11/15 Tibby AMPS 233 Reverse curve?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy&Tibby, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Amy&Tibby

Amy&Tibby Member

I'm doing a curve, and he's curving in the wrong direction. Should I even use this to consider a dose change?

I don't have a lot of data, but what I have usually looks normal.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You don’t have any night tests fir the last several days. Many cats drop at night. Then they bounce higher. Can you get a +2 and or a before bed test to see what is happening at night? When the +2 is lower than the pretest, it means it will be an active cycle and your cat might have a much lower nadir. Then the reading in the morning will be high because the body releases sugar to protect the cat, what we call a bounce. If you see a lower number at +2 or 3 it’s a good idea to set an alarm for a mid cycle test. Without this information Iwould not increase.

3. Amy&Tibby

Amy&Tibby Member

I need to be better at night testing, but frankly I fall asleep without meaning to lately. I think I'll get more data this week and try again next weekend. Thanks!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Can you get at least a before bed test and if lower than the PMPS set an alarm at +5-7?

5. Amy&Tibby

Amy&Tibby Member

I can try.