11/21 Butthead anniversary, Donovan update - LYMPHOMA

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 11/21 Butthead anniversary, Donovan update - AT ANGELL

Angell is one of the best veterinary clinics in the country. Donny couldn't be in better hands. Cyn/Cosmo knows the clinic well. (Unfortunately, she's out of the country until tomorrow or Mon.) I know she likes Dr. B but I have no doubt, they will figure out what's going on with Donny.

You both are in my thoughts.

(((MJ))))

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending healing thoughts to Donny. It's nice to know that Butthead is looking after him.

Our kitties are really amazing and know when we need them most.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Best wishes for Donny, he is in good hands. We will be thinking of you today.

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I will keep Donovan in my prayers today and hope that the doctors can figure out how to help him. (((MJ))).

5. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Donovan is in great hands at Angell :YMHUG: Squishy had the best vets there taking care of him when he was sick in the ER. Sadly, though, Squishy was too sick and became a GA depsite all the efforts of the vets. Cyn and Cosmo can also tell you what a great place Angell is. Even for routine care, like for Leroy and Emma, Angell is great :D

Do you have a vet assigned to Donovan's care? I'm not too familiar with all the ER vets and their residents and interns. When Squishy was there, I insisted that Dr. B manage his care. With Squishy being an odd case, Dr. B let his resident Dr. P manage most of the treatment for the learning experience, with his overisght of course.

I'm going to be at Angell later today, just dropping off donations at the shelter. I'll think of you and Donovan while I'm there ((Hugs))

6. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Sending our strongest vines for the very best outcome.
    ((((((MJ))))))

7. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh MJ.....bless your heart.

It sounds like Butthead is watching over Donny. And you as well. We are all rooting for a good report on Donny and keeping you in our thoughts. I hope you can get some sleep. Sounds like you need it.

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Keeping Donovan and you close and sending vines and prayers.

9. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((MJ))))) thinking of you and Donovan today and sending lots of snowflakes and healing vines

10. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hoping for a good update today--We love Donny & Pray for his recovery!! Watching for uodate-

11. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) I'm sending prayers, white light, vines and snowflakes to Donny. I hope they can figure out what's going on today. I agree with Marjorie that those numbers don't sound that bad, but they could account for his not eating. Blackie was on mirtazapine for appetite and he did well on it. Get some sleep and please take care of yourself too.

12. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Donovan & MJ))) Saying a million prayers for Donny today...and for you too MJ...
    Positive vines and thoughts for him...holding you both close to our hearts.....

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sending many prayers for a good report.....something easily treatable.

[​IMG]

14. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwww that is so sweet of little Butthead to watch after Donny. I'll be thinking of you and Donny today for an outcome that is easily treatable. He's in great hands.

Sending this snowcat for extra healing vines for Donovan.

[​IMG]

You and Donny are in my thoughts and prayers.

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: and :YMHUG: Big ones!

Keeping you close in our hearts and thoughts and hoping to hear good news today.

Ella & Rusty

16. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((MJ and Donovan)))) I have 3 Siamese here singing their best Meezer songs for Donny. Angell sounds like a really fine place for him to be. I hope you'll get good news today.

17. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

we are all rooting for you, gorgeous Cap'n D!

love, huggies, and heartfelt prayers...

celi, binks, and the girls

18. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Donovan is still at Angell, but vet called with an update. He got an initial exam by the opthamologist and had his ultrasound. They are very concerned about his eyes, claiming they look worse than yesterday, and think it could be painful for him - possibly glaucoma, or some involvement of C. I refuse to type out that word, but I think you know what I mean. Ultrasound showed abnormalities in his kidneys and they did a fine needle aspirate. Samples have not been examined yet. Again mention of C, possibly lymphoma. They want to keep him there longer and start on meds for his eyes. Vet will call again later with more info, and I can allegedly get Donny around 7-8 pm EST.

I am numb right now, but wanted to let you all know what's happened so far.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers. I can't imagine why Donny would be taken from me so soon after Butthead :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

19. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Adding to the vines, snowflakes and healing light coming your way.

I think I posted just as you did. Just want you to know we are keeping you and Donny in our hearts, and hoping you can go to get him very soon.

20. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

We are all keeping you and Donny in our hearts today. Butthead's message for Donny was so special. He is watching over his bro.

If youwant to read up on the tests to help you understand the test results and jeep you occupied while you wait, here is a page from Tanya's site that gives a lot of good information.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:
    ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

21. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

Awww MJ, I am so sorry the news hasn't been better. We are all pulling for Donovan and he is in good hands.

I never knew your Butthead because he was gone before I got here. I went back and watched some of his videos though and I can see what a special boy he was. The baby food one is great! Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm glad he is looking out for Donovan at this difficult time.

22. Marje and Gracie

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sending tons of snowflakes, white light, healing prayers for Donny and prayers of strength and comfort for you, MJ. And love.

23. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, I'm thinking about you and Donny today and praying for a diagnosis that can be easily treatable. Many, many hugs!

24. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

could his eyes be a bit odd to you due to dehydration? or could his eyes look different because after all he did have all those teeth removed, right?

i guess i'm grasping at straws here....i wish i was there to help you and to give you a hug...i know how difficult this is especially with Butthead having been thru so much.....but be positive....lots of us are praying that whatever Donovan has it is treatable and he will be back to his normal self.....

hang in there....yes...i know...easier said than done....i relate to it all too well.....

praying praying praying.....

25. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you. Positive vibes.

26. MJ+Donovan

Going to pick up Donny now. Don't have much more info than before. Pathology won't view the samples until Monday. Opthamologist believes it is glaucoma, particularly his left eye, and he'll be on meds for that plus pain medication.

More later. Wanna go get my boy...

MJ

27. mybuddybinks

WE ARE THINKING OF YOU...

big sloppy kiss to Donny from us.

28. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

((((MJ and Donny)))) We are thinking positively and sending you lots of love and hugs.

Ella & Rusty

29. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and Donny. I know you can't wait to get him home. I know he'll be glad to sleep in his own bed too. Sending love from me and the gang. :YMHUG:

30. Ann & Tess GA

WE will all be holding our breath until Monday when we can see the results. Vines and snowflakes for Donny tonight. More coming tomorrow!

31. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

(((MJ & Donny))) I'm keeping you both in my heart and my prayers.

32. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Many thoughts and prayers...the power of LantusLand is behind you!!

33. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

(((((((((((((((((MJ))))))))))))))))))))))) [​IMG]

34. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

I know it's hard to keep yourself from thinking the worst, but for tonight, Donovan is home, safe where he belongs. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Jason

35. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

(((((mj & donny))))) with you . . .

36. MJ+Donovan

Sorry for the delay. It took quite a while to receive Donovan. Angell was very busy tonight. Then I had to get him settled in at home, syringe feed him, figure out his meds schedule, and give him a little sponge bath (peed in the carrier). And I'm sorry this condo has gotten so long, but for now it makes sense to keep everything in one place.

First, an old photo I found of Donny, one of his early "glamour shots" :cool: . Anyone who has ever shown cats probably knows the photographer, Chanan. He was probably 1-2 years old here.

[​IMG]

I am attaching a scan of the discharge letter from the vet rather than retype everything. The one thing I don't remember her mentioning on the phone is the possibility that he could lose his eye :shock:. In itself, I could come to terms with that, but in his present condition, would he withstand the surgery?

Once we were in the car, he started looking around and purring again. I'm beginning to wonder if he's doing it to try to soothe himself, and he is actually in pain. While the vets saw little evidence that he is in pain, given the condition of his eye, they said they can't imagine that he is not :sad:.

The next few days will involve eye drops every 4, 8, or 12 hrs, bupe every 12 hrs, appetite stimulant once a day. This will involve lots of napping in between I guess. I don't care - I'll do whatever I have to do. I should have biopsy results on Monday, at which time I will get in touch with the oncology dept if needed, and he has a re-check with the opthamologist vet on Wednesday. I am really hoping the appetite stimulant will help since he is weak from not eating.

Taking this one moment at a time. Donny is here now, and that is what I am focusing on.

MJ&Donovan

Attached Files:

37. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

MJ, this must be so hard to read. It's good Donny is home with you.

Did you read in Sienne's condo that there is a longer acting Bupe, one that lasts 48 hours? Maybe it's something to ask about.

It sounds like you have spectacular veterinary support, and of course you have Lantus Land sending mountains of snowflakes and vines. I hope Donny rests quietly tonight, and that you get some rest too.

38. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

:sad: (((((((MJ))))))))) (((((((((( Donovan))))))))) :sad:

I dont know much about enlarged kidneys...only shrinking one's. Sorry.

I KNOW (and know you know I know ;-) ) how drastic removing the eye can seem. Hopefully through Tippie's story you can find some hope and comfort. You have had Donny his whole life, so I can only imagine how the adjustment for you might be different. You may know of someone on the board and fb whose cat lost their eye site due to a hypo. Maybe you can find some hope in their story, too? I really do believe after going through what we have that it is more difficult for the human to understand than the cat. Cat's seem to adjust much easier. I don't know if I ever mentioned, but one reason to remove the eye under some circumstances is to reduce the potential for the 'c' word. If they are recommending it, I would go with what they suggest. Most vets don't recommend it on a whim. They actually avoid it as long as possible - I think mostly for the human.

This all seemed to happen so fast! Ive been absent from my computer for a few weeks. Did I miss something leading up to this?? :YMSIGH:

I hope the tests come back ok. I know Donovan is in the best hands EVER. And you... well you have some of the best people and kitties surrounding you with love and support.

Many smooches to one of my favorite boys, and a zillion hugs for you!!!

39. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

MJ, I am so sorry this is happening :sad: I think you've got a good cocktail of meds though, to help him feel better. Sending good appetite vines to Donovan....

40. carolynandlatte

Rereading:
    Can you ask them why they may need to remove the eye in order to get a dx?
    Also, other than pain is there a reason they would remove the eye before he lost sight?

An appt with an ophthalmologist is important before making any decisions, k?!

Also, Im sure you know to check his bg's with the pred on board. If you need some lev, I know where you could get some in a jiffy! ;-)

41. MJ+Donovan

The eye removal thing is a new one to me. Not sure where that came from. I wouldn't hesitate to do it if it's in his best interest, but again I can't see how he would tolerate the surgery if he's so weak. And I'm rather confused that there has been NO mention of CRF or FHL by the vets. The emphasis has been on his eyes. Yes, I realize that has become a serious issue that developed suddenly. But MY CAT DOESN'T WANT TO EAT. I don't get why they aren't more concerned about this. And I don't know if Donny is riding the bupe train or what, but he's very mellow and purry. That stuff turned Butthead into a nonresponsive slug.

I am still checking Donovan's BGs twice a week, but can do it more frequently.

Gotta get up in a few hours to give eye drops, so need to catch a few ZZZs.

42. Marje and Gracie

(((MJ)))) I'm so sorry for this possible dx. I hope they are wrong about it all. I don't even know what to say....all this lymphoma.....Teddi, Boris, Teddy, Donovan....when will it stop and why your
    beautiful boy?

HIs picture is gorgeous (I know Chanon...he took Teddi's and Gus's pictures when they were that same age...great photographer but arrogant as hell). Such a handsome boy, your Donny.

Keeping you all in our prayers. I hope the bupe helps the pain.

43. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Oh, you saw Dr. Finn. I've only met her once but from that one experience, I thought she was a great vet :smile:

Did they do any tests for HL or CRF? Suggest anything to help Donovan eat? Can you get FortiFlora from your regular vet? Even unappetant cats will eat food with FrotiFlora sprinkled on top.

Have you seen the liver shake recipie? http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30432 Some FDMB members swear that even the sickest cat will eat this.

((Hugs)) I hope Dr. Finn and the other vets can help Donovan.

44. Linda and Bear Man

(((MJ))) I am sorry to read about the issues that Donovan is facing. I wonder if he might also be a bit nauseated, and that is why he is not eating? Maybe the vet could prescribe something for that. I am keeping both you and Donovan in my prayers as you wait for the test results.

45. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that if his eye hurts, eating may pull on the muscles around it and aggravate it.

Maybe they think that if they reduce his eye pain, it'll improve his appetite.

{{hugs}}

46. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Saying prayers that the answers will become clearer very soon. Big hugs from us, MJ... for you and handsome Donny both!

47. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Donovan and MJ)))
    Sometimes even humans have trouble eating again if they have been off food for awhile. Something like that liver shake might slowly encourage him to eat ....solids might be too much for him at the moment. I would definitely try that shake anyway MJ, if you can....
    Thinking of you both today....and wondering how your night was. Hopefully they will have some answers for you on Monday rather than Tuesday. It's always so difficult to wait, right?
    We are sending much love to you both....Try to eat something Donny Boy....you will feel a bit better with something in your stomach, okay?
    Strength vines to you MJ...this is a lot to be going through...love and a blizzard of snowflakes to you both....

48. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, just catching up on Donny and so sorry to read this with Donny. My heartfelt prayers and healing vines go out to you and Donny. Special thoughts and hugs for you.

49. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((OH MJ)))))

I wish I had any answers for any of this but as you know I'm suffering through something similar right now and I don't understand any of it either. I think maybe Donny isn't eating now because of all he had done. He needs to feel a little more normal and hopefully he'll come around. When he gets hungry he will come for food until then syringe it but you know that.
    Sending you so much love and healing vines and snowflakes for Donny and huge hugs for you. As unhappy as it makes us and as much as we'd love to grab our boys and run away to a happier place, we have to trust our vets. It's all we've got.

xoxo,
    C

50. Ele & Blackie (GA)

(((MJ & Donovan)))
    I'm praying the Donovan will feel better soon and start eating. I tried the liver shake when Blackie wouldn't eat and it did not agree with him at all. If you try it, I would not use beef liver. When Blackie didn't want to eat, I found that he liked the fish flavors of fancy feast better than his old food. He also liked the FF Medley's. They're a little higher in carbs, but at this point we want Donny to eat.

You've gone through so much. My heart goes out to you, MJ. Hang in there and take care of yourself too. Lots of vines, snowflakes and healing energies coming your way.

51. carolynandlatte

Just stopping by to check in with you guys this a.m. and see how you are both doing.
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

I hope the mirtz is kicking in. It is suppose to also help a bit with nausea. If its not working, maybe call and ask if you could add something like ondansetron (zofran) or metoclopramide (reglan). The pepcid is going to be for nausea associated with excessive stomach acid. So if that is not the reason for nausea, then it will not be effective.

MJ, I think they need to wait for the test results (biopsy?) to come back. They have done the blood work showing a mild increase in creatinine, but the picture is showing enlarged kidneys. Typically the kidneys get smaller with crf. They need a full picture to make any specific dx.

They may have not specifically addressed his lack of eating, but I think by giving the mirtz, bupe and pred they are in a round about way. They suggest he may be in some pain (due to his eye), which we all know will keep a cat from eating. The Pred will help with the inflammation and possibly stimulate appetite, bupe with the pain, and mirtz with the nausea (hopefully) and stimulate the appetite as well.

This just stinks, and I know the waiting is awful. Come Monday or Tuesday I think you will have a better picture of what is going on and how you can continue to give Donny great quality of life. You are doing a wonderful job. I hope you can feel the love and support from all around the world for you two! :YMHUG:

52. mybuddybinks

AW...WHAT A GORGEOUS PICTURE OF DONNY!

sending all that we can muster your way, MJ...prayers, vines, snowflakes, and a barrel full of love...

53. Marje and Gracie

Sending more white light, snowflakes, healing vines for Donny and prayers and love for you both. I hope he is eating today.

[​IMG]

54. MJ+Donovan

Finally catching up with LL and messages now.

Donny is still very weak, partly I'm sure from not eating much. He's not interested. I'm giving a mixture of turkey baby food and nutrical watered down to make it syringeable, maybe 10-15 mL in a sitting. I do have Fortiflora, but I doubt that will entice him much. I'll try. I rarely give him beef, and I hesitate to try the liver shake, but I will look at the recipe. He can barely use his back legs now. I gave him another dose of bupe around noontime (about 4 hrs ago). Shortly before that was the first time I heard a moan of what I assume is pain from him, as I was placing him back on his cushion under the bed (his place of choice at the moment). I think one or both of his back legs are bothering him. They are still warm, so not a circulation issue.

If he's going to rally, he really needs to do it soon :cry:

MJ&Donovan

ETA: WHERE THE HECK DO I GET KELP POWDER/SPIRULINA? Supermarket or health food store?

55. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

((((((((MJ and Donovan)))))))))

As you know I'm big on assist feeding and am on the assist feeding forum every day. The important thing is enough calories to maintain his weight. Lots of calories. MaxCal or Recovery RS or even Wellness Chicken. Don't worry about him eating on his own if he is okay with assist feeding MJ. At least a 5.5oz can a day. The calories will get his strength up. Remember if he's not feeling well, he won't eat on his own. If he is NOT eating on his own ditch the Mirtz. It has side effects. It should only be used in a cat with a reduced appetite not a cat that is not eating on his own. Is he on Pepcid AC? Pepcid is not for nausea, but can help a cat with excess stomach acid - clear/slimey vomit.

Hoping the bupe helps.

Sending you and Donny lots of hugs and love.

Karrie

56. MJ+Donovan

OK, just got back from the market and found chicken livers, carrot juice, and spirulina capsules.
    This recipe makes quite a bit of stuff, so need to search for how to store this safely...

back later

love you all

MJ

57. mybuddybinks

right back at you, MJ :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

58. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

(((((MJ))))) I'm so sorry to read this! I know how hard this must be...I wish I could do something.
    Sending you all the positive energy I can and keeping you both in my thoughts!
    (((((Donovan)))))

59. SmokeyD

SmokeyD Member

Thinking of you all- I hope the night brings healing.

60. MJ+Donovan

I made this lovely concoction and fed some to Donovan. So far it has stayed down. Here's hoping it helps to strengthen him for the fight ahead...

61. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Come on and rally, Donny! You can do it! That concoction sounds delicious and it will give you lots of strength. We love you and we want you to get better.

Lots of love from
    Rusty and Ella

((((MJ)))) We are thinking of you all the time and our thoughts are positive. Donny is a wonderful kitty and he will get through this. That is a lovely picture of him as a young cat. So handsome. Try to get some rest tonight. We are all pulling for him to recover. Tons of healing vines and snowflakes heading to Donny tonight.

Love and hugs,

Ella & Rusty

62. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

((((((((MJ & DONOVAN)))))))--MY heart does out to you & I know how difficult this time is for you..
    I believe Glaucoma is very painful for the cats..
    Cyn & Cosmo he had his eye removed & lived quite a long time after...
    You can try to PM her from the members list.
    We are praying so very Hard for you both & know how very dear he is to you!!!!
    Butthead will watch over him & you--Praying tomorrow will be better news, that whatever this is it can & will be treated...Wrapping you in hugs & love, feeling your pain..Try to sleep both of you.

63. Marje and Gracie

Sending more prayers tonite. Glad you got some liver shake in him.

64. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I hope Donny has a better day, today.
    More Eating, More Strength, More Purring.

65. Rocket & his Mom

i've been praying really hard for Donovan.....still praying for him.....

how often are you assist feeding? the more frequent the better....when i assist feed Rocket I do it every 2 hrs and in one sitting i try to give 20cc if he lets me....sometimes more and i can space it out more than the 2 hrs....

you mentioned his PHOS=6.1

that in itself will make him feel yukky....so i know for a fact he won't eat on his own...so please try to assist feed him....even if he hates it....

praying you get some answers today.....

66. MJ+Donovan

Got the call a while ago. It is lymphoma. Can't really say more now without having a complete breakdown. More later when I can be alone (had to come in to work, but will be going back and forth to give meds and fuds)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

67. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

I'm sorry to hear that news. Seeing how you cared for Butthead though. Donovan couldn't be in more loving and caring hands.

Prayers and thoughts,

Jason

68. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

(((MJ))))) sure did not want to see this diagnosis :sad: :sad: sending lots of prayers and healing vines for Donovan today

69. Jacspets

Jacspets Well-Known Member

Oh no. I'm so saddened to read this. (((((MJ and Donny))))) Sending warm comforting thoughts and lots of hugs.

70. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((MJ))
    Tears are in my eyes at my desk. I am so sorry to hear the diagnosis for Donny.
    I was praying for so much better news.
    I will continue my prayers for both of you. You are truly devoted and you will do whatever
    needs to be done for him.
    Please take care of yourself too.
    I wish I lived closer to you but please know that you and Donny are in my heart and thoughts.
    Many many hugs.

71. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I know this is what no one here wanted to read .. my heart is breaking for you .. Sending prayers and positive thoughts/energy your way .. Hugs to you both ..

72. Karrie and Maverick

MJ - I wish I could give you a real big hug. I am so sorry for Donny's diagnosis. My heart is in my throat.

You are surrounded by loving knowledgeable people here and Donny has the best vet care available. Your love and our prayers on top of that.

You are staying in my thoughts.

73. Linda and Bear Man

I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I know that your vets and oncologists will be discussing options with you. My thoughts are with you and Donovan.

74. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry to read this. Donny is definitely in the best, most loving hands. It's been many years, but I had a lymphoma kitty back in 2002. While his case was very different from Donny's, I do know that if treatment is an option for you, lymphoma can respond very well. There was a Yahoo discussion group back then; I don't know if it still exists.

We're holding you close in our thoughts and prayers... :YMHUG:
    Amy

75. Marje and Gracie

(((((MJ)))))) I am so very sorry for this dx but Amy is right......and the lymphoma group is still there and very active. I joined it but Teddi threw her blood clot before I could even introduce her. Even so, the moderator sent me a lovely welcome and when I told her about Teddi, she sent me another really comforting message. I did read through several posts there.....I highly recommend them.

I know it is ECID but our oncologist told me many cats can go into remission. I am holding you and Donny so close in prayer that he will be one of those. We all love you both and wish we could give you that colllective LL hug
    that would help you for what lies ahead. If it is any comfort at all, Teddi handled her chemo treatments that she did receive very well and they were impressed with how quickly she was responding. I pray for a quick response
    for Donny. He could not be in any better, more loving hands and you have a phenomenal clinic to help you.

76. Rocket & his Mom

MJ,
    My heart is breaking for you...I was not expecting this dx for Donovan...know I will continue to pray for you both...
    I know you will do whatever is best for Donovan

Keeping you both close to my thoughts and prayers

77. Ann & Tess GA

((((((((((MJ)))))))))) Oh how we were hoping for an easier dx. You are such a caring friend and so devoted to your furbabies. You will do all you can as will the staff at Angell. We will all continue to sen vines, white light, healing snowflakes and praying for Cap'n Donny.

78. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Oh no, MJ...I'm so sorry to see this dx. I am hoping that the oncologist will have good news about treatment options for Donny....(((hugs))) for both of you. Sending a ton of vines and positive thoughts....

79. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) sending positive vibes.

80. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, I'm so sorry to hear about the dx for Donovan. It sounds like the staff at Angell is wonderful and I'm hoping and praying that there will be some good options for the treatment. Many hugs and prayers.

81. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Sending you positive thoughts & lots of prayers. Sure do wish we had a magic button to help you and Donny. Thinking the best as the Doc can do amazing things. All our love, Susan & Lanky

82. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

My heart sank when I saw your updated subject line. My prayers are with you both.

83. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

(((((MJ & Donny)))))
    We are all with you and hoping and praying that the oncologist will have a plan of treatment that will offer Donny a good quality of life. MJ, you are a wonderful mamabean and I know that you will do the best for Donny. We are thinking positively and continuing to send strength to you and healing vines and lots of snowflakes to Donny.

Many, many :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: s and love,

Ella & Rusty

84. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

((((OH MJ and Donny))))

I don't know what to say. This is just so sick. I am so sorry. But don't give up hope. I know you are a fighter and Donny is too. Sending healing vines and snowflakes and special treatment vines for Donny your way.

We love you.

Caryl,
    Alex and Jackson

85. sanrun

sanrun Member

So, sorry to see this. :cry: Sending lots of hugs for you and Donovan.

Sandy - Dottie, Tilly and Jeter

86. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

:( ((((((((((((((((MJ and Donovan)))))))))))))))))

87. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

((((MJ)))) ((((Donovan)))) I am so sorry to hear the diagnosis. Know that I am thinking about you and sending healing vines to your sweet Donovan.

88. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) I am so sorry to hear this news. My heart is breaking for you. My prayers are going out for you and Donovan.

Pattie

89. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

((((((MJ))))))
    so sorry to hear the news - hoping for the best possible outcome.

90. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

(((((mj and donovan))))) no advice except don't give up hope. we're with you both.

91. Karrie and Maverick

92. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Many prayers of healing and comfort coming to you and Donovan. I'm very sorry to hear the diagnosis, but I hope the docs can find a way to make Donovan feel better and give you both more quality time.

93. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( MUJ )))

Oh, no, was hoping for better news. Hopefully now that there's a diagnosis there will be treatment options
    for your Donny Boy that will work wonders for him!

94. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Oh, MJ, I'm so sorry. I wish I could say something, anything to make this better, but I can't. I am holding you both close to my heart. (((((MJ & Donnie)))))

95. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.