10/28 LT AMPS 136/144, +1 161,+2.3 61,+4.5 127, PMPS 190(petmeter) 142 Prime +1 174 , +2 186

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne Burton, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

2. Suzanne Burton

@carfurby Could you look at yesterday's condo and let me know what I would do if LT doesn't get to 150? Should I shoot anyways?

3. Suzanne Burton

Gave .25U.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm at work and just pop on when I have a minute. Sorry I didn't see this in time. I think you are fine to shoot the 0.25 units. You should get a +1 and a +2 to see where LT is headed.

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  5. Suzanne Burton

Thanks Carla! I'll do the +1 and +2 to make sure he's not pulling more shenanigans like last night.

6. Suzanne Burton

@carfurby He is 68 at +2, so I fed him 2 tsp HC food and will check him in 20 min; Is there a chance he is already reverting back to his remission status? @Wendy&Neko , what do you think. All input is appreciated.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  7. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Anything is possible :bighug: your regular spot tests could have detected things early!

You probably still have some of the 0.5 depot in play this morning, but glad to see you took the earned reduction on the pet meter.

Glad you fed HC on that 68.

@Wendy&Neko comes on a bit later in the day. She is usually on the water in the am.

8. carfurby (GA)

It's possible he could go back off insulin quickly. I hope he comes up and surfs a little higher.

9. Suzanne Burton

I gave another teaspoon of HC gravy with 1 tsp of MC gravy (15%). I'm out of HC food, but I can send my DH to the grocery store, but it's a small town and they may not have any. Checking again 20 minutes after latest gravy.

thebigfuzz and Bandit's Mom like this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

I'm at work and may not be able to stay on.

Do you have any honey or maple syrup? You can put a drop on some LC food if you need to.

Suzanne Burton and Bandit's Mom like this.
  11. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

If you don't have HC food, you could add a little honey/karo to LC/MC food.

thebigfuzz and Suzanne Burton like this.
  12. Suzanne Burton

Thanks, I'm doing another check in a few minutes and will add add honey to LC food if he's not coming up.

thebigfuzz and Bandit's Mom like this.
  13. Bandit's Mom

14. Suzanne Burton

just checking to see if my new ss link works

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  15. Bandit's Mom

There are 2 links in your signature. One that says "LT's Spreadsheet" (after "TR") still links to the 2019 tab of the SS. You could just take that out since you already have a working link at the end of your signature.

16. Suzanne Burton

Done:).

Sue and Luci and Bandit's Mom like this.
  17. Suzanne Burton

So, looks like I overshot a bit on the intervention because he's now 96 at +3.5.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  18. Bandit's Mom

You want to make sure he is rising without food. Another test in an hour without feeding and if he is rising, you should be good. :)

19. Suzanne Burton

So I really did give too much:facepalm: with a 127 at +4.5. I forgot how reactive he can be:rolleyes: to HC (TBH it didn't budge it ths much last night).

20. Bandit's Mom

There might be an element of a bounce to factor in too. Safety first though! So you were right to intervene.

21. Suzanne Burton

I know higher is better than too low and he's fine now, just snoozing in his favorite chair. I'm giving him a break for now and won't test again until the PMPS.

22. Suzanne Burton

@Chris & China (GA), can you make a suggestion about what to do tonight? I'm down to 4 pet meter strips and more don't arrive until Friday. I found my Prime strips and could use those starting tonight, but with my Addison's disease, I'm not sure I can stay up late again. I also know that we aren't to take 2 reductions back to back, but my husband is going to fight me on giving LT any insulin tonight and I'm not sure I can convince him otherwise; maybe he would agree to the amount in the needle (what we called needle juice last time). Anyways, I wanted to ask now because I don't want to wait until the last minute to figure this out. Plus, I feel LTs BG will be falsely elevated tonight from my overzealous interventions today. I'm going to go take a nap, but will check back here first thing after I get up.

23. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

By the time PMPS rolls around, the HC food should be out of the picture. It doesn't last forever.

Might want to get a +11.5 so you have some time to make a decision before the actual PMPS.

As you know, there's never any guarantee ...even if you only gave the "needle juice", it's still possible that he could drop and need testing. The only way to be sure you wouldn't have to worry about it is to skip the shot completely.

I do think that today's hijinks were probably caused by the .5u depot so we wouldn't suggest decreasing again but you could skip tonight (tell yourself it's a furshot) and start over at .25 in the morning

24. Suzanne Burton

Thank you @Chris & China (GA) for your help on tonight. Thanks for not judging me about not having another long night in me. I think that I will start again in the morning. I already have arranged for my DH to do my grocery and prescription pick-up tomorrow so I can be home all day with LT. I hope you realize what a remarkable group this is and how invaluable it is to people such as myself.

25. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne. Glad to see you but sorry you are back. :bighug:

26. Suzanne Burton

Thanks. It's nice to hear from you :cat:. We are trying to be hopeful that having the teeth removed will help. He's needing just a little insulin for now.

27. Suzanne Burton

So, I couldn't stand not to give him any insulin at all, and with a long nap under my belt, we decided to give 1 drop tonight. We'll start back on the 0.25 tomorrow mornng. I was just too scared to give him the entire .25 tonight and I had something come up so I couldn't do the check at +11.5.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  28. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good plan on a depot drainer tonight, and 0.25 units tomorrow. Paws crossed for early sleep for you tonight.
    Today was a ferry ride. :p

Suzanne Burton and thebigfuzz like this.
  29. Suzanne Burton

I appreciate everyone's encouragement and assistance. We are just needing a bit of help in finding our footing again.