11/1 Bama Kitty BG 109 +.5 107 +1 128 +2 128 +4 217 +9 481; PMPS 422 +2 446

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bama Kitty Mom (GA), Nov 1, 2021.

1. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: 10/31 Bama Kitty AMPS 390 +2.25 361 +9 350; PMPS 278 +2 209 +4 152 +5.5 140 +7 140

@Bandit's Mom @Bron and Sheba (GA) @Wendy&Neko @tiffmaxee

Recently I shot a 162 but that was on 6.5u. Just increased to 7u yesterday and would not like to trigger a reduction just yet. I am home to monitor, have MC & HC, syrups, and plenty of supplies. I am thinking I will shoot 7u if he rises to 150. Otherwise, I will shoot a partial dose. I don't want to skip entirely. What would be a partial dose to shoot? 5u? Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!

2. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

128, 122 after 20 minutes, 109 after another 15. Feeding medium carb but need to shoot token dose but what?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one was around to help. Did you shoot? If you can be off schedule you can still shoot since you can monitor. If you want to try a token dose you can try 6 units, but the depot will still be in play from the 7 units. I can't stay on to help, but I can check back later. If you shoot, make sure you get a +1 and a+2.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  4. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Started feeding @ 109 at what would have been shot time. Since last cycle still seems active, decided not to shoot but will continue to monitor. Bama was very hungry. Started with couple teaspoons of MC gravy left from last week but it had been watered down as he does not tend to eat the flakes or chunks of meat and I had tried blending it in Magic Bullet but added too much water. Opened can of LC [10 carb per online calc] and fed approximately 1/2 can with the MC gravy/water mixture until he stopped asking for food.

5. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Thanks Carla, I decided not to shoot since last cycle + depot still seems active.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Gina, sorry I missed this. I know you've never shot this low, but since you can monitor, you can shoot any number over 90 with SLGS. Sometimes when stalling, numbers continue to drop without food. 128 was a safe number to shoot.

We only ask people who are new to FD and don't have enough data and/or cannot monitor, to stall for numbers below 150.

7. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Thanks Bhooma. Trying to grow those nerves of steel and maybe shoot lower next time. If I had thought, I could have shot an hour later since here in the U.S. we are due next weekend for our time change nonsense. I could have kept the new schedule and not adjusted next weekend. Oh well, I could still have such an opportunity later in the week if he gets to the low blues again near shot time. :)

8. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Having all day to mull this over and live the results of my actions or lack thereof, I believe if a similar situation were to present itself again, I would stall, and even if numbers are lower, I would shoot a token dose unless his number dropped below 90. Some insulin is better than no insulin. I made the decision not to shoot because his numbers were dropping even at the end of the cycle with no food. Had they been rising, I would have felt more comfortable shooting. Now we have lost a little time and must wait for the depot to refill.

The insulin duration appears to be good and this morning he may have had some carryover from the previous cycle for the first hour or so. All in all, I feel good about my decision to change to a glargine insulin over his previous Novolin. We are about to complete a full two months, and a second pen of Semglee.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Think of it as an experiment and data gathering. Don't beat yourself up about it. :bighug: My Neko used to quite often nadir at PS time so I had to learn to shoot lower numbers. It's much easier to do when you have data. Bonus, you get a good sleep tonight. Take it while you can. Speaking of sleep, I am on the west coast and was sound asleep when you tagged me.

10. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Yes and I appreciate your weighing in even after I made my decision. I think data and analysis are good, not to be overly critical of one's decisions but to make a reflection point and something to remember when one is in the heat of a decision moment later. Think I'm going to make this statement one to repeat: some insulin is better than no insulin.