10/27 Lulu AMBG 65, PMBG 63

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PorkChop, Oct 26, 2020.

1. PorkChop

PorkChop Member

Yesterday

Little Lulu was not interested this morning, she had no patience for BG testing, for her insulin or for me. She just wants to have her food then run around and play. What a little character. It is now Lulu's world lol

2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Lulu was a total little b to test this morning - took over 20 mins of trying, walking away, deep breathing and discussions with her about withholding her breakfast until she finally gave up the blood drop. Typical teenager I think - I feel fine, I know it all and you don’t need to test me! But she did want her breakfast so when she put two and two together she was a perfect little angel and went to her testing chair herself lol you’ve got to love them, or strangle them!

I have been thinking and studying spreadsheets and though I am the massive fan of TR it’s just not happening for us in her circumstances. I’m thinking that in her particular circumstances and at such a low dose so quickly that a less aggressive approach might be better for her so we can keep safely giving insulin to help out her pancreas for longer. I’m not sure if we want to be quite as conservative as SLGS though o_O

I’m thinking along the lines of skipping shots if she’s under say 80 and maybe trying with the .25U again so we still have somewhere to go for reducing. If we find we are skipping too many shots and she’s getting out of the normal range by the time we shoot, or she goes under 50 reducing to .1 and then carrying on at that dose in the same vein - thoughts?

PorkChop likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you can try that plan, but I'll be surprised if she needs insulin much longer.

PorkChop likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think I'd try 0.1 units next.

PorkChop likes this.
  5. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Lol, here I am trying to scale back the aggression but still taking it a bit too far. So good to have this forum for feedback, thank you ladies :kiss::kiss: So new plan is we’ll start shooting .1 every time she’s over 80 and see how that goes.

thebigfuzz and PorkChop like this.