Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by Golf2015, Oct 27, 2020.
Pink is better than red! Time to get moving, Henry.
As I posted last night, we will give him six cycles at 1.5u so that will be through tonight. If we don’t see blue numbers by tonight or AMPS tomorrow, it will be time to increase the dose to 2u.
If I see blue numbers at PMPS, PMPS + 6 or AMPS tomorrow morning continue with 1.5 units but if I see yellow or above that threshold (Purple on up) at those data points 2.0 units. If I do witness a Blue just once on any of these three data points I will stick with 1.5 units
You’re welcome. We’d definitely want to see more than a tiptoe in blue but it would be smart just to hold the dose for another cycle or so and see what happens. But....I don’t think you’ll see blue. Of course, my crystal ball has been known to “lose the signal” from time- to-time
OK I understand lets say if if it's 240 or less I'll probably continue with 1.5 units. Because of the 20% Variance (200 + 20% of 200 = 240). If he's under 300 I will perform midpoints of the current midpoints.
I would suggest you not get in the habit of making dose determinations based on the 20% variance. So, in other words, I wouldn’t do that. You want to see an actual number below 200 because if you are trying to use 20% variance and you got a 240, it could also be 288. The variation works both ways.
I only used the 20% variance so you could tell if his curve was actually moving or not but we never use it to make dosing decisions.
Sound good? You want to actually see a BG below 200 on the meter before you hold the dose.
BG 434 at midnight EST just minutes ago which is PMPS +6