? 11/12 Mouse PMPS 202, +2 122, +3 109

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Polgeria, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

Previous thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-10-mouse-amps-246-bouncing-need-dosing-help.238361/

On further reflection I upped her dose to .75 today, since her step down off the pred is going to take until January. I figured I can work her insulin back down as needed as well.

Since her numbers didn't seem to change at all with moving to a single dose of the pred once a day, it seemed like a reasonable decision.

@Wendy&Neko, since I know you've gone through this, I'm tagging you for your 2 cents, but I'm open to any help here.

Her numbers today are the highest I've seen since she got out of the emergency room, and I'm hoping this isn't starting a negative trend.

Upside to the lower dose of the pred: her appetite seems to be more normal, though, she's acting hungry, but not finishing any meals at meal time, she'd rather pick at it throughout the day.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That’s quite a drop. Yiu will need to monitor very closely. Start with a +3 and feed some mc.

3. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

I was about to ask why you'd want me to feed her carbs, and then I looked at the numbers again, and realized she dropped 100 points....that didn't even occur to me. I'm a bit frazzled right now due to passing kidney stones.

I'll monitor closely, but the drop is likely due to the prednisolone coming out of her system.

4. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

Had a typo in the +2, it should have been 122, not 102. I have fixed that.

5. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

BG 111 after MC foods

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was concerned about the big drop from preshot to +2 and wanted to slow things down a little.

7. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Looks like it was just a little new dose wonkiness this morning. I’m hoping you got something after the +3 tonight, even without the typo that was still a decent drop to +2 which can indicate an active cycle. Was the 111 you mention a typo too? I don’t see it in Mouse’s spreadsheet.

Sorry about the kidney stones - ouch!

8. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

It wasn't a typo, but I was already in bed on pain meds (I have a lot of stones bouncing around right now) when I got that BG. They were starting to kick in. That was her +4 along with the MC number.
    I had asked my husband to get another test in last night an hour later, but it doesn't look like he did it.