10/3 Tucker12 AMPS 194, +4 187, +6 61, +9 88, PMPS 81, +2 81, +3 68, +4 68, +5.25 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker12, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Good morning!
    Previous

Tucker had a good start this morning. We had to put down our dear family civvie Riley yesterday (CT+biopsy showed aggressive gastric lymphoma that had likely metastasized). Hard decision, but we could tell he was in pain even with appropriate meds, and he really wouldn't eat much at all. Vet estimated survival at most 2 months with steroids, but we didn't want him suffering just for our own selfish emotions.

I was so exhausted last night at PMPS that I elected to do a half dose. Shooting in the green has usually resulted in a low. Which is great if he earns it, but I just could not stay up to monitor.

Tucker is feeling great, although he is looking for his buddy. I hope he has a nice steady green day today.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry to read about your Riley :( It's always so sad to say goodbye to our beloved pets. Sending you (((((hugs)))) for helping him cross. No animal should ever be allowed to suffer - even though he had meds...breaks my heart :(

You needed to rest after the day you had. Good idea to shoot a reduced dose. Tucker will be back to the lagoon in no time....

Tucker12 likes this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry about your friend Riley. :bighug:

Tucker12 likes this.
  4. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I can say I don't think it ever gets easier to make that decision for our pets--they really are members of our family :cat:

+6 @61. I think the +4 was a bit higher than likely what it truly was, because he struggled with me a bit for his poke, no biting tho which I take as a win :smuggrin:

5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Tucker is coming down nicely after the half dose last night.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry about Riley. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Tucker12 likes this.
  7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Oh I hurt for you. Hugs dear cat lover. A few people here have also had recent losses, and I lost a civvie in January. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Love sure can hurt, but you helped with all your love until the end.

Give Tucker lots of extra love.

Tucker12 likes this.
  8. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+9 and he is having a nice day coasting along at 88. He has been at the big front window looking for Riley--they always sat there together. One day at a time, for the both of us:rb_icon:

9. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

PMPS 81...fed and dosed full dose. I hope he doesn't decide to do anything too crazy o_O. I'll keep an eye on him tonight. I really wish he pulled these green PS numbers in the am cycles instead.

10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

You are doing great, and you are brave! Tucker is doing well, at a nice pace. It sounds like you are ready for possible excitement tonight, since he looks like he could be preparing for another reduction;)

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

That +2 is the same as the PS so be sure to keep testing for awhile! The lantus is just now going to start to kick in.

If you haven't already done it, it might be a good idea to go ahead and give a small LC snack (but you don't want to fill him up in case you need him to eat later)

Tucker12 likes this.
  12. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

He usually eats at +2.5, so I fed him his usual amount of LC food at that time. I am planning to test him until around +6, as he usually drops before that if he has plans for a PJ party.

13. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, here's the coffee, just in case :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: ;)

14. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Thanks! I've already got some black tea brewing but might need to up the caffeine :woot:

15. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+4 @68. Pretty flat so far.. Convinced me he was hungry so I relented and gave 1/8 can LC friskies.

16. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+5.25 still coasting @61. Autofeeder set with LC, and I gave him 2 tsp 18% just to be sure. He hasn’t dropped for me at night later than around +5 so time for bed for the both of us.