11/13- GIDEON BLUE- AMPS=96, +2=78, +3=120,+7=169, +10=169, PMPS=120, +1.5=64, +2=61, +2.5=58

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Vyktors Mum and thebigfuzz like this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s so exciting to see your once bouncy kitty hold reductions and race down the dosing scale! All the feeding to prevent reductions has gotten him used to normal numbers. Well done!:D

Shiloh567 likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. Gideon is looking good.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

So, tonight and tomorrow night, husband is in charge. With Gideon's BG=120 at PMPS, he needs to feed LC food, but monitor closely. If Gideon drops below 100, he will receive MC food, because it is night time, and husband must sleep. Son will test at +4, and husband will test at +6 and +9. Before I go to work, I will get a +2.
    We have been doing glucose checks for almost 6 months, but we are now seeing some improvement. Patience is really needed, and thankfully we are working from home at the present time. I know I have said that before, but there is no way we could do this without working from home. It is like a full-time job!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  5. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

At +1.5 Gideon Blue is 64!!!!!! So, I guess he will get another decrease in the AM to 1.25 units BID. If he is lower than 68 at AMPS, I will hold his insulin. He currently is eating a TBSP if 16% carb, because I am going to work and can't chance him going lower.

6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

What a little stinker, up you go Gideon Blue, can you or someone at home get additional tests if you need to leave? It's very early in the cycle...

7. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

My husband will. It is VERY early in the cycle. I am going to get another in 15 mins, then I leave. He ate the TBSP if 16%. Husband will test 1 hr. from now, or earlier based on what my test is. Son will test an hour after that. Gideon is fairly carb sensitive, so he should go up a bit from the 16%. He will be monitored, but both husband and son need to sleep. I am leaving out 9% carb, but if necessary, husband will leave out MC food.
    Is this unusual for a kitty to keep getting decreases so quickly?

8. Christie & Maverick

Sometimes things just click. I'm glad someone will keep checking, but if ever in doubt and the numbers don't come up safely with the carbs being used, and you can't continue because you need sleep, then I'd suggest trying to abort the cycle and leave ample high carb food out for him if your son or husband can no longer test, and the number is still close to 68.

9. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

He is now 61. Husband is giving 1 TBSP of 20% carb food and will retest in 20 mins.

10. Christie & Maverick

Ok, good plan. He's not moved much from 64 but at least he's not dropping.

11. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Gideon now is 58, so husband is giving h a TBSP of 25% carb food. I am SO stressed! I am going into work in 10 mins. I so wish I was home. The only good thing is it is Friday. Husband doesn't work tomorrow. Don also doesn't go to work until 2:30p tomorrow so, he will be awake playing video games and hopefully will test a couple times. I am very concerned with giving him insulin tomorrow. Thank you for your support.

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He's got nothing left to prove. How about a dab of karo or honey on that HC.