11/14 Mocha OTJ

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone!

Thought I would do a quick update on Mocha ... I tested her the other day and got a nice solid 63 :mrgreen: Of course, now that we are testing less, test strips tend to be wasted around here and sure enough, the strips are expired by about a month so I will buy some new ones this weekend and retest but I think were still good ;-)

This weekend we'll also be bringing out mochas boyyyyyfriend, humy, the humidifier .. She'll love that as every year when we put them away, she lays by the closet and paws at it .. what can I say, she's a romantic at heart :lol:

Not much new going on other then that .. Peter and I have been trying to sell our home on and off for the last two years, had some interested buyers at one point, but decided to buy another home in our community instead .. This past weekend we had a nice young family come in to check it out and on Monday we got the word they are trying to get approved for a loan to purchase it so if any of you out there could cross your fingers and say a prayer that they are approved it would be REALLY appreciated!! :D We aren't saying much to anyone at this point since it's still way up in the air, but you just never know!

have a great day!!

2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Devon :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Way to go Mocha! It is so nice to think that she is still OTJ, after all this time. AWESOME! I would like tn day thank you to you too for continuing to visit all the furkids here. When Mannie was still with us it was so nice to see you visit his condo everyday.

Good luck with your home sale. WOW - a potential buyer! very cool.

Have a good one Devon! Enjoy your day.

3. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi, Devon, it's so nice to hear that Mocha is doing well! :thumbup
    She'll be so thrilled to have Humy back in her life.
    Sending you guys positive house-selling thoughts!! :D :D :D

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Devon,
    Those strips are probably OK, but it's always good to have fresh ones on hand. Do you use the Walmart Relion strips? I think you can get them in smaller quantities (20 instead of 50). Anyway, Mocha looks great! And how nice for her that Humy will be coming out to make her winter fun!

Fingers and paws crossed that your potential buyers will get their financing. Do you have a place in mind to move to??

Thanks for continuing to visit Rusty and for continuing to participate in the LL forum. It is always neat to see a post from you and your support is so much appreciated by everyone here.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to hear Mocha is still doing well. How funny on Humy. :lol: I hope everything works out with the house sale. Thanks for always visiting Furball's condo.

6. PeterDevonMocha

Thanks for stopping in guys! Yes, we still use the relion micro from wal mart .. We do buy the 20 pack test strips but even those go to waste .. Like you said, they are probably ok, but for 10.00 (I think?) we'll buy new and have peace of mind :D

IF, and that's a big IF, the house sells we'd like to stay local to our town .. there's a "village" basically two roads down from us and those homes out there have a lot of nice property with them .. That is what peter is wanting, LAND! ohmygod_smile We are trying not to get our hopes up, since they've been up and busted before, but it's so hard not to! :D :D

7. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Mocha, you are such a character. :lol: :lol: :lol: And a model kitty for being at the falls. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Paws crossed for the financing...
    Liz

8. Amy & Papaya (GA)

Amy & Papaya (GA) Well-Known Member

It's lovely to see a Mocha condo! So funny with the humidifier . . . I wonder what the attraction is? Thanks for your frequent visits with encouraging thoughts to Papaya's condo. Best wishes for the house sale :D

9. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh MochaJo! Humy's comin' home! You get to purr along with him all winter long!!!

OH how WONDERFUL on the house nibble....prayers AND crossed everything!

BIG HUGS!!! I too am so glad you stay around - you're such a WONDERFUL BLESSING to us!

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

So nice to see a Mocha condo again and that she is doing so well. Paws crossed for the house sale AND for finding one in the "village." Tell Peter to be careful what he wishes for though. We got our acre and a quarter and I have never seen so many weeds in my life!!! :lol: :lol:

11. MonetsMom

MonetsMom Member

Hi Devon...it is so encouraging to read about success stories like Mochas !!!

Good luck with your home sale ... Selling a house in this economy is tough. I have been trying to sell my parents home for about 3 years now.

Continued success for Mocha :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

12. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Devon, so nice to hear how well Mocha is doing lately. You both were always an inspiration to me and Maggie (GA).
    This made me laugh, as I remember well her romance with humy. :lol:
    Paws crossed and vines that everything goes thru smoothly with the young family in buying your house.
    Hugs and scritches to you and Mocha.

13. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Way to go Mocha. So great to see the OTJ condo for her. How 'romantic' that she gets humy back. What a silly girl. Best of wishes on the sale of the house. Praying it all works out.

Karen

14. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Devon!

Congrats on how well Mocha is doing! And thanks for the encouraging visits :D
    Too funny on the humidifier? Does she sleep near it... or him :lol:

Fingers/paws crossed for this sale to go smootly through :D

15. PeterDevonMocha

:lol: So funny that you all remember mocha and her love for humy! I don't know what it is that attracts her so much to them, but boy oh boy does she ever love them!

Thank you all for the well wishes on selling our home .. We just scheduled another viewing for Saturday with a different couple sooo .. maybe it will all work out somehow!!

16. portiarita

portiarita Member

Hi Devon,
    I apologize for calling you Peter earlier. I just assumed since that was your name since that was the first name on your username. I was just visiting your condo to sneak a peak at Mocha's SS and I see that she's been OTJ for a while now. Congratulations!! Thats amazing:)) The humidifier story is soo funny!!! Thanks for sharing:)

Rita

17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I suspect she loves Humy because it means her fur has less static electricity!

Good luck with the house sale. I hope all of the pieces fall into place.

18. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Paws crossed for getting the house sold.

I don't think mine would ever make the association to like our humidifier. ;-)
    She just ignores it.

19. MelissaEbby

MelissaEbby Member

Glad Mocha is doing well! flip_cat
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. PeterDevonMocha

Rita, no worries! Peter is my husband but never really comments on here :D

I bet you are right Sienne, I bet mocha can tell a difference in the static electricity!

Thanks again everyone, for stopping by!!

21. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Hi Devon!

:lol: :lol:

Best of luck with selling the house :D Fingers are crossed and prayers sent that you get to move to the "village"! And yes, it is hard not to get ones hopes up, but it means you're a believer and life hasn't won the 'knock you down' game. So good on you for being strong of heart :D

22. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Every time I start thinking we're never gonna find the path to the falls, I think of Mocha's journey and remind myself it could still happen. Sending positive house selling vines to you guys!! LOL w/Mocha and Humy!! Cats are so funny! Thank you for all your visits - I think it's really neat you still give so much support!

23. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: A winter romance :lol: :lol: :lol: How sweet ♥♥ :lol:
    Good luck with the house and it's ok to get excited ;-)
    Thanks for visiting Hoot and I when you can. Mocha Jo gives us hope :mrgreen:
    Have a great night Devon :D

24. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Hi Devon. Congrats to Mocha for still being OTJ. Got a good chuckle from your Mocha and Humy story. :lol:

We have our fingers, toes and paws crossed here that your potential buyers get approved and buy your house. I can understand Peter wanting land. I don't like my neighbors house a few feet away from mine either.

Have a great night.

25. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Hi Devon!

How fun to see a condo from you! Congratulations on MochaJo's continued OTJ!!!!! I love the success stories!
    And thanks for staying with LL & visiting our condo - we appreciate that so much!

Good luck selling your house - it's a tough market, but things are moving, some with multiple offers. So, paws crossed for financing for all your hopeful buyers, and we'll hope for some all cash buyers, too, just to balance it out!

Love the humy story - now we'll want pics when humy officially comes out!

26. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Awwww....I love the stories of Mocha and Humy! Everyone needs someone to snuggle up to, especially in the winter! Fingers crossed that the sale goes through!!!

27. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

I just got a chuckle out of the Mocha and her boyfriend! LOVE IT! Hope you all are doing well. Sweet dreams!

28. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on Miss Mochas continued great numbers :D :D

Good luck with the sale...I hope works out :D :D

29. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Devon -

Wishing you the best of luck on selling your house. We've been close several times, but something always happened. The last one wanted me to change to green carpet throughout the house, THEN backed out. I said I would've hunted her down if I had changed to GREEN carpet, then she didn't buy it! :lol: I don't know why ours didn't sell, but we gave up. I told Doug I believe God has us here to learn something and if he'd hurry up and learn it we could move! ;-)

It's always great to hear from Mocha (and you, too, of course!) -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

30. PeterDevonMocha

Thanks everyone! I will definitely post pics of mocha and her boyfriend!

And thanks for all the prayers and crossing fingers on us selling our home .. If it happens it happens and if it doesn't .. well .. I'll cry .. :lol: But life goes on!

31. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it's nice to see that Lucy and her twin both seem to be very settled at the Falls (anti-jinx). I'm happy for Mocha that a reunion with humy is near. Lucy is in love with my fireplace, but that is a little easier to understand. :mrgreen:

32. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

That's awesome, OTJ is really great and yes test strips just hang around now don't they :D

Linda and Lucky

33. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Hi Devon!

And hi Mocha--enjoy your humidifier. Everyone needs someone to love them and the humidifier has found you!

Basil tells me he sees Mocha at the Falls from time to time and they have a nice chat about old times. He let the secret slip about the house so I knew. You might want to know that Mocha is wuite concerned that the humidifier might have to stay behind. Good luck with that buyer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.