10/31 Decrease Pufi AMPS 416 +3 306 +5 286 PMPS 190

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sanda Elena, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...8-pmps-88-12-30-87-13-81.221081/#post-2468769
    Good morning everyone!
    Prayers and healing vines for Luna and Luci and also for all in need.
    We started in red:arghh: after the last night skip.
    I had tears when I decided to skip. I was tempted to give at least a small dose but he was 78 at 13:30 and we are on SLGS:arghh:. I so much wanted to do TR and maybe one day I will be brave enough to do it although leaving him alone 12 h without testing ....I am sad today because of the red start, SLGS and the cold rainy day .

2. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

And again I feel like I don't know anything about him . The bounces were flat cycles with high numbers who lasted 1,2 or up to 6 cycles in the begining. And now....he dops 110 in 3 h after a skip and a reduction. :eek:. Of course at +3 I ' ve retested.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't be discouraged that you had to skip. You have to keep him safe. He will come back down. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sanda Elena likes this.
  4. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

And we are in yellow +5 :cat:. Cats and their unpredictable behaviour. Just when you think you know the pattern they changes the rules:rolleyes:. I have an appointment for a haircut so I will let him be until PMPS. I know for sure that makes him happy.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

And look at that nice finish to the day! Please get another test or three tonight! He's telling you now this evening that he's working that dose and he may very well go down further this evening.

Also, try not to get too worked up when you get a high number at the AM or the PM pre shot - those numbers are typically the highest of the day. The Lantus works at an optimal level towards the middle of each cycle; so every time you give the shot Pufi has some extra help and may slide down further and then back up toward the end of the cycle...sometimes we miss a shot...it's not the end of the world or even the cause of one high number the next day. Just move on to the next one - every 12 hours you get 'another chance'....forgive and forget...and onward to the next day...and night.

Have a good evening Sanda!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Often the cycle or two after a skip can show more action. Good suggestion to get a test or two in tonight.