10/22/19 Willow OTJ Trial Day 7! AMBG 76 (4.2)/ PMBG 70 (3.9)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by nslade001, Oct 22, 2019.

1. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well.

Willow has twice today had visible blood in her urine, a good size spot on her pad when she's peed over the LB. I'm really worried about her anemia status. Went in today to get her blood results (no one has called us yet) and they were "locked"...the vet is waiting for Willow's culture/sensitivity results to call us, and apparently won't release blood results first. I am so incredibly...ugh. Anyway, I'm worried that it's her kidneys or a neoplasia causing (until now, occult) blood loss, and worsening anemia, which so far the vets aren't even noticing, or are passing off as "it's the crf". And I think an ultrasound may need to be our next step, but don't think I trust the local vets to have the experience to do it, and don't know if they'll even suggest it...so far, we seem to be the ones making all the suggestions in her care.

Anyone here have any experience with hematuria (blood in urine) causing anemia? or suggestions, or thoughts?

Thanks so much, with love, Nikki

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this news...I hope it's not as bad as you think...I was going to congratulate you on another day on the OTJ trial...

Please post results as soon as you hear...sending you big (((((HUGS))))) and may the results be informative and come with some advice about how to treat. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  3. nslade001

Hi, thanks so much, but please just keep up the congratulating lol! Her hopefully becoming a diet-controlled diabetic will let me have more time to deal with her crf and whatever else may be going on, and hopefully more money lol. I just really feel like the vets aren't helpful, they just go along with what I suggest (which, don't get me wrong, is great!!) but I'd like to *get* some suggestions from someone who is supposed to know what they're doing, not just me! I sometimes think that no vet is concerned about her because she looks so good, and hey, she's old, what do you expect? Not that anyone's said that, but. Sigh. Feeling sorry for myself lol. with love, Nikki

4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry Nikki, it doesn't sound like you're getting any answers from your vet. I wonder if you might have better luck with a vet in Kingston?
    Happy day 7 of the OTJ Trial!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  5. nslade001

Thanks, I'm thinking if we need to ultrasound we may try the internist in ottawa (i think ottawa may be a bit closer, and we've been there before). With love, Nikki

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I hope you can get some answers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Happy Day 7! Halfway there!
    :cat::cat::cat::cat::D:D:D

nslade001 likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I hope your get some answers soon! And hopefully someone with experience in this disorder will shed some light.

I’m assuming she’s comfortable with these great numbers.

Meantime congrats on day 7!!

nslade001 likes this.
  8. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy day 7 little Willow! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Hope things go better; let's see tests results..:bighug:

nslade001 likes this.