10/17 Elmo AMPS 309,+3 444,+5 213, +7 60, + 9 102 PMPS.198,+1 214 ,+2 177,+3 223

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beth 73, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yesterday

After a day started with inch of water in basement storage room and contents of said room now in family room I gave Elmo a bath about +5.....sound asleep in the sun after that so let him be ....after all he was at 213 at +5 after a steep drop....then I just get a 60 at +7 :woot:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Beth 73

+7 60.... gave 1t MC ...timer set for 30 to recheck ....any thots/ advice on his bouncy self greatly appreciated ❤️

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Did the bath wash away some carbs he was hiding in his fur???

4. Beth 73

:woot: :arghh: :smuggrin: :joyful: :D ......oh, Nan, after all his bouncing I still am not fully confident I’m responding correctly :woot::woot::arghh::arghh:

5. Beth 73

+7.5 73.....gave 1/2 LC to help surf .... maybe...could be... kinda ...:arghh:

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If he doesn’t bounce from the greens, he surely will from the huge drops from +3 to +7. In future, if you see a big drop like that 444 to 213, I might give some higher %carb LC to slow him down, and test one hour later to see if stronger brakes are needed. As is, you ended up giving MC possibly at or just after nadir, which may shorten duration. Which in turn means higher preshots and farther to drop. The goal is to even him out earlier. I know, easier said than done. My girl was known on Lantus to give a higher +3, then earn a reduction later on that cycle. So much for the +2 rule. :rolleyes:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I see Elmo is at it again. I hope he keeps surfing for you and doesn't bounce.

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Beth 73

Thank you so much, Wendy :bighug: Elmo can truly be a puzzle :bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Beth 73

@Wendy&Neko Thank you , Wendy , for the pointers for the bouncing:bighug: Having gone thru it with Neko you have experienced it first hand . Any other pointers you have gleaned would be greatly appreciated. I don’t like constantly testing but at times I feel like I have no choice because I never know what Elmo will do next, or is that mainly when they are in high numbers? Is a 100 point plus drop the alarm that calls for intervention? And is type of intervention dependent on when in cycle it occurs ? Thank you in advance :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Wow! That was quite a dive for Elmo! Hope you can figure out how to level him out!

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. Beth 73

Thanks, Jill ....sounds like Wendy experienced this with Neko so good to know it can be done :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  12. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Please be a nice calm kitty tonight Elmo, no dramatics!

13. Beth 73

+2 177...down just 37 ...gave thyroids and livershake

14. Beth 73

Thank you, Sonia ❤️ This day has been a month so I’m believing we get to go to sleep sooner rather than later :) Hear that , Gpa Man:rolleyes: He is pretty pooped out from the drama of the bath this afternoon.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Beth 73

:woot: :eek: :arghh: He just likes his SS to look like a rainbow, Carla :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What I hated about higher preshots, is you never knew whether they would drop a lot or a little, or even go up. Lower numbers meant a much more gentle curve. The hardest thing for me was to try to figure out when the big drops might occur, and try to ease them down. It wasn't so much single cycle dependent, but often a pattern over a few cycles in a row. Ditto for trying to predict when the nadir might be, or at least within a couple hour span.

Then there is always the time honoured tradition of taking advantage night time bounces to catch up on sleep. Not all bad.;)

Beth 73 and Sonia & Leo like this.
  17. Beth 73

Thank you , Wendy , for your wisdom born out of experiencing it with sweet Neko ❤️ You have gone thru with her what I'm going thru with Elmo. Means a lot and helps calm my heart :bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.