10/29 Ming + 1 = 12.6 PMPS = 86 or 4.8 (AMPS = 142, +2 = 50) reduced to 5u in PM with MC meal

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

even though you used 20% gravy which still might be in effect I'd say it is bounce.
    Hopefully Wendy will agree and you have some rest.
    I would take +9.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you smelled Lantus, chances are some of the shot didn’t get in. As long as he didn’t get any high carb food at +1, he kept rising on his own. Which means bounce plus the previous dose wearing off before onset. That, combined with a possible partial fur shot means you can get a good sleep tonight. You could probably wait until +10 even for a test. And that’s only because you are still learning how he works Lantus. Otherwise 8 would have said to put away the test kit until morning.

When cats aren’t used to green, they can initially be quiet or uncomfortable in those numbers. Neko hid under the bed at green and played in pink. Thankfully that reversed over time.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Try popping the top, put it back down and then "squeeze" the gravy into another bowl....it's messy but it works!!

4. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Is the bounce from what happened during AMPS or from what happened right before PMPS?

Darn. Ugh. My hands smell like Lantus all the time after I handle the syringe and everything.

How much/long will this potentially missed shot affect the depot?

I don't think he ate any. He followed me downstairs but did go upstairs for a bit to retrieve his toy. I came back up now to look at his dish and looks relatively the same as 2 hours ago. I put away his food now but he now he wants more food. Is it okay to feed him some LC food snack?

Oh! Good idea :)

5. Tanya and Ducia

ok, all is good here,
    wishing you all good night.

6. Crista & Ming

Good night, Tanya! Thank you so much :D

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  7. Tanya and Ducia

My guess 50 at +2 is the one to blame for the bounce.
    Totally yes.

8. Crista & Ming

Oh ya, he doin' da bouncy. Sorry Ming :( I screwed you up again :(

22.2 or 400 at +3.

Ok I'll sleep now. Good night, everyone!

9. Crista & Ming

Woke up with this thought:

If I indeed missed his shot (pretty sure since he’s in the blks), could I shoot early?

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

You can move the shot up by 30 min/24 hours or 15 min/cycle. We use this method to get back on schedule. I think (skimming through) that you stalled 1 hour?

I bought this lil gadget to strain gravy. It works great. I strain it directly into a small Rubbermaid container so I can lid it and keep in the fridge for a couple of days.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042X9XA4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1