11/2 - Leo AMPS 345 +4 429 +6 286

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan Shropshire, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Susan Shropshire

Susan Shropshire Member

Leo has been back on Lantus now for 10 days (today is day 11). We started back at the 5 units and he was at 4 units of Prozin and 5 units of Vetsulin. He had gotten to 5 units of Lantus when the Vet switched him to Vetsulin. I made the choice to switch him back to Lantus.

Today is actually over the 6 cycles at the new dose but I waited since I saw lower numbers. Today is actually day 5 at the same dose. I thought I might need to let it catch up so maybe the bounces would stop. Should I increase by .5 units? He is at 5.5 now, should I go to 6 units? @Wendy&Neko had mentioned at his numbers doing a .5 unit increase and that is why I went from 5.25 to 5.50 in that amount of time and now I am wondering if I should go to 6 units and not 5.75.

I am still seeing those spikes into the 400s. Is that still his body reacting to these lower numbers? I didn't know if it would take this long for it to work itself out. I am starting to at least see some blues sprinkled in.

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Once you see a blue nadir at a dose you want to wait 10 cycles before increasing. When he hit blue he bounced. It looks like he might be clearing the bounce today. I count 8 cycles since the first blue. Your increase will be .50 if needed tomorrow night.

Susan Shropshire likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Btw I think he is making progress.

Susan Shropshire likes this.
  5. Susan Shropshire

Susan Shropshire Member

Im glad to see those lower numbers!!

So if I’m still seeing blue and yellow with some reds I would do the increase. What would I look for to NOT increase? If it’s mostly blues!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Your goal is greens. Even with green we would still increase cause we want the spreadsheet to be mostly blues and high greens.

Leo is definitely showing signs of progress. :cool: How has he been reacting to those blues?

7. Susan Shropshire

Susan Shropshire Member

Awesome! He has definitely been feeling better with more energy. We took in a kitten and he’s been playing with him.

Wendy&Neko likes this.