11-2 Jade AMPS 399 +3=450//PMPS 415

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Jade, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Good morning all. Jades still running high. Tomorrow is curve day. When I shot this morning, I noticed a few drops left when I pushed the plunger so I grabbed a new syringe and put just a few more drops in and shot her again. I was a bit apprehensive about it so I'm sure it was only a drop or two. I probably wouldn't have done that had her amps not been just shy of 400 tho. Hoping for a good day. I feel as tho she's fading a bit to be honest but I try to keep in mind that like us, some days are better than others. I love her so much.
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...350-4-281-7-256-pmps-341.254946/#post-2871881

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Never inject more even if you are sure you had a fur shot. It’s just not safe. At least it was just a drop or two but even that can make a difference. Does she have any other medical issues? She will feel better once the insulin does it’s job but it won’t happen overnight. :bighug: Then she will feel well again and be back to her normal self.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  3. Jill & Jade

Ok, I won't do that again.I don't think she had a fur shot, I just don't think it all went in. I just ordered new syringes, not a fan of the Relion. They feel poorly made to me. They've been around for awhile as well. All sealed properly and no exp date but I still think they feel flimsy.I ordered Ulticare half unit ones that should be here by tomorrow. She has thyroid issues and is on meds for that. Mild asthma/bronchitis but waiting to hear from the radiologist on that. She had chest X Rays a few weeks ago. She took 3 weeks worth of Amoxicillin to see if that helped the bronchitis because my vet wants to avoid steroids if possible as to not upset here bg (ironic that that's how we found out she had relapsed) but have heard nothing from the doctor that is going over her X Rays. Her relapse was very sudden. I've tested her quite often in the last 3 years and she was at 109 just 9 days before she went in for X Rays. Decided to get a blood test to check her thyroid levels and there was a 290 BG #. I was crushed (and shocked).

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Poor baby. Please add hyper-t and asthma/bronchitis to your signature. Controlling both of those will have her feeling better as that’s probably why she’s out of remission. Then she will feel much better and hopefully become diet controlled quickly again. You caught it early.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you are doing a curve soon. Looks like she needs to go up to 0.75 units. The faster you can get her back regulated again, the better the chances of her going into remission again. Honestly, although it's not strictly SLGS, I think you have enough data to safely go up to 0.75 units tomorrow. Note for any lurkers, this suggestion is strictly for Jade and Jill.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  6. Jill & Jade

Thank you. I'm going to do the curve simply to appease my Vet, to be honest. I have a feeling she's going to say go to 1U, but I should go to .75, yes? I was going to do the curve today but I did skip a dose or two in the very beginning of last week AND I got my booster yesterday and knew there was a good chance of feeling the effects today. I want to feel bright eyed and bushy tailed when it comes to lancets and poking.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With low yellows the other day, I definitely would stick to a 0.25 unit increase.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

From what I have read on here, it seems most vets tend to increase or decrease in whole units. I agree with the dose adjustment to 0.75. If you start tonight and then give another 0.75 tomorrow morning, it may affect the curve tomorrow.
    I'm just trying to schedule my booster today. I hope you are feeling okay from yours.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  10. Jill & Jade

I’m for certain going to .75 even if she says 1U if that’s what I’m told to from this Board.
    As far as the booster, plan on feeling the same way you felt after your second dose. I woke up at 4:00am to a 101 fever and chills so bad that I almost spilled my water. It was through pure determination that I was able to get a poke in for Jades +5.
    I took some Ibuprofen and felt better by 9:00am. Fever is back. It’s EXACTLY how I felt after dose 2 . Hopefully, it’ll only last one day again.