10/29 Milo AMPS 128 Mirtazapine I love you

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-28-milo-amps-146.237631/#post-2667937

Good morning!

I loaded up the autofeeder yesterday, as usual, and when I came home I discovered Milo had eaten exactly NOTHING all day (gulp). He was 81 @ +12 but it gave me a scare. Who knows what happened during the day?? So, I got the mirtazapine into him (1/4 tab) and he ate his way through the evening and night. He's eating well again this morning. I guess I just I just need to stick to 1/4 tab every other day to make sure he eats. I'm pretty sure others have said here that would be ok. I just didn't want to dose him if it's not necessary but now it's hard to tell and I don't want to get it wrong. The consequences could be terrible.

Surf safely all you kitties out there! Happy day to your owners!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you can keep giving the mirtz as long as you need to. Maybe try not giving it on the weekends when you can monitor so you'll know if he still needs it. I'm glad he's okay. Sending prayers.

3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with mirtz but I'm still using cyproheptadine for Butters' appy since she came home from the hospital almost two weeks ago. I learned that inflammation can wax and wane, and it could take a while to completely be able to wean off meds. Hopefully a bit of mirtz every other day keeps Milo eating until he is fully ready to eat on his own!

Thinking of you both:bighug: