10/16 Max AMPS 246 +2 260 +4 160 +6 135

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Max still doing well but a little more sleepy today. He’s shaking his head more than usual and his left eye looks slightly closed, not as bright and open and the right eye. It may be because he’s slept a lot today. He’s still purring and happy, eating well. He does better on several small meals per day. Vet said to give only 2 meals at insulin times. That doesn’t work for Max. I reduced his dose by 1 unit last night because with my paranoia and the fact that he’s very hard to raise back up once he gets low, I have to do something I can live with right now. He feels better in blues I think.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

It looks like he’s doing very well today. Did they give you information about what to expect after the SRT?

Max & Lori likes this.
  4. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Yes they said he may be fatigued after the procedure but considering all that he’s gone through the past two weeks, he’s doing well. Today was the first day I noticed he was more tired so I’ve just let him rest.

Suzanne & Darcy and FrostD like this.
  5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any harm in the reduction (just look at my SS on our way down, paranoia/panic at its finest), but know 1U may not make a huge difference short term because you still have depot.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Lots of love to you and Max!!