10/26 Butters AMPS 85/+2.5 241/+7 328/PMPS 328/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday overnight, I thought Butters was going to have a big bounce, but she ended up going back to the lagoon. I also thought she'd cuddle with me all night, and she didn't do that either. She is her own cat.

She has continued to be standoffish today, but is sleeping and eating very well. I had moved her tray and plate onto a towel on my couch when she came home from the hospital, and she has been taking all of her meals there ever since. She loves eating there. This morning, she ate breakfast and then fell asleep right next to her plate.

Her belly is still feeling soft. There have been no further attempts at jumping onto my bed, which is totally fine.

Have a good day, all.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That’s a great report!!

Considering it’s only been a week!!

She just doesn’t want you to forget who’s boss :bighug::bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Megan and Bernie

Megan and Bernie Member

Hah, so does Bernie! Half the time, she won’t eat unless I move her bowl to the ottoman in the living room, and it must be facing the TV. I swear she watches it!

Beautiful PS, Butters! Good job staying in the lagoon! Don’t forget to snuggle your mom, silly girl :D:cat:

Butters & Lyla and JOJI and Kit like this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That’s great to see green.

5. Butters & Lyla

There is the bounce: 241 @+2.5. :rolleyes: And after I tested my own BG because seeing four 85s in a row convinced me my meter was broken.

It was great to see the green, though!

6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

7. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Ha, I was just coming here to say nice consistency last night, Butters - which is true :p Hope she clears the bounce quickly and so glad to read such a positive report :bighug: Have a great day, Lyla.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great update for Butters. I hope she continues to improve. Hopefully she clears the bounce soon. Sending prayers.

9. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

So great she continues to eat and sleep :bighug:.

The question is, is the BG higher because of any issue vs a bounce? Not necessarily a scary issue...I do not want to alarm you :) but this is where the BG is sometimes able to help provide information about how things are going during recovery from a flare or any illness. The fact that she didn’t cuddle and was standoffish and it sounds like she is staying put in one place may indicate she was not feeling so great last night and today. Again, it’s going to be some ups and downs, but something to watch. Look for trends. If it’s temporary, probably nothing to worry about and Butters is just being a cat. What may have been a bounce pre pancreatitis flare may not be a bounce now but rather an indicator of what’s happening with the recovery process.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Bounce be gone!

thebigfuzz and Butters & Lyla like this.
  11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Afternoon Lyla, always sending prayers, I hope she clears the bounce, still a great
    update. Go and cuddle momma Butter's :bighug::cat:

12. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Lovely to see those greens and blues, Butters :D:cool:. Hopefully the yellows disappear soon enough. It's great to know she's been resting and eating still. Keep on that track, Butters. Have a great day Lyla :)

13. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to hear she’s feeling better and eating!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

you think that’s bad? Minnie now won’t eat unless I hold the bowl in front of her mouth. Then, I have to keep rotating it slowly so she can eat all around the bowl. Yes, bad habits from when she wouldn’t eat for me and I tried every which way and now there’s just no going back. If I place the bowl on the floor in front of her, she looks at me like, what? You really don’t expect me to eat off the floor now do you?? :D

14. Butters & Lyla

From green to yellow to pink in seven hours. Hopefully she gets back to better numbers quicker this time.

I was thinking about this last night. :( Thinking the standoffish behaviour could be a sign of something sinister happening like a flare up. And I will never look at a bounce the same way again. It is not "just a bounce" anymore. I searched for the slightest bit of discomfort on her face (saw none), observed how she reacted when I pet her (fine with it), and her position as she lay on her bed (looked comfy). So I don't know. I'm trying to make notes of all these things as much as I can, so that I can build a better story, look for trends etc.

I have also observed that she has become quite burpy?! She lets out these huge burps, mostly within 30 minutes or so of eating. Nothing has changed in regards to how she eats or what she eats off of. I don't yet know what this means, if anything. Just noting it for now.

She did decide to get back into cuddling around noon today and has been at it ever since, which is good.

15. Butters & Lyla

Bernie is so funny! Butters flat out refuses to watch TV. But I know I'm never getting her to take her meals from the floor again.
    I've tried for years to find something on TV she'd enjoy, but she either turns away or closes her eyes. I put a cat tv channel on my tablet for her and put it on my bed for her to watch. She walked up to the tablet, stared for ten seconds, looked behind the tablet, stared at me with disdain and then proceeded to lay down in front of the tablet with her back facing it. I am convinced she was offended that I tried to get her to react to birds that weren't really there. :rolleyes:

As I prep her 8th dose of meds/insulin and her 7th meal of the day, I was just thinking it was a good thing she gave me that bouncy reminder of who is in charge, because I was dangerously close to forgetting. :D:bighug:

Thanks Diane. :bighug:She listened to you! She came right around this time and passed out in my lap. :bighug:

Oh no! I'm afraid that I am going to be in this exact situation. I have to admit I was doing the same thing when Butters first came home from the hospital...she was only eating food from the part of the plate that she faceplanted into. She didn't seem to notice that the rest of the plate existed, so I began rotating it for her and I haven't really stopped because she seems to enjoy it soooo much. I better try to stop it. lol.

16. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Oh—the burping!!! T was Mr Burpy. When I first asked about it many years ago, I got the “huh” looko_O. Now they realize, yes, they get do get gas.
    The pancreas has a major role in digestion and it is also not uncommon for the GI tract to become inflamed due to pancreatitis (and actually DM).
    I actually would give T infant dye free Mylicon which is just Simethicone :).

17. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Cats have us trained far too well. I have one cat where she HAS to lick the first few bites of food off my finger. Then I have to stand there and pet her when she stretches for one. If I walk away, so does she. Then she meows for more, so I bring it back to her and start over again. :p
    Another one, I have to put the bowl exactly where she wants it to be. She used to have a spot. Now her spot is wherever she decides at the moment.
    Funny how they're both girls. All the boys just eat in their spot until they're finished. No leftovers for them. Lol. They're not picky.
    It's amazing how we cater to them :p:cat:
    But we do it because we love them. And they know it.

Tomlin and Megan and Bernie like this.
  18. Butters & Lyla

I'd mentioned burpiness to her vet a while ago and got that exact same look. Argh. This poor cat. Burping could be related to the inflammation....ack. The burping picked up a lot since she came home from the hospital. I'll be trying to observe if/when it subsides, for now.
    I also don't want to forget her gallop heart rhythm that the IM heard and the heart murmur that other vets have heard off and on. Could these possibly be related, too? She has a cardiologist appt booked in late January, with strict instructions not to get her a dental cleaning until then. I seem to have let that slip my mind lately.
    My brain feels like it is getting dangerously close to exploding. But it's all good. I hope I seem like the duck who looks soooo calm and collected, but underneath that water are my feet paddling furiously. :D

Tomlin and Sue and Luci like this.
  19. Butters & Lyla

LOL. I had a cat who refused to eat unless I pet him and cooed in his ear about what a good boy he was. The best boy. If I stopped cooing OR petting, he would stop eating AND poop and pee in my bathtub instead of in his litterbox. Funny enough, the introduction of a dog was what snapped him out of it. :confused: We love them, yes, but cats are just weird.

20. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Funniest thread :D....LOL.

T is NOT going to be served in some undignified large pile of food on a plate way;). It’s coming back if it is not up to standard with respect to appearance, smell, temperature....and don’t make him come into the kitchen to voice his dissatisfaction because he will:eek:!

It’s got to be multiple courses for T, small, neat pile, lightly heated. Once he is done he will summon service to take his bowl and bring him the next course :facepalm::D!! Each course gets the inspection all over again.

We keep trying to figure out what or who he was in a former life....LOL! Definitely high society with his love of classical music, multiple course meals as if he’s in some upscale restaurant & some after dinner grooming of the beard. He is an interesting little fur man with quite the personality :bighug:

21. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with that lol! Minnie will stop and look at me and wait for the rotation to start eating again haha!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020