? 10/22 Vacantion dose?Pufi AMPS 262, +2 254 +4 291 +8 304 PMPS 308

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sanda Elena, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-20-pufi-amps-286-pmps-307.220679/
    The fifth day on 2.25 got him some blue numbers :) last PM cycle. Of course today is bouncy day .
    We are living friday afternoon for 2 and a half days and I am trying to find the best solution.
    My father in law will come to us to stay with Pufi so he will watch him and give insulin shots. I will train him to test but I am not sure about the results. I was thinking to lower the dose to 2 IU tommorow and if testing will not be an option increase the carb content. For now he is on 5% the most.
    Thoughts?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you are’t sure about testing, a reduced dose is a good idea. And 2.0 is an easy dose on the line, for him to measure. I would still leave a sample syringe with coloured liquid in it, showing what 2.0 looks like. Lowering the dose tomorrow will give you a good idea how he will do on this dose while you are gone. Not sure you need to increase the carbs, unless you think Pufi will go off his food while you are away.

Hope you are doing something fun while you are away.

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sounds safe enough. Can I go too?:D

2 and a half days off from work and cat care - OMG what would that be like????? :rolleyes:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Thank you fot your advice. I will see what he does on 2 ui before living and decide about carbs. He will be with my father in low all the time so he will have plenty of food. We are going to a mountain resort with spa and all

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  5. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

You are invited:bighug:. Actually I do not feel very well knowing I leave my boy home. If I could I would take him too. It's just that in the car he became very nervous and all he do is scream the entire time even if we are traveling for hours. There was a time when we had to take him with us and had to travel 300 km. He hated it

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

That's great that your FIL will help you with Pufi. When I left George with a friend I also left her with log in details of the forum, just in case she needed any emergency help and couldn't speak to me on the phone (she never needed to log in but I felt better knowing she would also have the support of the board if she had an emergency).
    Just a thought.

Sue and Luci likes this.