10/21 Abby AMPS 149 / +4 81 / PMPS 185

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SDAbby, Oct 21, 2020.

1. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Last thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...50-3-5-87-5-97-low-drops.237218/#post-2662629

Hi, everyone - based on the mid cycle drops, I dropped Abby down to .1 tonight (I know she dropped lower earlier in her cycle since the .81 was after ate a lot as she has been doing when she drops to the 50s). The vet said I should stop insulin due to her low mid cycle numbers but I am concerned with her high-100 pre shots. Is the .1 the right move or should I try to keep Abby at .25 due to her pre shots numbers (I know we dose base on nadirs but I thought we wanted pre shot numbers to be lower before testing OTJ)? I’m not sure how different TR is at low shot numbers, but should I try to switch to that? I guess I’m just curious next steps here...will her pre shot numbers start coming down at some point?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With SLGS, you did the right move going to 0.1 units. We do want to see at most very low blues when starting an OTJ trial, so it looks like she could use a little bit of insulin support yet. How are you feeding her now? Multiple small meals is best. When they have moved down to tiny doses, their pancreas is sputtering. If you can feed a small meal at +8 or +9, it may kick on the pancreas to crate insulin and bring down those preshots.

If that food trial doesn’t work, and do try it at least a week, going to TR may help. TR means you don’t reduce until below 68 instead of below 90.