10/27 Butters AMPS 227/+2.5 324/+8 328/PMPS 324/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday: bouncing....or an uptick in inflammation? Can't say for sure. However, Butters hasn't shown any signs of regression. I have been monitoring her closely. She remains steady on what feels like a very slow road to recovery.
    Today: looks like it is shaping up to be exactly the same as yesterday.

Trying to look on the bright side of what I hope is just a bounce: Butters, your ears have been saved! Enjoy your pokie break while it lasts.

Have a good day, all.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Lyla, I'm hoping it's a bounce also. I hope she comes down today.
    Bless that girl. Have a peaceful day Lyla :bighug::bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Butters slides back down soon. I hope you get lots more cuddles. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I do think it’s a bounce. Hoping that last test is a high signaling it’s ending.

5. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Sending lots of healing love to Butters! Hope you both have a wonderful day :bighug:

6. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Happy Butters is moving in the right direction :bighug:!
    Often it just takes some time for the glucose to become regulated again. That little body has to heal and it can be a slow process for the inflammation & immune response to lessen, but as long as it happens that is all that matters :). Both of you can enjoy the break.

I posted a thread on the main forum with links regarding some validated scales used for identifying pain in cats including the new Feline Grimace Scale. It’s very cool. It is tricky to identify pain sometimes, especially as it becomes more subtle during recovery from illness/dentals/surgery so my hope is the scales will help. I wish it was around 5 years ago when I was trying to decode Ts face :banghead:o_O;):spam:!

7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

8. Colio

Colio Member

Hope Butters enjoys the break :cat:

9. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

glad you're on the road to recovery.

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've got it right...slow and steady now Butters!

Enjoy your evening :)

11. Butters & Lyla

Two nights ago she was consistently 85. Today she is consistently around 324.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Tonight, we are beginning cycle four of this bounce.:banghead:

She has been a squishy puddle of mush in my lap tonight, so at least there's that.:)

12. Butters & Lyla

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thanks again for posting this extremely important information. :bighug:
    I am still on the hunt for a good primary care vet. Now I will also be asking whether they use these pain scales in their assessments. After having her pain all but ignored at the first ER I took her to, I would never assume that a vet uses them.

13. tiffmaxee

How is she acting? Any more energy?

14. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

I hope you can find a good vet who is knowledgeable about feline diabetes and the various complications like that terrible pancreatitis Butters has been through. Thank goodness you have your own knowledge base and the support of all the wise wonderful people here! I hope Butters keeps improving for you. I know the BG is a bit discouraging but, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like that is secondary at the moment to managing the acute pain/pancreatic attack she has just been through. As she recovers, I'm sure she'll get regulated and back on track for you. Hugs!

15. Butters & Lyla

A little more energy, I'd say: she is grooming herself more and she has jumped onto my bed a few more times this week. I think things are moving in the right direction, just extremely slow. No interest in play. She hasn't resumed interest in sitting at the windows. Hopefully this comes next.

tiffmaxee, Cheryl & Jazzy and Tomlin like this.
  16. rawia

rawia Member

It is hard to regulate them after such a pain. Meme had the same issue, difficult time to regulate her

I moved up to 1 unit and it seems that she follows butter :):):).

she had little fever today and did not eat will, so i think the recovery journey is quite long :bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

A Recovery Buddy :bighug:....Meme and Butters can take the journey back together :)!

It can take some time. Keep in mind that the inflammation was most likely happening before Butters and Meme became symptomatic, so it takes some time for it to decrease.

This is one reason using and repeating the
    Spec fPLI (if you have access to it and financial restraints are not an issue), even if a cat has a chronic issue, can be helpful. For example, T had a routine Spec fPLI at one point that was significantly higher than one a few months prior. He was doing well at that time. Within 3 weeks, he became symptomatic. Guess what else had been increasing? Glucose. I had adjusted the insulin but I did not adjust it like I would have had it been independent of the results from the Spec fPLI. Ts first symptom was a refusal to eat. Fortunately, we had that “buffer” with his BG and didn’t have to worry about him dropping low as we worked on getting things under control.

18. tiffmaxee

Max’s first symptom was also inappetence. He often got an episode after a trip to the vet so we stopped testing to see if it was normal early on and relied on symptoms unless I brought him in specifically for not doing well.