11/14 Oberon PMPS 59 (BCS), +1 94, +2 77, +3 109, +4 111, +5 133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

Yesterday: came down from the bounce into another long green/blue surf :cool::D:cool:https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...8-4-159-5-119-6-85-6-5-78-7-71-7-5-72.238505/

Oberons's been surfing in the blues and high greens since about midnight; we're feeding 15% now (ran out of 12%). Earned a reduction right at AMPS by finally going just barely below 70, so he just got 8.75 U. I'm heading back to bed again for a bit, but DH will continue to test and feed and update the SS.

JaxBenji likes this.
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Awesome :bighug: Congrats on the reduction! And all without R, right? So neat to watch the breakthroughs. Sorry about the sleep side though :bighug:

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. I hope Oberon keeps surfing safely.

5. Lisa & Oberon

He's been surfing around 100 (give or take) all day so far and getting a bit of MC each time we test. Cutting back on the food and testing (every hour instead of every 30 min) now to see what happens.

6. Lisa & Oberon

Didn't feed for about 2 hours and he dropped to 73. So the food was propping him up earlier. He just got another tsp of 15%.

So here's a question: he just earned a reduction at AMPS. But the old depot is still in play. If he drops below 70 again during this cycle does he get another reduction, or do I hold the dose until I see what the new dose really does?

7. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Usually you’d want to try and hold the dose but with a higher dose and IAA in play it might pay to reduce the depot a bit with a BCS if he’s still green come PMPS. On the other hand you have an excellent testing team and aggression is important to beat the IAA so basically I’m not much help at all o_Olet’s see if @Sandy and Black Kitty or @Wendy&Neko are around to offer some advice before then.

8. Lisa & Oberon

Thanks; that's about where I am with it, too. So far it's just a hypothetical question. He's staying in the 70s. But clearly his pattern has shifted over the past few days, from being in the 300s with occasional low dips to staying low with occasional spikes into the 300s. I don't think it's just because of the higher Lantus doses he's been getting recently. The antibodies are doing something different. So on the one hand I want to stay on top of the IAA and keep the pressure on, but on the other hand if the antibodies are declining I don't want a massive depot in play. And sleep might be nice.

9. Vyktors Mum

I think so too, this is very exciting, but doesn’t bode so well for good sleeps for a while. He’s lucky he’s so cute hey :woot: and that he’s got such good beans :cat: definitely better to start thinking about it now than waiting until shot time, it looks like he might be starting to change the dance steps on you.

10. Lisa & Oberon

He's cute but he just rebooted my laptop for me. :banghead: Don't think I lost any work, but dang it.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Today was likely the 9.25 unit depot talking. You could always BCS tonight to drain the depot (and get some sleep).

12. Lisa & Oberon

I think I may have to, just to get some decent rest. (I say this knowing that the depot is still in play and he may still stay low for a while longer tonight, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about him going even lower.) And I'll be curious to see how he responds to a BCS. I've only done one other one one, 10 days ago, so I don't have much data yet.

13. Wendy&Neko

With a BCS, it's the first half of the cycle you most have to worry about the depot. Once he starts going up, you can go to sleep. BCS is one of the common tools for a higher dose cat going down dose quickly.

14. Lisa & Oberon

Yep, that's what I saw 10 days ago. He was clearly starting to climb by about +5 or so. I'm planning to give 4.5 U, assuming no surprises when I test him in a couple of minutes.

15. Lisa & Oberon

59 at PMPS. Definitely getting a BCS.

16. Lisa & Oberon

Also, does the 59 mean I should give another reduction starting tomorrow morning (to 8.25)? Or is it still tied to the 9.25 U depot?

17. Lisa & Oberon

Morning data: AMPS 69; ~100 from +1 to +6; +7 73, +8 79, +9 79, +10 76, +11 74

18. Wendy&Neko

Today's numbers were from the 9.25 unit depot. Of course, if you want to go down to 9.0 units for ease of measuring.....

19. Lisa & Oberon

He already got reduced to 8.75 this morning, since he was 69 right at AMPS. I'm thinking maybe I should stick with that while he rebuilds the depot (unless he earns more reductions after tonight). If today's numbers (including the 59 at PMPS) were all from the 9.25 depot, I don't really know yet what 8.75 is going to do.

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  20. Lisa & Oberon

Already climbing a bit. Too soon to be the BCS; not sure yet whether it's just a food bump or he's really starting to climb.

21. Vyktors Mum

He was quite insistent on the BCS wasn’t he - I wonder if he was dropping a hint when he rebooted your computer - time for a little reset mamabean lol

FYI the larger the depot the longer it can affect cycles going forward so you may still some effects from the 9.25 in the next few cycles. I think that still holds true even with the BCS.

22. Lisa & Oberon

Nah, he's just a jerk. (Actually, he likes to sleep on the table next to me with his head on the warm laptop keyboard. This time he managed to hit the power button.)

Heading up at +5, so I'm off to bed soon. DH should be able to get a +10 (maybe earlier).

23. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Good call on the BCS :cool:
    A massive depot is one element to consider. There are 2 additional unpredictable variables to consider. The first is that when resistance breaks, previously bound insulin is released back into circulation. How much and when is anybody’s guess. The second variable is that spending more and more time in the healing numbers (50-120) with a little luck can result in the pancreas healing and a returning to the job of producing insulin. So you have contributions from the depot, previously bound insulin that’s been released and maybe the pancreas starting to sputter.

Another “time honored maxim” to keep front of mind-

Better a day too high than an hour too low.

With an IAA kitty there’s so much uncertainty.
    When uncertain it is prudent to err on the side of caution.

Lisa & Oberon and Vyktors Mum like this.