? 11/2 Tigger 276 AMPS 145 +6 86 +10 92 PMPS 102 +2 74 +4.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Breanna H, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Previous thread

Small bounce last night but then a pretty decent day today it looks like! I work Monday through Friday so I wasn't able to test as much as I did the past two days, but I'm guessing 86 was about his lowest today? The more time Tigger spends in the lower numbers will his body learn to bounce less? Just curious, since his bouncing does seem to be getting a little better. I do feel though like I am getting excited for nothing, but we will see!

Thank you all again. Tigger might not be completely regulated but I know for sure if I didn't have this resource, Tigger would not be with me anymore. I have learned so much and continue to learn and I am so grateful. :bighug:

2. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Shot 92 tonight. So scary but exciting! Lowest yet!

Vyktors Mum and JaxBenji like this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I was just wondering about Tigger! Glad you posted. He's looking great. And from what I understand you are spot on - more time in lower numbers, the less bouncing - I think, as with everything, there are exceptions but this is the general idea. Basically, the pancreas and liver (and probably other organs) have to learn to be a team again - like the liver needs to stop freaking out and dumping sugar when a low (but safe) number is encountered.

BTW, your SS doesn't look to be updated? Last entry I see is the +6. Hope he has a wonderful cycle :D

Breanna H likes this.
  4. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

I'm not exactly sure where these numbers are coming from, but I'm sure not complaining. Maybe Tigger finally realized how discouraged and desperate I was becoming, haha. Maybe begging him to have better numbers every time I poke his ear is paying off.

I know, sorry. Sometimes my phone won't let me edit the spreadsheet on it for some reason. So I have to steal my husband's work computer at the end of the night and put all the numbers in, haha.

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

He sure is having a nice run :D:cool:

Breanna H likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like Tigger likes this dose.

Breanna H likes this.
  7. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

I think Tigger likes this dose a little too much @Wendy&Neko . 74 at +4.5. Would you recommend some Medium carb or high carb? I do need some sleep but I'm not sure how to steer him in the right direction since this is a new problem for us...or am I overreacting?

Also, should I be considering a dose reduction? I know the post says if they have a drop below 50, but I feel like Tigger is potentially on his way there tonight without some help.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  8. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

I may or may not have chickened out and given him some 13% carb food. 99 at +5, 30 minutes later. I'm going to try to get a tiny bit of sleep and set an alarm to recheck him shortly. I did load his auto feeder with LC as usual. I was surprised the 13% brought him up as much as it did, but I am feeling less nervous now.

9. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

That's ok, sometimes we learn from the experiment. I panicked once when Maverick was lower, and gave him a half a can of 24% food :rolleyes:

Breanna H likes this.
  10. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Well, he bounced anyway so my panic wasn't needed haha. But, now I know.