10/5 Jen's Oreo PMPS~196, +3~121 - sorry for the ramble

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jen and Oreo (GA), Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

I give up. I have no idea what is going on with my girl. 3 years diabetic, 2 different insulins...everytime I think I know what is going on...she throws me for a loop.

She's been in red or pink fairly regularly, no outward signs that she's been that high. Spot checks are blue or green. The one low green I lowered her dose.

She has decided she would rather pee on the carpet instead of the lb. Right after I clean it she will use the lb, and she will poo in it, but she has decided to pee outside of the lb. The "pee towels" have come back out.

I know what should be done for her, but I also know that life gets in the way and I can't always do what should be done for her. I'm doing the best I can to take care of her right now.

I feel like I have let her down. Being one of the old-timers, I feel like she should be off the insulin by now, but I have let her down. But, maybe she is one of the ones who will never go OTJ. Oh, how I wanted to prove the vets wrong...I wanted her to go OTJ... I fear it may not be. I'm ok with that, I just want her to be in more normal numbers.

I'm not going to say I will try to post more often, my life is too crazy for me to do that. I don't have a computer off of the network at tbp to post/read during the day. I don't want to spend all night on the computer after I get home and make DH crazy. He is pretty good about it, but if I'm on all the time, he will get upset. I will post when I can and update her SS when I can. There are so few left in LL that I remember from when we joined...I feel a little lost here now. I can't be on everyday and reading all of the condos, so it's a bit like being a stranger again :smile:

I even tried Jojo's trick of blurring my eyes when I look at her SS to try to see a pattern...but I don't see a distinct pattern.

I warned you this was a ramble!! I welcome any thoughts anyone has after looking at her SS. I still think she may be too high in her dose...but life has blurred my vision of the FD dance :smile:

Thank you for listening to my rambles. For looking at my girl's SS. For being there for me when I need someone to "talk" to :mrgreen: (((Lantus Landers))) thank you. There is a lot going on for me lately and this is not something I have been able to devote a significant amount of time to. Other than to test her, feed her and adjust her dose when the number drops way too low.

Ok, time for her night time feeding. I'll post the update after she eats.

Thank you for listening. (((LL)))

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Jen:

I read your note and Oreo's SS last night. In spite of a fair amount of thought, all I can come up with is that you need more spot checks to tell you what's going on.

3. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

Hi Jen. I remember you :D . Jesse made it OTJ but now he's back and we're have a tough time of it so I understand your frustration!

I do have one suggestion - a lot of cats prefer to pee in one lb and poo in the other. Do you just have the one? If so, get another one and see what happens.

Hugs

ETA: I realized you have civvie kitties too, so I assume you don't have just one lb ;-) I have too many cats to do this, but the rule of thumb is the one more lb than the number of cats.

4. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. boy, we all have those days don't we? The days where we feel like giving up but knowing we won't .. It sure can be frustrating .. You know we have all been there, you know what you need to do, so I won't go on about that .. I could never see a pattern with mocha's SS .. I still can't do this day :lol: Just know you guys are always welcomed here, and should never feel like a stranger .. :YMHUG:

5. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

You've done a sterile urine draw by needle and had it cultured? For my dog's the vet thinks its okay to just "look for bacteria" in the back of their offices. Not good enough. Send it out.

I like the two litterbox idea - one for each to see if it helps.

6. Mary and Stella

Mary and Stella Well-Known Member

I would become obsessive for 1 week. Get mini curves, full curves, every hour... you really have no idea what is going on with your baby without a lot of checks. I know you know that, maybe you just need a newbie to push you back into the game... xoxo I have only been doing this 3 months and I wish it was over, so I can only imagine. Please hang in there...you are doing Great! You are still dancing the dance....

7. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Hi Jen,

I'm at tbp and unable to see Oreos ss due to firewall. I'llhave a good look when I get home.

LL has evolved and changed since the days we first arrived here; lot's more kitties! I was away about 1.5 yrs. and upon returning felt like a stranger in a strange land for a while.

Don't be hard on yourself. Don't feel bad about not being able to hang out in LL. Hangin out and visiting takek time - that's a luxury many don't have. Post when you can.

Regarding Oreo peeing outside the box, has that happened before?

8. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Hi Jen, it is a bit of a ramble and good for you! It's good to vent your feelings. I feel that frustration too, sometimes it just seems like too much. So we all do what we can and appreciate our kitties as much as we can, even when their lb habits are not what we would like. We had/have the same problem with Zener. I bought a big roll of plastic at the hardware store and we put a litter box over a big piece of plastic where he likes to pee on the carpet. At least the plastic is easier to clean. :smile:
    Liz

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hey Jen:

Just sending you hugs. We don't have to have you here every day for you to be part of this family and you don't have to visit condos!! We care about the two of you.....so do what you can and if you only can come here when you have a question, it's really ok.....that's what it's about.

I'm with Sienne......there are two people really good at looking at "invisible" numbers.....(the numbers you don't see in between the ones you do ) and that is Jill and Libby. But I'm not even sure they could tell you much without more data. I know you are busy, work, have a life.....but it's hard to put patterns together and decide if she has too much insulin or too little without knowing what the middle of the cycles look like.

We're your family...we're here for you whenever you can come.

10. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

tonight looks like a good time for some spot checks. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.