, 2021.

1. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: 10/14 Bama Kitty AMPS 314 +2.75 288 +5 223; PMPS 173 +1 220 +2 253

Despite his high number, Bama is eating well this morning. I found a supplemental feed called Reveal that is basically tuna [which he loves, real tuna, not the fake kind in cat food] and fish broth. No minerals or anything added which is why it is recommended as a supplement and to be fed with "dry" cat food. It is rather high in protein, about 15%, fiber 1%, fat 0.5%, Ash 2.5%, moisture 82%, kcal 55 per 2.47 oz. can. Smells good enough to make a tuna salad sandwich for myself! :joyful:

Seemed like a good time to try it. I don't foresee offering it on a regular basis. I fed it this morning with some Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein Chicken and 1t pumpkin. He licked the bowl clean--unusual for him. He had a few small poops for me in the box from overnight. I am thinking of giving a bit of Lax'aire in a little while. Do you dose your fur babies between meals, Pamela? @Pamela & Amethyst The directions don't say but other laxative/hairball remedies say to dose between meals so that the absorption of nutrients isn't compromised. Thanks, everyone, for weighing in.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice PMPS last night. I hope Bama Kitty comes back down today. I hope the Reveal helps.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  3. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

AM+3 gave a "Lax Snack"-- 1/2 inch ribbon of Lax'Aire that he licked off my finger. Seemed to like it. We'll see how it works.

4. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama may be coming off his bounce given that his pmps is nearly 60 points lower than where he was 2.5 hours previously. Thinking about doing an 18 hour curve--testing every 3 hours--starting tomorrow at amps.

5. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Great that you're experimenting with a wet food topper! The important thing is he starts to recognize that wet food IS food and can be tasty. There are Weruva foods that are tuna blended with other proteins like chicken, duck, and beef. My cats go nuts for them and I use them as toppers when they get finicky about their raw food. The BFF line is a low carb pate. I try not to make fish a prominent part of their diet but if that's what gets them to eat then that is what they will get.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.