11/24 - Dolly - AMPS 290 - 195@+2 105@+3 - 81@+ 4.5 - 81@+5 - 128@+7 - 226@+9 - PMPS 363 - 258@+2.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Nov 24, 2020.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You will be fine if you leave for an hour. Just leave out food like you always do. Test when you get back and you can always leave out higher carb food both times.

3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She was at 105@+3. Gave her some high carb (20%) of which she ate the gravy not the chicken. She has been tearing at her grass so she is either nauseous or constipated (can’t spell it today), she did eat well lc. No time to test, already running late. Pray she is okay. She is definitely off today.

4. tiffmaxee

All the carbs are in the gravy. So good. Hope she feels better.

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I have to leave for about an hour and a half. Gave her some mc, ate little. Don’t want to force feed her. Try to get a Cerenia tab down her.

6. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Well done last night and big hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    What I used to do to avoid too many ridiculous nights was get up early for the morning shot and then go back to bed for two or three hours. That second sleep was delicious and the PM shot was much earlier so I got to bed at better times too. Also remember that every piece of data you get helps you to know whether it’s safe to leave her for the night. All things being equal if she starts another cycle like last night you’d now know that you didn’t need to get up and check again at +8.
    But you absolutely have to look after yourself first you can’t do what you need to for your husband and Dolly if you’re not in good order and condition :bighug:
    I meant to mention the thread title last night too. If you run out of space just delete some of the morning data to make way (leave the AMPS and nadir in unless you need that space too). The current data is what alerts people you might need help without needing to go into the thread to check. With so many kitties on the board you could get missed if your title doesn’t indicate you could do with some help.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I can't believe I just wrote you a long message and lost it because I left the page to look something up. It was a lot to do about getting rest during the day and how awful it makes me feel. I never seem to feel awake for the rest of the day. My spreadsheet is finally showing me how Dolly does during different situations. I have a lot of notes I need to add. I am actually going to try and rest. I am exhausted. I want you to know how grateful I am for all of your caring support, all the times you were here to get me through some scary moments. I need to rest for awhile. I need to review Elise's message about changes I could make under TR. I truly can't think right now. I am so upset I lost my message o_O. Thank You for all of your suggestions. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She’s doing fine but bouncing again. I need to get past today, brain fog from exhaustion. I will go over your suggestions and figure out what we do going forward. I don’t want to lose any progress she’s made by making the wrong decision. Thank you so much for everything. :):cat:

9. tiffmaxee

You have gotten really good information the last few days about how she responds to carbs. It will make monitoring her easier. I promise. Dint think about any of this tonight. I will be happy to talk you through options when you are rested. Relax tonight.

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I am moving her back a half hour, hope that’s not too much. Just tested her, 363 :( She won’t eat but had a snack at +9. PMPS will be +11.75 now. Thank you so much :cat:. Have a good evening. :)

Shot ended up at usual time :eek:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  11. tiffmaxee

She’s bouncing. Take advantage tags and rest up. I think moving the time will help. Hope so.

12. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Eating little, a bite here and there. Checked ketones - 0.5. It's been a long night and day for her, don't think she feels very good. Looking towards a brighter tomorrow. Thank you all.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

She ate fine during the day.

13. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I hate it when that happens, and it only ever happens when it’s a long message! I might have the wrong end of the stick here but when I said I used to shoot early and then go back to bed for more sleep I meant really early, while it’s still dark. I was getting up to shoot at 4.30 and then usually it was fine not to get up again until 7.30 so I’d go back to sleep until then. Then in the evening +6 was 10.30 so I was mostly able to avoid late nights and getting up to test again. It ended up I was almost doing the morning shot in my sleep and then straight back to proper sleep so I was fully rested when I woke up again. But different things work better for different people and if you need to sit with Dolly while she eats or you have trouble getting back to sleep once you’re up (I do but only if it’s daylight, it it’s still dark no problem) then my solution won’t work for you, but there will be one that does :)

Hoping you are having the best sleep tonight :bighug:

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  14. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Just wanted to thank you again. I don’t know if I will ever feel rested.