10/16 Bama Kitty AMPS 474 +3 413 +6 418 +9 442 PMPS 358 +3 383 +5 386

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bama Kitty Mom (GA), Oct 16, 2021.

1. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: 10/15 Bama Kitty AMPS 446 +3 455 +9.5 450; PMPS 392 +3 397

Still planning on the 18 hour curve today. Given his numbers at this dose [5.5] over the past week, it is encouraging to see some yellows and blues but I do think he needs to go up in dosage to 6. He ate an entire can of FF Chicken Feast from the Classic line. The smell reminded me of Spam or that canned Deviled Ham that used to be around when I was a kid. Though my mom never bought it, I used to eat it at my best friend's house.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Bama Kitty ate for you. I hope you get good data from the curve.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  3. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Gave Bama his Lax Snack [1/2" ribbon of Lax' Aire] at +3 and just before I went in to get his +6 reading, I heard him barfing. When I got in there he had barfed some in his litter box but gotten out to finish up so other than being able to tell his barf was the same color as the Lax' Aire, I couldn't tell much about it. When he vomits he tends to upload the bulk of it in one spot and moves to another spot to finish up a smaller amount. I have seen him when he is getting ready to vomit, run and get into his litter box but he usually gets out to unload so I don't think he had stepped into his litter box attempting to poop. After I tested his blood he wandered over and looked up to where I prepare his food and meowed so I gave him his +6 snack.

At this point, I don't know if he reacted to the Lax' Aire or the Fancy Feast he ate for breakfast. I suspect it was mostly liquid but given that I was scooping the vomit out of litter, I can't really say for sure. It did not look like an entire meal's worth so I blame the Lax' Aire. About 3 years ago we went through vomiting episodes that would come every few days and that went on for weeks. I had been trying to convert him all to canned food and was offering various other people foods--boiled eggs, cooked chicken, etc--for snacks. The vet recommended I just stick with actual cat food. I stopped offering only canned and introduced him to Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein Chicken kibble and we {Bama and I} made a truce. He would eat 1 3 oz. can per day split between AM & PM preshot meals along with the kibble. The frequent vomiting stopped.

4. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Oh dear sorry I never give Amethyst and JoJo the Lax anywhere near food time!! It says right on the box do not give with food!! Sorry he got sick:( They always get their dose at least 5 hours after they have eaten Healing hugs and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Yeah, I gave his lax about 3 hours after his amps meal and he threw up about 3 hours after that. No food until he asked for it @+6 after he threw up. I'm thinking he needed a little something in his stomach by then or maybe just a small amount of food with the lax to keep it from upsetting his stomach. I was calling it his "Lax Snack" even though it was just the Lax' Aire, no food with it. He seems to like it as he licked it right off my finger.

6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Oh OK I am glad he seems to like it Hopefully it will agree with him and work:cat::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: