11/05Pufi AMPS 79+13 76 skip +15 107+17 178 +18 256 PMPS 350 ketone negative

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sanda Elena, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...8-pmps-88-12-30-87-13-81.221081/#post-2468769
    Hello!
    I had two intense days . On 11/03 in the morning Pufi was fine, ate well . We went to see a movie at noon ( Maleficent) and wen we came back around + 6 we found him very sick. He vomited, had a soft stool and refused to eat even dry food wich of course he loves. Gave him SEB but he still refused all types of food. I cannot serynge feed him, he struggles so I went to pharmacy and get Osetron ( ondasetron). Gave about 1 mg which was a hard think to do but did it anyway and half an hour later he ate some Purina dm dry. Gave his insuline since he was in pink, tested for ketones ( negative) and prayed . 1 hour and a half later vomited again. I was terrified , only thinking of DKA so I watched him until 2 am. Finnaly he ate and kept the food so I went to bed. Ate well over the rest of the night and in the morning was very active and normal. I had to leave to work and of course I had to stay late cause my coleague had to go to a funeral. Asked my husband to give insuline but he doesn't test so I grabed a +1 , in the yellow range. Then before going to bed he was blue , had a big drop. So....I had to test frequently, set my alarm every hour and slept between tests. I am now happy and exausted. Had to skip the AM dose , he is under 90 and didn't rise on his on. Even I am glad he earn a reduction I am upset for not shooting this morning.

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Poor Pufi, glad he seems to be feeling better.
    Do you think you can test for ketones again, he's probably OK but just with him being unwell just yesterday, and you having to skip, perhaps try and test again today.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

And if you can not on the SS that you tested and the result that's great. Thank you

4. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Good ideea! Thanks!

5. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

+15 107

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Pufi is doing better. I hope he is over whatever it was. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sanda Elena likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

No e to hear Pufi is doing better
    Have a great day

Sanda Elena likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a time you had with Pufi! It sounds like he coming around now. :)

If Pufi had a DKA in the past, can you add that to your signature since advice given would be different with a DKA kitty.

Sanda Elena likes this.
  9. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I hope Pufi is over whatever was bothering his tummy and he keeps eating. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Have a great day Laura!

Sanda Elena likes this.
  10. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

He has no history of DKA, I was just affraid because he refused to eat even junk food and was thinking that if he continues to act like that DKA can became an issue