? 10/28 2019 Pufi PMPS 75 stal +12:40 min 73 +13:10 71 +13:40 69 +16 129 Skip

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sanda Elena, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Hi!
    We arrived from our trip and started the regular dose 2.25 this morning. Nothing unusual until now. Green PMPS , retested 68 or so , bad test excluded.
    I am waiting 30 min and retest. I am home and able to monitor but nevet shot a green before. I am on SLGS so i should skip accordingly which I do not want to.
    This morning I started Diamel a supplement that vet recommended . I only gave 0.5 ml ( 1 ml twice a day is the dose) . It is possible to lower the BG instantly ? I sincerely doubt . I will update the SS

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Waiting for the SS to be updated.

Your choices with SLGS are to wait, without feeding, until the numbers come high enough to shoot (over 90), or skip.

3. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

SS updated. I will wait and see

4. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

And that means I will have to shoot 2 IU? Since he was under 90

5. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

40 min later 73

6. Wendy&Neko

Could you also put something in the spreadsheet to indicate the days you were away and the pet sitter was shooting? Otherwise people will ask about lower dose and lack of preshot data.

And yes on the reduction. Looks like you are skipping tonight, unless your schedule can be really late tomorrow. And without food, they will often start dropping more.

I searched the site, and found only reference to Diamel, sounds like it’s a food supplement.

7. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Tomorrow I am home so no problem about shoting late.
    Before living I went to a vet to by some supplies and the tech told me about Diamel , a food suppliment for diabetic cats and dogs. I sad ok, I will try this when I will be back , in fact he needs some folic acid vit B 12 and aminoacids. I put 0.5 ml in his food this morning the prospect says 1 ml but I thought to start with a lower dose just to be caautios. The tech told me they have a diabetic dog which with insulin and diamel is very well regulated. I do not belive in fairy tails but I sad ok what the heck:cat:

8. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

71 30 min later. I think he is going to eat me soon

9. Wendy&Neko

Feed him, skip.

10. Wendy&Neko

Oh, forgot to ask if he has any history of ketones or DKA?

11. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Thank you so much for being here with me and keeping an eye on us. Good bless you! :bighug:

12. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

No. No DKA or ketones. I will check for ketones though

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  13. Wendy&Neko

You might want to do a BG test again before bed. The dinner should boost him up some.

And welcome home says Pufi!

Happy to help, as others did for me.

14. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Ohhh! I will do at least one test before bed. First thing I've done when we came was a BG test of courseo_O