11/14 Cosmo AMPS 160 BCS, +1 97, +1.5 92, +2 63, +2.5 70, +3 94, +4 99, +6 151, +9 153, PMPS 236

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thebigfuzz, Nov 14, 2020.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-13-cosmo-ambg-113-skip-2-191-4-290-6-344-pmps-455.238520/

Cosmo got his hair ball out last night :)

He came in at 160 this morning down from 371 at +5.5, so we gave him 1 unit today due to momentum - very similar to 11/11. He is doing great and is more active lately than he has been in years. He surprises us every time he walks to the kitchen, pushes the washroom door open or jumps onto the couch :p He seems a different cat lately :cat: Something is happening and he seems in a rapid improvement phase.

Ok, we are having trouble finding a dose that will work on both cycles. My spidey senses tell me that 2 units is too much for him, but I know he needs at least 1 unit. I need some help thinking it through today before his pm shot tonight. Advice please :bighug:

I hope all the kitties and beans have a great day! I am off this weekend...finally!!! :smuggrin:

Butters & Lyla and tiffmaxee like this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m not sure either. The higher depot is effecting his cycles. I think he will need more than 1.0. Let’s see this cycle. Something definitely has clicked !:)

thebigfuzz likes this.
  3. thebigfuzz

It certainly feels like something has clicked! Hoping to find his next good dose to keep the train moving along :cat:

Next test is in 5 mins...

4. thebigfuzz

+1 97 he is eating. We refreshed the rest of his breakfast.

5. tiffmaxee

He’s definitely clicking. So good to see him doing well. :D

thebigfuzz likes this.
  6. thebigfuzz

It feels odd to think about taking a larger reduction, but good that he is responding so well. It feels like the insulin is much more effective now.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

I think it is too. Gideon is also flying down the dosing scale.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Cosmo is feeling so good. I'm not sure about the dose, but maybe you can try 1.75 units.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  9. thebigfuzz

Cosmo seems to be going for a reduction today and is just above 90 at +1.5. I’m not sure what dose he is earning it for? The fat 2 last night? (2.25). DH calls his measurement a fat 2.

10. tiffmaxee

I’m not sure either frankly. Let’s see today’s cycle.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  11. thebigfuzz

63 at +2.

He is eating his usual +2 snack with a tsp of gravy on top.

Edit - probably 2 tsps on top. Want to make sure he bumps back above 5, if we can

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  12. tiffmaxee

Wow! What’s going on today! Something in the water? Up please!

thebigfuzz likes this.
  13. thebigfuzz

Up to 70 at +2.5 and I’m encouraging him to eat more of his normal +2 snack. He usually grazes on it till +8.

14. thebigfuzz

Good boy Cosmo :cat: 94 @+3

15. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Happy to read such a positive report on Cosmo!:bighug: Enjoy your time off. It seems like you have been working a lot lately.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  16. thebigfuzz

Aww thanks Lyla :bighug: I have been working far too much. :eek:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Before reading about your spidey senses, I had thought 2 units, which is what SLGS would say. That still means a back to back reduction. Today was a combination of depot, and you still had 3 shots at 2.5 in there, plus it looks like he was breaking a bounce which will also give you some downward momentum. If 2.0 makes you uncomfortable, how about 1.75 units?

I think he's breaking some glucose toxicity from being in high numbers for so long, then finally seeing some nice numbers. When that happens, you can see a few rapid reductions. 8 days ago he was on 3 units, he's come down a lot in a short period of time. I am also worried about him dropping too far down in dose and staying in high number again, building up that glucose toxicity again. It's a tricky balance.:bighug:

18. thebigfuzz

I keep imagining his pancreas popping all those blocks :)

In other news, Cosmo is beginning to refuse his MD wet over the last couple days on and off. I can’t blame him...he did eat a snack of gastro kibble (the usual 25 pcs) at +8.

Still blue at +9 :cool:

I think we will try some gastro wet at PMPS...it should be good for him, if his stomach is still upset.

19. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

It is funny. Djoko has eaten md wet for months but was not a fan. Eventually, he has just stopped eating and we needed to switch to something else.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  20. thebigfuzz

Sooo...we shot 1.5 tonight. I know it might be too low, but we will monitor and be ok with going back up if we need.

A bounce seems likely from his green surf earlier today. :D

21. tiffmaxee

I thought you would go with 1.5. You can always adjust up if needed.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  22. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

I'm glad Cosmo is acting like his old self. That's exciting news. Things are heading in the right direction :):bighug:
    Have a great day :)

23. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member