11/21 Butthead anniversary, Donovan update - LYMPHOMA

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

previous condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54768

Very quick note since I need to run to the vet with Donny :-|
    He's been kinda "bleh" for over a week (pukage, fussy w/fuds), and wouldn't eat anything at all today. Normally he's a bottomless pit. I bought some Pepcid AC last night and gave him 1/4 tab, but unfortunately so far it has not been a magic bullet. Don't know what's going on. Other civvies have been pukey the past few weeks too, but not so bad. Donny's last BG on Friday night was 72, so nothing strange there. I called the vet this morning and got an appointment for 2:30 EST.

6 months today for Butthead :sad:
    I think I finally understood a couple of messages he has been trying to send me. It hit me suddenly last week. I'll elaborate more on that some other time...

Please send No More Pukus / Please Eat vines to Donovan, please...

MJ&Donovan&Butthead's spirit

2. MJ+Donovan

Re: 11/21 Butthead anniversary, Donovan update -vines pls

well, damn. Vet just called and he has another emergency, so I gotta sit tight until he calls back.
    :YMSIGH:

3. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Sending vines and hoping the vet can fix him up.

There is a post on treats from China - are you feeding him any treats?

Sending hugs for you also.

4. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Be well Donny.

5. MJ+Donovan

No, I don't have any of those questionable treats.

6. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

feel better Donnie!!!

7. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

Sending get well vines to Donovan, I hope it is nothing serious.

8. MJ+Donovan

Can't take him until tomorrow morning :-|

9. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((MJ)))

Sending healing vines for (((Donovan))).

10. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

I know how you are feeling today MJ-- It seems like a minute ago, yet seems like a year..
    I am so happy to know he has been sending you signs..I found a feather in the living room today, and I knew Moonie would be OK--
    Prayers & Healing Vines for Dearest Donny...Hope he feels better by tonite!!
    I am always thinking of you--Moonie played with the butterfly later this am & I knew she was better--
    Hugs of comfort from us!!

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Remember to give Pepsid 30 min. before meal time.

I hope Donny feels better soon. Sending lots and lots of vines.

12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: on the Butthead anniversary..... :YMHUG: :YMHUG:
    Looking forward to hearing about the message....

Sending Donny every kind of healing vines but especially no pukus and start eating ones. Please be well, Donny.

13. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((MJ)))))) healing vines and snowflakes for Donovan hope the vet can find whats wrong tomorrow and its nothing serious[​IMG]

14. MJ+Donovan

Thanks... I've never used Pepcid before. I put 1/4 tab in a pill pocket, but ended up stuffing it into him because he wouldn't touch it. This was last night around 9 pm. I was going to give him another one this morning, but chose to wait until I reached the vet. Donny is drinking water, but won't eat - not his favorite fuds like Trader Joe's tuna or baby food treats or deli turkey meat. He'll approach it like he might want it, but then turns away, so I figure he's nauseous. Prior to this weekend, he was pukey and fussy but still eating a little, but now he doesn't want anything. He has only been puking up liquid. He'll purr for me, but he's otherwise very "blah" :?

When I get home I will give him another Pepcid and then later squish some baby food into his mouth.

15. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending some feel better vines for Donny. Hope the Pepcid will help and getting some bf into him. Hugs to you.

16. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Aww Butthead, we all miss you so much!

Sending tons of no pukus vines and feel better vines to sweet Donny. Frustrating that the vet can't see him until tomorrow. I'm sure you know this, but please be sure to get some kind of food into him today, however you have to do it and whatever it may be. If his appetite has been off for a week already, I really wouldn't want him to go another day without eating enough. Hoping it will be something simple to treat and quick to cure. cat_pet_icon

17. MJ+Donovan

I will definitely get some fuds into Donovan whether he likes it or not!

Time to re-share another Butthead video *sniff*...
    It's just Butthead being Butthead, but no matter what he's doing, he has a way of jumping into your heart.

[youtube]LldbFSEvw5M[/youtube]

18. Anne&Muffin (GA)

I was all excited to watch a Butthead video, but it's been blocked - probably because of the radio playing in the background? And yes, he does have a way of jumping right into your heart. What a special boy he was!

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi MJ,
    We're sending lots of healing vines to Donny tonight and hope he will feel better and start eating soon.

I love the Butthead videos, especially the ones where he is enjoying riding in the car. The one on your site tonight is blocked, but I can see it in my mind's eye. What a great kitty!

Good luck at the vet tomorrow. We will be thinking positively that Donny will be fine soon.

Hugs,

Ella & Rusty

20. MJ+Donovan

*sigh*
    sonofaBadWord. I do recall Butthead was rockin to the Eagles that day. I thought the audio had been removed due to copyright, but sure enough, I checked YouTube and it is blocked in the US :-| So I just added a random track and it should be viewable momentarily.

21. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Yay it's working! Hmm...I still hear the Eagles playing tho :lol:

22. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Love Butthead videos. He really did work his way into our hearts with his first glance at the camera lens. (video works for me now... I hear...harpsichord music?)

Aww sorry that Donovan is feeling pukey. I hope it is something simple and he will recover quickly. It is always worrisome when a good eater suddenly decides to not eat. Good luck tomorrow.

Hugs

23. Ollie(GA) & Patsy

Ollie(GA) & Patsy Member

Prayers and healing vines for Donovan and you MJ. I hope he feels better tonight and that the vet can help him get back to his old self quickly.

Butthead has won another heart! Thanks for sharing the video. I'm glad you have it. Memories are sweet.

24. Karrie and Maverick

I'm in Canada and I was able to watch him. I was hoping you'd post a video. He has a special spot in my heart that will always be his. I remember being mesmerized about how calm and cool he was in a car. Butthead being Butthead.

Wish I could give you a real hug M.J. Hoping everything is okay with Donny.

25. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

White healing light and soothing vines for Donny. I hope it is something minor and quickly over.

It hardly seems possible that Butthead has been gone so long, We were all in love with your sweet boy.

[​IMG]

26. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That was a nice video.

Sending feel better soon and get all better vines to Donovan. And Hugs, to you MJ.

27. MJ+Donovan

Thanks everyone. I just gave Donovan 1/4 tab of Pepcid, and then in a while I'll smear some fuds in his mouth. Guess what enticed him to eat a bit earlier today? CRACK. Kitty kibble. Why didn't I think of that? ohmygod_smile

Hmmm, I think I'll change Butthead's soundtrack on that video. He does enjoy some classic rock... :cool:
    OK, there's one called "Bittersweet". Never heard of it, but it seems appropriate.

I'll keep you updated on Donny. THANK YOU for the healing vines.

MJ&Donovan

28. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi MJ - I hope Donny feels better soon. Poor guy.... it is a shame that you have to wait to go to the vet, unavoidable I guess. I hope it is nothing serious - there sure seems to be alot of sick LL kitties. Good eating vines for Donny.

I alwyas enjoy a Butthead video. It does not seem possible that it has been 6 months since we lost him - what a wonderful kitty, so loved by all of us.

29. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I hope Donnie feels better quickly. We'll be thinking of you guys over here!!!

30. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hope Donnie feels better soon. Sending white light, eat vines, snowflakes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Butthead certainly liked to ride in the car and took in all the sights. Something I think we will all remember, special soul he was.

31. MJ+Donovan

PMBG = 86, so still on track there.
    I gave him candy (some kind of Friskies crack), and he ate some. Better than nothing!
    Early day tomorrow, so I'm logging off earlier than usual. Thank you again for your good thoughts for Donny, and happy memories of Butthead.

I will update when I can.

MJ&Donovan
    &Butthead's beautiful spirit

32. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Oh, MJ...sending all strongest possible vines to Cap'n Donovan...
    feel better, buddy!! hope this is something simple.

I don't know if i ever told you this, but my sister always calls Butthead "David Cassidy"...
    She had a big crush on him back in the Partridge Family era...and the red patch on your guy's head and neck
    reminds her of his hairdo back then :D

What a charmer he was...
    a sad anniversary indeed. :cry:

much love from us...
    celi & binks

33. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Butthead captured me from the first video! i think my very favorite is of him eating baby food from the jar. what a cutie! he's not too far away, MJ . . . it is hard to believe it's been 6 months.

sending anti-nausea vibes to donny - hope that baby food and pepcid does the trick.

:YMHUG:

34. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

I didn't log on last night after getting home from work but it was strange that i was thinking of you and Butthead.....he will always have a special spot in my heart!

hope you managed to take Donovan to see the vet and they get to the bottom of what is going on with Captain Donovan....

please update when you can...i do want to know how he is doing....

sending you huge cyber hugs ((((MJ))))((((Donovan))))

35. MJ+Donovan

Took Donny in for a check and got back just a little while ago. He did eat a little bit of Trader Joe's tuna this morning, so maybe the Pepcid is helping. He has lost a few pounds since his last exam in April. Gums look good and are moist so not dehydrated. Heart murmur is about level 3 in vet's opinion. Cardio check at Angell had it around 2, but I think this is subject to interpretation. No temp. Vet took blood and did a urine free-catch, which at the very end was bloody :? but vet thinks it may be due to him manipulating the bladder. If there is indication of infection, they will add on a culture. Gave him another dose of Pepcid and his beloved kibble crap when I got home. He must think he's in heaven getting "candy" without having to steal it.

Hopefully I will have results tomorrow sometime. I'm more than a little on edge right now. And my boss is not helping at all... told her yesterday what was going on since I had to leave at a moment's notice to take Donny, and after learning he's 15, automatically stated that it's probably his time :eek:. WTF. Cats live to 20+ nowadays, health issues notwithstanding. And just now she said he's probably not eating because he wants to die. Seriously? STFU. This is why I tell her as little as possible. She means well in her twisted way, but just SHUT UP already.

Love you guys.

MJ & Kibble King Donovan

36. Rocket & his Mom

praying all goes well for Donovan......hang in there and let us know when you find out the results on the labwork

as per your boss.....disregard what she says....just ignore her...i know easier said than done....

(((MJ)))(((Donovan)))

37. Karrie and Maverick

Some people have no clue - I feel sorry for them. It's hard for them to understand just like we couldn't imagine thinking their way. Is Donny on enapril for his heart I can't remember. I would do a culture regardless if you can afford it. Ecoli is very sneaky for one. Did they do a poop sample also to check for parasites?

Big hugs.

38. MJ+Donovan

No poop, just pee. He isn't on any meds at all.
    They're only going to do a culture if the urine looks suspicious.

My boss does "love" cats, but she's the type to feed them kibble from a garbage-pail sized bin in the garage, and keep them mostly outdoors (hubby is allergic) so they get killed by wild animals in the area :-|. Well, no wonder they don't live very long. She has no cats at the moment and hopefully it will stay that way. I've taken care of them at her house in the past when she's been out of town, so I know how they live. One time in the middle of a bad winter storm, I put the cats in a spare room with a litter box instead of the freezing cold garage. I couldn't bear the thought of them shivering in there.

off my soapbox...
    gotta prep for a stupid meeting

MJ

39. julie & punkin (ga)

my mom had a great saying for people like your boss - "consider the source." so you know enough about her to know that you don't have much common ground in how you think of pets, so it's not surprising she's say things like that.

hope donny gets a clean bill of health when the test results are back.

40. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Hugs to you and healing vibes to Donovan.

Time at 15? What?
    Tom.

41. mybuddybinks

it's a shame your boss isn't one of us, MJ...
    (i deleted all the unflattering things I had just typed).

Donny...the KTSS is on the way to make you feel better, buddy!
    sending continued vines for good results...
    and comforting hugs to your bean.

can't help but laugh at "kibble crap" :lol:

42. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) Sending prayers and healing/eating vines for Donny. I hope you can find out what wrong and get it fixed quick. Sorry about your boss. I have one of those and I tell her I have a Dr appt when I have to take a fur baby into the vet.

Its hard to believe that Donny has been gone 6 months. I know you felt every one of those days too. I hope he's looking down and laughing at the silly humans watching his video over and over.

43. MJ+Donovan

Short update. Donny ate a little last night. Not a lot, but something. Unfortunately he puked again this morning, and I could only get him to eat a few bits of forbidden kibble today. No word from the vet so I am assuming the results are not in yet. Probably won't hear anything until Friday.

:YMSIGH:

44. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi MJ,
    I can't believe that it's been 6 months either. Really enjoyed the Butthead video. Liked the soundtrack to it also. I know it wasn't the original one you had but it went perfectly. Who was that anyway? I would like to get it. [rescue me]He was such a sweetie. Liked the kiss at the end also. I was saying here's the end of the song and he's not going to turn around. But he proved me wrong. :smile:

I hope Donnie is feeling better and that you will hear from the vet soon on his b/w. It's very hard waiting. Sending Donny No more pukus and please eat vines. Give that hansome guy some scritches for me.

Keep us updated and Have a nice Thanksgiving.
    Jan

45. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines for Donovan. Try not to worry too much MJ (easier said than done I know)

Pattie

46. Marje and Gracie

Sending Donny more healing vines......no sicky, Donny!!! You must get better!!!!! I hope you get the results back today although it's getting pretty late your time. Bummer.

Wow on the boss. Some people. Glad I'm not one of her ex-cats. Geez.....

47. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

More healing vines for Donovan (((MJ)))) lets eat tonight for your Bean :YMHUG: :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

48. Karrie and Maverick

Sending hugs for you and Donny.

49. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hey MJ,
    So sorry that you will have to wait until Friday for the test results, but glad to hear that Donny is eating. Gotta eat, and kibble is at least food! We are sending a fresh batch of healing vines for Donny tonight.

There are too many "cat lovers" like your boss.

Edward and Rusty and I want to wish you and Cptn. Donnovan a Happy Thanksgiving. Rusty wants to know if Donny likes turkey. The KTSS has a nice recipe for turkey soup.

Hugs,

Ella & Rusty

50. mybuddybinks

Still thinking of you...

51. MJ+Donovan

I assisted him in consuming some diluted turkey baby food tonight and also a bit of Nutrical.
    Yesterday I thought one pupil looked slightly more dilated than the other one :? and it still seems to be the case. Gonna mention that to the vet when he calls. I also thought he had eye snot and tried to wipe it off, but it's actually cloudy like a cataract. WTH? I have no idea if it is related to him feeling like crapadoodle and not wanting to eat.

Your continued healing vines are truly appreciated.
    I'm trying very hard not to think the unthinkable :YMSIGH:

MJ

52. Marje and Gracie

[​IMG]

Do not think anything yet, MJ. Just get him to eat....one step at a time. Keeping you and him in our prayers.

53. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ,

I have had this with Jackson also. Two years ago he was vomiting so much that he couldn't stand up. He couldn't even hold a pepcid down. His heart was pounding and he could barely breathe. His body was shaking from dehydration. He has heart issues (a murmur which has turned into cardiomyopathy) but that wasn't the problem. he was just sick. I don't know why or what was wrong..STILL. He needed to be syringe fed until it passed. He was on antibiotics and injectible pepcid for 2 or 3 days. But it went away. I slept in the living room with him the whole time and one morning he was just better. He was almost 13 or 13 at the time. He had something similar last week but I know what it was now.

Don't think the worst. Cats get sick ..like people...and get better. Unfortunately we see so many 'bad' things that we forget that when it's happening to one of our own.

Sending snowflakes and healing/eating vines to Donny and many hugs to you!

xoC

ETA: PS Butthead :sad: I always love seeing his videos and can imagine how much you miss him

54. MJ+Donovan

I am trying very hard to remain positive, but Donovan is still not eating willingly. I have given him Pepcid twice a day, and syringed diluted baby food and Nutrical. He ate a little bit of Fancy Feast appetizers on his own this morning, but not a lot. He is drinking water though.

Last Thanksgiving, Butthead was still here. I took some video of him slurping up turkey juice from the platter, but it was too dark to see much of anything. Then when I edited the soundtrack to the video posted previously in this condo, I discovered that Youtube has editing features. Who knew. I was able to lighten the video enough so that Butthead is visible. Please enjoy.

I am so thankful for all of you. Nobody understands like you do.

[youtube]-WHHQ2Jv6lg[/youtube]

55. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

That was absolutely beautiful, MJ. Thankyou so much for sharing that with us. I loved that he nosed the camera twice as if to say, "Thank you, Mom... That was delicious!!!"

Have you any leftover turkey meat (either white or dark) to try on Donovan? Maybe that'll get him to eat something... *shrug*

Sending tons of healing vines, and positive thoughts for little Donovan. I'm wishing for him to make a full and speedy recovery. :YMHUG: Hang in there, hon. :YMHUG:

56. Rocket & his Mom

can you call your vet today and see if he got the results back?

sending you positive vibes and healing energy and praying lots for Donovan.....

57. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and Donovan.

58. MJ+Donovan

Vet just called. It's not good. He thinks Donovan's kidneys are shutting down. I'm on my way to pick up a copy of the bloodwork and take Donny to emergency at Angell in Boston. They should be able to do x-rays, ultrasound etc. to see what's going on internally. Vet mentioned dialysis. I have to do something, ANYTHING, to help him.

I am beyond devastated. Please pray hard for him....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

59. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/21 Butthead anniversary, Donovan update - NOT GOOD...

((((((((((MJ)))))))))))))) ((((((((((((((((((Donny)))))))))))))))

Oh I did not want to hear this. I pray for you and your Donny.
    Your family here is here for you.

He is in amazing hands with you and he will ge the best of care.
    Big big hugs.

60. Rocket & his Mom

praying for a miracle and that he pulls thru this one...

((((MJ))))((((Donovan)))))

61. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

((((((((((((((((MJ))))))))) sending lots of prayers and healing vines and snowflakes [​IMG]

62. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, I am so sorry.... I had so hoped for better news. Lots of prayers headed your way.

63. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I am sending prayers (((MJ))) ((( Donovan))).

64. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Love the videos of Butthead - whtta' guy - that face - something else. Sending hugs.

Sending so many healing prayers and hopes for your Donavan - so difficult to see them hurting and not be able to help.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

65. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Oh MJ, NOT the news we were hoping for. Praying the ER can help. And sending tons and tons of healing vines, positive energy, white light and love to you both. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

66. Marje and Gracie

Oh no, MJ.....this can't be happening. I am sending Donny as many healing vines, white light, snowflakes, as can possibly be mustered. I pray the vet is wrong. THE VET IS WRONG!!

Please keep us posted. (((MJ and Donny)))

[​IMG]

67. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending my strongest prayers for the ER doctors to help Donovan.

68. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Heavy duty prayers coming your way. Donnie is in excellent hands...we're thinking of you!

Amy

69. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

((((MJ)))) Many, many prayers for Donny this evening. I hope that your vet is wrong and that at Angell they can determine more precisely what the problem is. It may not be as bad as it seems. Holding you in our hearts and sending Donny multitudes of snowflakes and healing vines.

Big hugs,

Ella & Rusty

70. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) I am sending prayers for you and Donny. I hope they get him stablized and feeling better. We are all here with you.

71. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers, vines and snowflakes being sent for sweet Donovan. Fingers and paws feverently crossed that the ER vet may have a different take on the results and will have a clear path for a full recovery. ((hugs))

72. julie & punkin (ga)

((((((mj & donny))))) praying for the little guy.

LOVED the video of Butthead! i could imagine his joy at discovering the turkey platter!

mj, i think some people are able to "see" the souls in animals - and some aren't. those of us here, we see them. and we do understand.

having hope for Donny . . .

73. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Donovan.

pattie

74. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

This is not what I was hoping to hear. Keeping you and Donovan in my thoughts and sending healing vines.

75. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ,
    This was not what I wanted to hear. You must be beside yourself with worry. Like Ella said wait and see what the ER vet has to say. I'm glad your taking action and taking him to the ER. That's the best place for him. Hope they can help him feel better.

Sending healing vines to our boy Donny. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((MJ))) (((Donny)))

76. Ollie(GA) & Patsy

Ollie(GA) & Patsy Member

Sending healing vines for Donny. (((((MJ)))) you are taking him to this best place you can. Praying the other vet is wrong and Angell helps you and Donny.

77. mybuddybinks

Oh...Donny!!!! please hang in there, buddy!

we are praying our hearts out for you, MJ...

[​IMG]

78. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Sending everything Donnie's way for a recovery. Thinking of you MJ.

79. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sending tons of vines and snowflakes.
    [​IMG]

80. Karrie and Maverick

(((((((((MJ and Donovan))))))))). I'm hoping everything will be okay. He is in good hands.

81. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

((((((((((MJ)))))))))) Sending prayers and snowflakes for Donovan. This is indeed not what any of os wanted to hear. He is in the best of hands at Angell.

[​IMG]

82. MJ+Donovan

We are back.

Donovan will have his ultrasound or whatever tests they feel are necessary tomorrow. He will be examined by an opthamologist first. Sounds strange, I know. But I mentioned that his eyes are cloudy and unequal, and apparently that may help indicate what is going on internally. Donny got 100 mL squids and cerenia, and they gave me some mirtz-whatever-it's-called for his appetite. I will be taking him very early in the morning so they can hopefully squeeze him in before appointments start and not have to leave him sitting there all day.

For those who asked, here are his BUN and creatinine levels
    April 18 - BUN 33, creatinine 1.5
    Nov 23 - BUN 71, creatinine 2.8

Urine showed no indication of infection. I tested his BG this morning and it was 70. If you want to know any other numbers from the blood profile, let me know. I don't know what most of that stuff means.

I have to mention this... right after I got on the road with Donovan to head to the vet's to pick up his labs and then to Angell, Butthead's song came on the radio "Smile" by Uncle Kracker. I haven't heard that song in months. And then Donovan, who usually hides under the blankets in the carrier, poked his head out and wanted to look at the traffic around us. And he was purring. He was so Zen about it. It's as if the spirit of Butthead entered him. He even sang to me a little bit - not the miserable *meow*meow*meow* holy-crap-where-are-we-going voice, but his sweet chirpy voice. I was so happy to hear it. I really needed that after crying from the phone call and all the way to the vet.

So, I still don't know anything, except that if I do nothing, he will not survive. That is not an option. I have to find out why he is sick, and what treatments are available.

I do not have a smart phone or laptop, so if anyone here wants a live play-by-play, I can text you if you PM me your #. But I promise to update you as soon as I get home.

MJ&Donovan &Butthead's spirit, watching over him

83. mybuddybinks

that made me smile, MJ...
    Butthead IS watching over Cap'n Donny!

hanging in there with you, lady....

84. Marje and Gracie

MJ....his renal numbers are not bad at all. There is a progression but not a life threatening one. The BUN can be up from dehydration but with squids, it might come back down. The creat is just out of high normal. When you get home, if you want to send me his other numbers, I can help you decipher them. This makes me wonder if there is something else going on because those just aren't that bad. Interesting they gave cerenia because that is usually for vomiting...like alot of vomiting. Typically for nausea, they would give something more like ondansetron. I hope the cerenia helps him.

I am so happy to hear Butthead is watching out for him......I knew he was closer than you thought.......

Sending Donny more healing vines and big hugs to you MJ. Breathe, my friend. We are here for you and love you.

85. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

MJ

I have been watching all day hoping for an update on Donovan. I don`t post in Lantus any more but will be watching and praying he is alright. As much as you can stand to please post and keep us updated. Saying another prayer for the little guy now.
    I took Arthur to the vet today and he let the vet look really good into his eyes as he is a very calm kitty. The vet said he say no signs of high blood pressure which can cause renal failure if that helps. He said usually cats will not let them give such a good eye exam, Has Donovan ever had high blood pressure or diagnosed heart disease?

Terri

86. mybuddybinks

you and yours are well-loved, MJ ...

87. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

It brought tears to my eyes hearing about how Butthead was visiting you and Donny today on the way to the vet. Praying, praying for Donny tonight.

88. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you through this rough time. Donovan is in the best hands though...sending lots of vines and snowflakes your way.

89. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Healing vines, snowflakes, love & prayers your way. Get well, Donovan.

90. julie & punkin (ga)

with you . . .

91. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

(((((MJ and Donny)))))
    Butthead is indeed watching over you. We are sending many prayers tonight that all will turn out well for Donny.

Love and hugs,

Ella & Rusty

92. Roni and Moonie

OMG MY FRIEND!!! I Am SO UPSET!!! I wasnt here all day and just heard the news!!
    I am Praying so so so so hard for Donovan's recovery!!! I am just holding my breath, hoping for better news from Angel! They will know what to do..
    I told you Butthead was around you, now I know you believe--He is protesting Donny & You.
    You KNOW you have all my HUgs & LOVE!!! Please update whenever you can!
    Love you Kiddo!! I will not be thinking of anything but you!

93. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We are sending all our best healing energy to your sweet Donovan. We have paws crossed the vets sort out the source and have options for treatment soon.

94. MJ+Donovan

Thanks everyone. I am deeply touched.
    I have to take Donny back in about 4 hrs, so I'm gonna try to get some sleep.
    Yeah, right.

Much love to you all.
    I will update when I can.

MJ&Donovan

95. Roni and Moonie

Love you both--Keeping you close to my heart!

96. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Seeing this brought tears to my eyes. I feel like Donovan is part of my family... Oh no, not Donnie, he can't be sick....

It was sweet to hear how Butthead's spirit came to help Donovan as you drove to Angell. That was amazing and I'm sure it was a comfort.

I am keeping you guys in my thoughts and heart today. And will wait anxiously for an update.
    (((((((MJ and Donnie))))))))

97. MJ+Donovan

Re: 11/21 Butthead anniversary, Donovan update - AT ANGELL

I just got back from Angell. Donovan will stay there for the day, and they will call when they have results. They estimated he won't be ready until late afternoon, so I chose to come home rather than wait there. I'm going to try to nap for a bit since I didn't sleep much last night @-)

thank you for your continued prayers...

MJ

98. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending good vet visit vines for today. And get the very wisest and smartest of doctors vines, too.

99. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I just caught up with this thread .. I am sending tons and tons of healing thoughts Donovan's way and tons and tons of calming thoughts your way, MJ .. Keeping you both in my prayers ..

100. Jacspets

Jacspets Well-Known Member

Sending tons of healing vines for Donovan and hugs and calming energy for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.