10/30 Newman PMPS (on 10/29) 276, 123 @ +5.5, 109 @ +6

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Linda and Newman, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

FrostD and Shelley & Jess like this.
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Well... I see his amps this morning wasn't bad at all... I guess if he climbs today we will know that he is bouncing. It may have helped? It will be good to see. If his body perceives that his BG dropped too quickly (regardless of whether he went into green or not) he'll bounce.

3. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Well, I guess my experiment didn't help and for all I know it hindered! Getting 340 @ +4 today after an AMPS 272.

The last test I did last night was at +6 and he was at 109, then 111. So, if I understand, his body thought that was too low and/or dropped too quickly and responds creating the bounce. I actually was liking those blue numbers last night. What went wrong? I just can't get my head around this. Did the MC food screw up the process?

4. Suzanne & Darcy

You did not mess it up. The effect of that MC food would not last for a long time (definitely not hours). Just wait. He may surprise you and come down this cycle. Don’t stress!

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

If you want to feed to avoid bounces, you'll use it to slow the drop - not prevent low numbers altogether. So in this case, it probably would have done more good earlier on in the cycle...but honestly I don't think it matters much. It wasn't a bad drop, numbers weren't all that low... he's just gotta get used to it!

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Exactly! It’s not Linda’s fault and Newman is a very bouncy cat. Also, that wasn’t a crazy steep drop.

7. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Yes, I was thinking that feeding him at +6 would even out further drop, so that a bounce was not set up. I was finally not afraid of the blue numbers I was getting, but rather, I knew I was not going to be able to stay up any longer, so I was sort of 'buying insurance'.

But from your comments, I am hearing that his system just has to adjust and I can't really influence that.

FrostD likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

Linda, you actually did a good thing by feeding him a snack at that time. And since you could not stay up, there was nothing wrong with feeding him a little higher carb for peace of mind. It may not have prevented a bounce, but it was nevertheless a good move. Loads of people on this Board would do the same thing if they could not stay up.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

P.S. you already obviously know that you can slow or stop a drop with food/intervention. But you may not always stop a bounce.