? 11/15 - Charlie- AMPS 117 (0.15u), +4.5 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah Gamm, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Sarah Gamm

Sarah Gamm Member

previous post https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-6-74-8-90-10-99-11-5-92.238484/#post-2678366

I’ve been decreasing Charlie’s insulin over the last week (we switched to Young Again Nov 6).

He’s been getting lower and lower amps and pmps numbers, so I’m down to 0.15u this morning. But he’s gone below 90 (I just gave him a little high carb food), so should I be trying a “needle juice” dose or no shot?

I did “no shot” a couple nights ago and his numbers were around 11 by the next morning, so I still think he needs a tiny amount.

i don’t want to use the “R” word yet, but I hope we’re getting there!

2. Paula and Rocky

Paula and Rocky Member

His numbers look great (I'm going by the colors cause I don't know that meter). From what they always told me here you want him to have a strong remission so giving tiny doses I think they go to drops, will only help him.My Rocky went into remission recently after about 5 months on insulin and he's holding good so far. Congratulations Charlie!!! looking real good :bighug::)

Sarah Gamm likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Charlie's made a lot of good progress lately. :) However, Charlie definitely still needs some insulin - he's got too many blues and even that yellow a couple days ago. Can you could the number of drops in your 0.15 unit dose and maybe take a drop off of it? To count the drops, fill a syringe with coloured liquid (tea, juice) and twist the syringe until you can get even sized drops out. Then load the 0.15 unit dose and see how many drops in it.

You also have some of the higher dose depot still influencing the cycles. The depot can influence 4-6 cycles after a reduction, so you are still seeing the impact of the 0.75 units shots in there. Hopefully that skip tonight will help to drain the depot. You may find his numbers drift back up a bit and you have to increase. That's OK, he's still gone down in dose a lot.

Sarah Gamm likes this.
  4. Sarah Gamm

Sarah Gamm Member

His numbers were still 7.1 this morning but I gave him .15 units. It’s easier to monitor him during the day than it is at night. What should his numbers be before I consider stopping insulin?

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator