11/13 Moonie very sick Prayers Needed

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roni and Moonie, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Sitting in this motel thinking what else & sure enough--
    Moonie woke up about 4 and was throwing up water & some dark stuff _I thought it was the dirty carpeting here , but then she had a terrible diarrhea also dark..She threw up water again but it was basically clear..
    We are waiting to take her to an ER vet, where the vet that put her on lantus works from--She is the only one I know in any ER;s here..But she has had contact with Moonie.
    Going to our reg. vet would only mean her staying & not getting all tests this probably needs for a few days..
    I cannot be without her,,,I am despondent right now & we are all so stressed out-- WE never went out yesterday just made phone calls & all that..WE are stressed to the MAX and now.....
    Please Pray for us this is more than a heart can Bare...I am just beside myself!!
    She is just laying in her hidey Hole now..I am praying she will be alright..If there is a compassionate God, I Really need him now.

2. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that Moonie is not feeling well... Zeus and I are both sending our prayers, (((hugs))), healing vines, and well wishes. I do hope it is nothing too serious :!:

Feel better soon Moonie. Hugs to you and your beans... I know they could use some good news at the Vettybeans, ok?

Kathie

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Roni I'm so sorry to hear Moonie is sick. I am praying she will be okay and the ER vet will be able to help her quickly. I know you don't need this extra stress with everything else you are dealing with. I'm praying for you and Brad too.

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Praying for a good vet visit, sending feel better real soon vines to Moonie, and hugs to you.

5. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Ronnie, i'm starting a rosary right now. sending prayers for you and brad and moonie
    hold Moonie in the white healing light.
    much love and many prayers coming at you.
    mary oliver and mark

6. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

((Moonie)) feel better soon you are worrying your bean! Prayers and healing vines for Moonie. Hoping the er visit goes well. Please keep us up to date. Hugs to you Roni!

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Oh Roni, I am so sorry Moonie is sick. Many, many prayers for all of you...I have to work today, but I'll be frequently checking for updates. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

8. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Roni and Moonie))))
    My heart just sank when I read your post. You have been through so much.
    I am praying right now for answers to Moonie's illness and for healing. Praying for God to hold you, comfort you, and to keep your dear Moonie free from all harm. Big hugs.

9. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Roni, Moonie & DH))) I am so sorry to hear Moonie is sick.. I am so glad you will see one of the Vets that knows Moonie. Praying my hardest and healing vines for Moonie. Can you think of anything different she's eaten, like a new flavor FF that may have caused some upset. Moonie is so special I just pray it's something treatable. I'll be checking thru the day. Hugs and love to you from me and Maggie.

10. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Oh Roni, I am so sorry that Moonie is sick. I hope that this is something very mild and short and Moonie will feel better quickly. You have been through so much and have a lot to face ahead of you already. I'm glad you know one of the ER vets and that Moonie will get the tests she needs.

I am sending you lots of hugs and healing vines. ((((Roni and Moonie))))
    All my best to you and Brad.

11. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Oh Roni! ((((HUGS)))) I am so sorry Moonie is not feeling well. We are sending all the healing vines we can find and lots and lots of hugs and love your way. Keep us posted. I know you have had such a rough time and my heart breaks for you. Please know that you are all in my prayers every minute until you are back home.

12. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Oh, Gosh, Roni.....I'm sorry...such a bad bout of yuckieness for you guys. Will say loads of prayers for Moonie and you guys....and good vettie visit too!

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((Roni, Brad, MOONIE)))))))

Hoping to hear from you as soon as you know what is going on with your girl. I feel your stress. Rusty and Edward and I are sending all our prayers, white light, healing vines, etc. today. And lots of love and hugs,

Ella & Edward and Rusty

14. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Good morning Roni. I read about your need to take Moonie to the ER on Ella's condo. I just wanted to tell you that we are keeping you, your family and Moonie in our thoughts and prayers. Praying that you will be able to get out of the hotel soon and that Moonies visit to the ER will determine the problem and can be treated easily. Take care and keep your faith.

15. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to see this, and hoping very hard that it's something she ate and she'll have a quick recovery.

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am sorry Roni - I hope all is well with Moonie, that it is nothing serious. Good vetty vines for Moonie, hugs to all there. You guys hang in there.

17. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending many prayers today for you and Moonie.
    I hope it turns out to be something easily corrected.
    Hugs to you... I know this is going to be a rough day.

18. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

((((Roni)))) Healing vines to Moonie. I know how upsetting this is for you and Brad. Sending healing energy to all of you.
    Liz

19. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Roni, I'm so very sorry to hear that moonie is sick .. You are right, you don't need to deal with this on top of everything else .. I will keep you guys in my prayers that the ER vet will be able to figure out what is going on, and get moonie back to 100%!!!!

20. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Healing and vetty vines to Moonie and big hugs to you, Roni! :YMHUG: . I'm wondering if she's having a reaction to cleaning agents or something in the Motel? I hope the vet can help her quickly. When it rains, it pours...keep us posted!

21. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Roni))) I am keeping Moonie in my prayers and sending healing vines.

22. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Lots of us on knees here for all of you.

BIG HUGE HUG too,

23. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Roni, Brad and Moonie. My most fervent prayers are going out, for Miss Moonie, I pray that she will be diagnosed quickly, and that the problem is easily cured.
    I pray for your peace of mind. ((((Roni)))), you have been thru so much...I'm so sorry.
    I know that your faith is strong. You will find the strength to endure. HE loves you!
    So do we!

24. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Oh Roni! Sending miles and miles of vines and flooding the ER with White Light for a speedy recovery for Moonie! We are all praying along w/ you.

25. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Roni))) Just sending you all the prayers, white light, healing vines, snowflakes....whatever it takes to get your Moonie girl better. Please keep us posted. We are thinking of you all.

26. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Oh Roni! I'm so sorry to hear about Moonie being sick! This was just what you didn't need on top of everything else! You must be going crazy. Please let us know what happens at the ER/Vet. I hope you don't have to wait too long to go. I'd feel better if you went right away and I know you would too.

I hope it turns out not to be something serious. I'll be sending you all the healing wishes I can for sweet Moonie. I hope the vomiting and diarrhea stopped now. Please let us know what happens at the ER.

Love, hugs and best & strongest wishes for Moonie,
    Melanie & Racci

27. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Roni))) Sending tons of healing vines and white light, snowflakes, any and everything else I can think of for you, Brad, and Moonie. You are all in our thoughts.

28. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Already in my prayers, but I'm adding an additional devotion to St. Jude for Moonie now.

*hugs*
    MJ

29. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Roni adding my prayers to all the others. God bless you guys.
    jeanne

30. Dear Roni, adding my prayers and healing vines to the rest of the group.

God bless, and I hope you get 'good' news...... Please let us know.

My heart is with you.

31. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

I just received a call from Roni. Vet says Moonie has either Mast cell CA or Lymphoma. She said she had a year at the most if it is Lymphoma. She also said she has some swollen glands and a few other lesions. They are doing a needle biopsy now. Roni is going to call back when she know more. I told her to try and keep a stiff upper lip. Moonie does not need to feel her stress. Sending all sorts of white light, prayers, healing vines, etc.

32. Deb & Spot

Damn it...it just isn't fair!!!! Going to say some very needed prayers and sending so many white lights and healing vines and crossed fingers and toes and eyes......and hugs..yes, hugs, can't forget the hugs....((((((((((((((Roni))))))))))))))))))

33. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh sweet Jesus please send a miracle...

34. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

oh no.... I will hope for the best for Moonie. I am with Deb - this just isn't fair. Sending all the healing vines I can muster.

35. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

How can this be?? Prayers, prayers, prayers!!!

36. MJ+Donovan

WTF... :cry:

37. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

There are 2 types of mast cell tumors. One is BENIGN. Hopefully that is what they are. They are fairly common in cats with skin tumors or intestinal tumors. Lets all keep positive and hope that they are the non-malignant type. Roni is going to call me later with an update.

38. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I just talked to Roni. I didn't know what to say. I hope and pray that the diagnosis will be the kinder of the possibilities and that Roni and Brad will have a lot of quality time with their precious Moonie.

I am so sad that this is happening. Roni & Brad: Be strong. Moonie needs you to be strong for her.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

We love you,

Ella & Edward and Rusty

39. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Please God, let it be benign.

40. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Many prayers continue to flow here....

41. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

So truly unfair! Praying for the best possible dx and

[​IMG]

42. Sandy96

Sandy96 Member

Roni,
    I am sorry to hear Moonie isnt feeling good and about the potential diagnosis. I will keep you and your family and esp Moonie in my heart and all my wishes will go to giving you guys as much time together happily as possible. cat_pet_icon

43. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

We have all seen the miracles our LL prayer circle can bring. We need one now for Moonie. Hugs (((Roni)))

44. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

(((Roni, Brad & Moonie)))
    I know you are dealing with so much stress from everything....

you three are in my thoughts and prayers as i texted you this morning.....

FWIW.......stats are just that...stats.....MOONIE is MOONIE.....and she will prove everyone she IS a fighter no matter what!!!!

45. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers prayers & more prayers!!!! Healing vines being sent your way!!! (((Roni)))

46. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Roni )))

My heart aches for your family and all you've been through.
    Adding my prayers for Moonie.

47. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

I am at a loss for words. I know that gut wrenching pain all too well.
    hugs and prayers

48. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Roni))) This is so sad, given all that you have been through so far. We are sending massive healing vines and heaps of healing light that this is something benign and easily treatable. I want to read about Moonie jumping around the room again like she was just a short while ago. Get well soon pretty girl cat!

49. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, how can this be happening! Thanks for the update Barb.
    (((Roni & Moonie & DH) sending tons of healing vines and prayers for sweet Moonie. I hope and pray it is benign. Hugs and love to you, Roni.

50. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending you all lots of love, Roni... a big warm hug here from chilly midwest, along with feverent prayers, snowflakes, vines... the works. Scritches for sweet Moonie too.

51. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Lots of prayers from me and Alex. hugs to you

xoxo

52. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines for Moonie... poor baby!

53. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

(((Roni and DH and Moonie))))

So many prayers - this is just not fair!!!! Be strong for Moonie and give scritches and love from all of us, we are thinking of you and praying for you! Moonie needs you to be strong and give lots of love as you go through this, and please try to think positive that it is benign and many vines and hugs from us to you.
    Lisa & Leo

54. (((Roni, Brad and Moonie)))

None of this is fair, none of it! Sending positive thoughts your way that this is benign. Try to stay strong, Moonie needs you to be strong now!!!

Praying for all of you.

55. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((Roni))))))))) sending you lots of support prayers and white light for (((((Moonie)))))))))))))

56. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Roni I'm hoping and praying the test results will be benign. I hope Moonie is feeling a little better now. Sending hugs and prayers to you and Moonie.

57. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Roni)))))) ((((((Moonie)))))

[​IMG]

58. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

Sending white light and prayers for Moonie (and let them gain momentum and become stronger as they travel across the U.S.!)

59. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I spoke with Roni this afternoon about today's vet visit. It cost $1,144 and DCIN has collected $865 through the chip-in (before fees were taken out). I will be sending Roni a check for what DCIN has collected, made payable to her credit card.

I had said that additional donations weren't needed, because at the time I thought we were dealing with a healthy diabetic, HyperT cat. Things have now changed. If anyone else would like to donate for Moonie's care, the chip-in is still open at http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/2012/11/roni-and-moonie.html. It would be nice to be able to cover not only today's costs, but also at least some of the care that will be needed going forward.

Thanks, all.

60. Leslie and Jasper

Leslie and Jasper Well-Known Member

Oh no Moonie! This is so unfair after going through so much :cry: . Tons of positive vines for Moonie for diagnosis of benign, and loads of hugs and strength and calming vines for Roni and Brad.

61. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

sending all our best for Moonie and hoping for the best possible news. :YMHUG:

62. tpr

tpr Well-Known Member

(((((Roni))))) & ((((Moonie))))

I'm so sorry to hear that Moonie is not feeling well and has had to go to the ER. Ella and I are praying for a speedy recovery and sending truckloads of healing vines. Thinking positively for your baby:)

Love, Tamara & Ella

63. Deb & Spot

In regards to the chip in - who ever does the chip in through DCIN for Roni and Moonie will also get their name on a ticket that will be going into the Mystery Basket. Thanks in advance for helping a valued member of our board and our family!

64. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

(((((((Roni, Brad, Moonie)))))))

Sending good healing vines for Moonie cat_pet_icon and lots of prayers for you all... :YMHUG:

[​IMG]

65. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Roni))) (((Moonie))) I know that this is so traumatic for you, especially after all that you have just been through. I don't know exactly what to say about the preliminary diagnosis - I am sure that the vet will have more info for you after further testing. Please remember, though, that the vet's prognosis is not written in stone. There is always hope, especially when the caregiver is as dedicated as you are. I don't know what sort of lymphoma (if that is what it turns out to be) the vet is describing, but Teddy had intestinal lymphoma. They estimated less than a year for him, and he was still going strong 8 years later. The only advice I can give you right now is to just wait, gather the facts, and take everything one step at a time. Get the diagnosis, and then start to look into what the next steps are. The important thing right now is to get Moonie stabilized, gather the info, and get her feeling better. There are meds that will likely help her come through this crisis and get back on her feet, while you have a chance to find out what all of your options are.

You, Brad, and Moonie are in my prayers. You have already proven that you can withstand anything the world has to throw at you. I know that Moonie is strong as well, and she has the power of Lantus Land behind her.

66. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

((((((((((((Roni)))))))))))), I'm so sorry that I am just seeing this tonight. I've been thinking about you and praying for you since that disaster of a storm.

I'm so sorry that Moonie is so sick. You did not need this and I pray that Moonie is able to get better and be with you for a very long time!

67. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

((((((((Roni, Brad & Moonie))))))))

I am so sorry to hear that Moonie is having these issues on top of all the other stress & trauma you are dealing with right now. I am hoping & praying for the best outcome (benign) and that Moonie heals quickly & completely, and that the three of you get a normal life back just as quick as can be. I know too well how awful it is when one thing piles up on top of another and another and another and...well, it's tough. I am so sorry you are having to deal with all you are having to deal with right now and please just know that my prayers and support and Good Karma Wishes are continually being sent your way, wrapped in healing vines.

Desi

68. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Praying do hard for you here. ((((Roni)))) ((((Moonie)))) ((((Brad))))

69. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((Roni))))))))))))(((((((((((((((Brad))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((Moonie))))))))))))

I can't stop crying thinking of what you have been going through these past few weeks and now Moonie
    getting sick.
    I am so sorry that this is happening to such wonderful people.
    I am praying for all of you. You have endured so much and now this.
    Moonie is so special to everyone here and you know the special place she has in my heart. Same goes for you Roni.
    Many many hugs and healing prayers to keep you all safe.

70. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

(((Roni))) -

I wish there was something I could say or do that would make Moonie all better.

Lots of HUGS and PRAYERS -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

71. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Sending you big hugs. Don't focus on the diagnosis or the time. Vets do not have crystal balls - you see that enough here with the inspirational kitties and beans. You never know how much time you have. You do what you can, and treasure every day.

72. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

I am just seeing this and am so sorry - my heart goes out to you and I'm sending so many healing prayers and thoughts - you've been through so much and have so much stress right now - it doesn't seem fair.

Please know that many hugs and healing prayers and vibes are headed your way - hoping that your baby Moonie will be able to beat this and get better.

Hugs,

Emmy & Dude (in spirit) & Mittsi too

73. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Roni, Brad, and Moonie)))) This is not what we wanted to hear but we will pray that it is benign and not lymphoma or anything else. Even though lymphoma is very treatable and cats tolerate the treatment well, Moonie has been through so much lately...poor baby...hyperT, displacement from her home, and now this. We are sending many many prayers that you will receive only GOOD news. We are here for you....every one of us and the miracle of LL prayers is there for you.

[​IMG]

74. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

I was so hoping for better news on the update. I hope the next update will be better. Don't give up hope, Roni. With the love and care Moonie will get from you even if it is lymphona, she could fight it for years and it could turn out to be benign after all. Please think positively.

I'll be waiting for the next update, sending my best wishes the wholle time.

Hugs & love,
    Melanie & Racci

75. emchic

emchic Member

Hi, I'm new here and I was browsing the Lantus board when I saw your post. I'm so so sorry. You and Moonie will be in my thoughts and prayers.

76. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

Sheri & Spyder (GA) Member

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:
    cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

an abundance of (((HUGS))), prayers, and luv

77. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Roni, just now seeing this. Sending prayers and white light. (((Hugs)))

78. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Roni, Brad, and Moonie)))))
    This just isn't fair... and on top of everything else! I'm so sorry you're going through this, but am sending positive thoughts, prayers, white light, and healing vines.

Take care and know we're all thinking of you...

79. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Awww...Roni, our kitties will get sick when they are stressed. All kinds of funny & serious symptoms will appear. I hope Moonie gets better soon. Pls spend more time with her so that she'll feel safe & know her beans are there for her. I know it's difficult, but dont worry too much.
    My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

80. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who have made continued contributions for Moonie's care. I just sent Roni a check to cover all of yesterday's vet bill. She cried in gratitude when I told her how much her LL friends are doing for Moonie.

81. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG] more healing vines and snowflakes being sent this morning (((((Roni)))))

82. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Moonie + Roni + Brad))) Senidng healing vines to Moonie and hugs to you all...praying that this will be just a bump in the road with manageable issues for you all. Thinking of what Linda/Bear Man said and seconding it all. She is right...take one step at a time ....
    You guys are wonderful and this is such a sad thing for you all right now. Be strong for Moonie's sake...she knows you love her and now she needs your strength to get through this.....we love you all....thinking of you and praying like crazy for a good outcome.... :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

83. MJ+Donovan

84. Sandy96

Sandy96 Member

Any News on Roni and Moonie?

85. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

(((((Roni, Brad, and Moonie))))

I just now saw the news that Moonie is not well. What you are going thru is so traumatic for you all. I pray that the prognosis is good and that God helps you thru this most difficult time.

86. Amanda

Amanda Member

You're in my thoughts and prayers - hoping for the very best outcome for Moonie!

87. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Sending tons of healing vines and positive thoughts for Roni, and Moonie. {{{{{{{{{{MOONIE & RONI}}}}}}}}}}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.