? 10/26 Henry AMPS is 355 AMPS + 8 454 Could this rise be due to the increase dosage? (NDW)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Golf2015, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Golf2015

Golf2015 Well-Known Member

@Marje and Gracie How many cycles for the 1.5 units. Last night PMPS +6 377 AMPS this morning is 355 AMPS +8 454

If you look at the Month of May in the spreadsheet attached (2) curves were perform @ 4 units these (2) curves with respect the past curves showed progress @ 4 units versus the previous curves is it possible that Henry needs to be @ 4 units? Henry is two pounds lighter since May. Just need guidance.
    Previous Thread

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sorry to just get around to you all today but I wanted to see how his day went and what his PMPS was.

I appreciate you linking the Log you kept. I did study it before I ever posted to you the first time. When we look at data, we focus on the last few weeks. Lots of things can change in the length of time from May to now.

I would increase his dose to 2u in the morning unless you magically see any numbers below 300. If you see yellow numbers tonight, let’s give him two more cycles at 1.5u.

3. Golf2015

OK will increase to 2 units in the morning if no yellows

Thank You Marje

4. Marje and Gracie

You’re welcome. Also....he’s still pretty flat although it might not seem like it. Most of his numbers are close to within 20% of each other.

Paws crossed on the increase.

5. Golf2015

So when the numbers are flat it means the amount of insulin is not having a major impact just slightly?

6. Golf2015

Also the numbers increased is this increase by definition this theory of NDW?

7. Marje and Gracie

Yes. And he could have a little delayed NDW.

Wendy and I were discussing Henry and she suggested we hold the dose of 1.5u a couple more cycles so we can make sure the depot stabilizes a bit since we are close to the 2u where he showed lower numbers before. I think two more cycles is reasonable and it will let the depot catch up a bit.

So let’s give him 1.5u for two more cycles. Ok?

8. Golf2015

I got your message I will hold 1.5 units until further notice from you

I understand the logic of the 2 units earlier in the spreadsheet during the blues and greens

I feel like I'm in good hands with you and Wendy

Thank You so much