10/9 Tinker AMPS 135 (NS) +3 95 +7 126 PMPS 136 ..???

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tinker's Mom, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi there . While Tinker is looking good, I don’t think he’s ready to be off the insulin yet. We want to see their cycles under 100 for 1 week before we start an OTJ trial. Also , typically we go from .25unit. to 0.1 before removing the insulin.

If he were my kitty , I think I would start back at .25 unit and see if that keeps him in under 100.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Tinker's Mom likes this.
  3. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

95 at plus 3!

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  5. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

Could use some advice for whether to shoot tonight and if so how much if he is at about 150 ish. I am confused about the rules for SLGS...

6. Sue and Luci

How close are you to PMPS? It looks like Tinker may be on the rise since the last number I see on the SS is 126 at 7+. It's safe to shoot your regular dose at PMPS if you're able to get a couple of tests after to see which way she's headed. One rule that I always follow, if the numbers are trending down, I set an alarm and get up again in an hour or so to see if Luci is still headed down. You can slow the drop with medium carb food. You've skipped so many shots, perhaps you should go down to .5 just to see if you can level things off. The last was .9...are you measuring with calipers for these fine doses?

7. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

I am not measuring with a caliper, just trying my best to estimate. He was just at 136. I think am going to give him 0.5, but is it unsafe to do that if I can't wake up to test him past +2?

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you able to set the alarm and test at say +5 or +6? That is what most of us do... set the alarm.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

If I wake up I will never get back to sleep :(

10. Sue and Luci

I used to be the same way...until...after enough of those late night alarms...believe it or not I was so exhausted I'd fall right back to sleep...

Ah, the life of a FD bean.:rolleyes:

You may want to purchase some calipers for those fine doses...it's really difficult to 'eyeball' them and get them consistent. If the dose isn't consistent the numbers will be wonky...you can order the online or go to Harbor Freight. Really inexpensive and there's help here on how to use them. These are the ones I bought: https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-...rs-micrometer/4-in-digital-caliper-63710.html

Dosing with Calipers - http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/dosing-with-calipers-updated-w-videos.79851/

Couldn't live without them now :)

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  11. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

I looked at the page about calipers last week and it looked really overwhelming... I will revisit it :)

12. Sue and Luci

I felt the same way...you can post a '?' about using calipers in your condo when you want to look into them, or once you get them...I was actually using mine incorrectly. @Marje and Gracie helped a lot...you can tag her for help. :)

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’m happy to help you at any time. It’s easier than it looks.

Thank you, Sue. :bighug:

Sue and Luci and Tinker's Mom like this.