? 10/18 Indie PMPS 83 +0.5 126....thoughts... do I skip her shot?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jessica & furbaby Indie, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Jessica & furbaby Indie Member

Am happy her numbers keep dropping but nervous too as I want to always catch it. :nailbiting: Am thinking I can skip her shot but want advice as I definitely want to keep her momentum going!! :) I want her :otj:

I stink! I wasn't thinking. I know am supposed to restrict food to see if she drops more but in order to test and shoot I give her food. So she ate. Then tested her 30 mins later and her BG reading was 126.

I so want to shoot to keep the momentum going but she has gotten so sensitive to having her ears pricked. They even feel more rough and bumpy then when we first started all this early Aug. She even tried biting me earlier today when I tried testing. I ended up having to work from home at the last minute and got excited cause that meant I could test more during the day! But she wasn't having it. I started balling. My poor baby. I wish I could put some numbing gel on her lil ears. Any suggestions??

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  2. Jessica & furbaby Indie

3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Since you fed you'll want to wait 2 hours before shooting. Can you be that far off schedule? You would have to work your way back by 15 min. twice a day or 30 mins. once a day.

4. Doodles & Karen

Also since she dropped under 90 she earned a reduction to .5u on SLGS :) If you can't get off schedule then skip the shot and start over in the morning.

5. Jessica & furbaby Indie

I can't :( Bummer. Guess I have to skip her shot tonight. I feel like her numbers are off lately, but maybe its just me.

6. Jessica & furbaby Indie

I completely forgot about that!!! She did. Yay, going to reduce to 0.5 starting tomorrow AM.

Thanks for responding and pointing that out!!

7. Doodles & Karen

I'm not sure what you mean by "Off"...she looks great. I know you feel bad about testing (we all do) but remember you're saving her life in doing so :bighug::bighug: Give her extra snuggles and a pokie break tonight.

Make sure her new dose is lowered to .5u tomorrow morning :)

8. Doodles & Karen

Congrats on the reducie. You really have to be careful and take those reductions. Looks like your work schedule restricts the ability to test during the day so it's super important. :bighug::bighug:

9. Doodles & Karen

BTW, one last thing...I promise ;) She might be higher than you'd like to see in the morning from the skipped shot. Ignore it and just stick with the .5u....OK? Have a restful night.

10. Jessica & furbaby Indie

I thought the readings around 160 were odd. But if you say they look good then I will take your word for it! :)

I am kissing and petting her now. She also likes massages, lol. So she ia getting one now :) My lil baby.

11. Jessica & furbaby Indie

Okay, will do. Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.