10/16 Juggie amps 290 +3 191 +5 238 + 7 220 +9 227 pmps 293 +2 317 +4 297

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DenaRox, Oct 16, 2021.

1. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

previous

Been a while since I’ve posted. This month has been bonkers and I had to go out of town for a bit. Sadly nobody was able/willing to do testing but thankfully daughter is ok with giving insulin at least. Anyways I’m home now and have been testing all day.

Amps 290
    +3 191
    +5 238
    +7 220

His chart doesn’t have a lot of data other than am and pmps from before I left but his numbers are high

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If it's any consolation, my cat would not allow anyone to test except me. It made travel a bit nerve wracking. One thing that I did was lower Gabby's dose if my cat sitter was caring for my kitty. I would also gray out the rows for when I wasn't home.

Your cat's numbers aren't that high. I would encourage you to get at least a before bed test every night. I'm guessing you are at work during the day. If you're not there to get AM cycle tests, then it's important to get tests during the PM cycle. Otherwise, you're missing a lot of data and won't know if you've missed a reduction.

DenaRox likes this.
  3. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

Nobody has ever tried to test other than me so I really have no clue how he’d react. I Like the lowering dose for pet sitter idea. Will use that for future. Also like the greying out in chart, just went and added that.
    You are correct that I work daytime which is why there is rarely am testing done. Only have sat/Sun to do day testing or curves. I will make sure to do pm testing to get his chart some data. I noticed lately he is having more issue walking (it was really bad when first diagnosed then started to get better but is getting worse again) so I guess I feel that’s because of his numbers being high.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

It sounds like there's some diabetic neuropathy happening which affects the back legs. A form of vitamin B12, methylcobalamin, can help along with getting the numbers into a better range. Zobaline is a brand of methyl-B12 that's formulated for diabetic cats. It's a bit pricey. Vitacost also has methyl-B12.

5. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

Sorry for not being clear, he was diagnosed with neuropathy when diagnosed with diabetes and I have been giving him the methyl b12 from Vitacost. Which I’m sure has helped improve his mobility but I’ve read that until he is numbers are stabilized he won’t really improve to normal so with the worsening of his mobility it really worries me.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

No worries.

If you grayed out the days you were gone, you may want to do the same thing on the US tab. I'd also suggest putting a comment that you were gone and the person caring for Juggie couldn't test.

I'm not sure when you want to raise Juggie's dose. It's been more than a week since he's been at the 1.0u dose.

7. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

I tried to grey out us table and it would only let me change in boxes that had data on international table. Unless I’m missing something that’s the best I can do lol

as for his dose, after todays numbers I think I will raise it .25 because I am home all day tomorrow to test and watch as needed

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

If it won't let you change the color, then put a note in the comments section of the SS. That will help when we look at what's been going on and since I don't speak Canadian, I tend to go to the US tab.

DenaRox likes this.
  9. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

Added note to international side and it showed up on USA side.
    Gave him 1.25U but he’s still going up. I don’t think it was a fur shot because I didn’t smell insulin on hand after ( I always pet after then smell hand to make sure)

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

It may help to keep in mind that there's a 20% variability in the numbers due error variance for the meter. There's really no difference between your pre-shot number and your +2. It's a little deceptive since there's a difference in the color coding.

11. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

thanks. That’s a bit confusing but will try to remember lol. Did a +4 and he was at 297 so heading to bed. Thanks for all your help and info today :)