10/29 Oberon PMPS 495 (1.5 U R), +2 451, +4 449

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

Butters & Lyla, Tomlin and thebigfuzz like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

They do like to keep us guessing. I hope Oberon slides down today.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Lisa & Oberon

Shooting back up very fast... 306 at +2 and 411 at +4. I'm trying something slightly different- midcycle R at +4 instead of waiting until +6 when he'll likely be much higher. Hoping to nip this in the bud. The R nadir should hit at about +8, after the Lantus nadir, though even if they both hit at the same time it's not likely to bring him too low.

Tomlin and thebigfuzz like this.
  4. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

As always....wishing you the best with the R:bighug:.

5. Lisa & Oberon

Looks like that midcycle R held the bounce back for a bit, but here he goes again. Hoping 1.5 U will help bring him back down.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Just a thought on mid cycle R earlier. If you give at L+4, the R will finish it's action around L+8 ish, leaving still 4 hours that the L has to do the heavy lifting. But later in the L cycle it's after nadir, the Lantus effect is waning already so it's harder for it to fight those numbers. If you give the R at +6, then it's only a couple hours that L has to do the heavy lifting. Of course it's a trade-off, cause giving R later mid cycle gives the bounce a little more room to grow before the R starts it's action.

Anyway, an experiment gives you the opportunity to see how the R and L work together and see what works best.

7. Lisa & Oberon

Yeah, I was hoping giving the R a little earlier would keep the bounce from getting too big to begin with. It did for a while, but once it wore off, boom. Next time I'll see what happens if I wait until +6 during a big bounce. I suspect the long term solution is going to be to increase the L...

Which brings up another question... this is cycle 6 at 9.0 U of Lantus. One dip so far at this dose, but not as long or low as his other dips. Hold another cycle or two, or go ahead and increase tomorrow?

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

His dips have just been high blues, unless you see greens tonight, I think you are good for the increase.

9. Lisa & Oberon

Morning data for reference: +8 154, AMPS 205/0.6, +2 306, +4 411 (1.25 U R), +6 378, +8.5 369

OK... 9.5 U starting tomorrow.