10/15 Snuggie: update and dose advice/SS review request

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jay Dee, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Last post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-2-snuggie-vacation-dose-update.253746/#post-2860829

hi all! Sorry I’ve been MIA for a while. I’ve been trying to get my own health back on track now that Snuggie is doing well!

A little update: he’s been SO much happier and snugglier and back to his normal self since we did the vacation dose - even tho his BG isn’t “optimum”. I’ve been feeling a lot better too - getting more sleep and taking care of myself. We decided here that chasing the optimal/green numbers is too stressful for everyone based on how much better we all seem to feel now - he’s happier with me not hovering and not getting poked 6-7x a day. I’m happier knowing I can live my life and that he’s happy too and still millions of times better than he was earlier this year. With the cab on board I’m just too worried that he’ll go hypo when he hangs out in the green zone regularly. So I’m looking for that dose that keeps him mostly in blues and yellows with the occasional green. I’m pretty sure 9.25 was this magic spot.

in one of the first cycles when we got to that dose he slid below his usual reduction point of 70 at AMPS. I stalled and it went up so I fed and monitored. I assumed it was NDW.

Since then we have had very few greens, and nadirs in the low blues 100s - when he’s not bouncing. GREAT! Then today the same thing happened- I tested at +10 and he was in low 100s, and I was shocked at AMPS that he was at 66. Fed a treat (realized after the fact that I shouldn’t have), stalled, and tested again. He was only at 77 so I gave him a BCS since I’m not sure what the rest of my day (particularly nadir o’clock) looks like and was worried the 77 was a food bump.

So my question- looking at how he’s behaved at his current dose, should we stay and follow my plan - wait til he drops below 70 again then do a dose reduction? OR, do a dose reduction now?

thank you in advance!

@Wendy&Neko @tiffmaxee @Suzanne & Darcy @Bandit's Mom @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

FrostD likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With your current goal I would take a reduction. You are seeing a lot of green at amps which makes me think you are missing some when not testing.

I’m glad you are all doing well.

Jay Dee likes this.
  3. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Thank you! That makes sense.

4. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

He confirmed he needs a dose reduction today; at 71 +6. I’m sure he’d drop lower but I needed to run out so he got MC, hit I’ll be reducing next dose!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Did you short last night? Spreadsheet is blank at PMPS.

He did earn a reduction this AMPS. :D Nice you are finding a good balance.

Jay Dee likes this.
  6. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Yea I just noticed I forgot to record last night’s PMPS. I am not near my meter but it was nothing out of the ordinary and I gave his 9.25.

We are gonna try 9.0. It seemed like his 8.5 vacation dose was a bit too low so I’m going with 0.25 increments to find that good dose!