11/25 Chnoudi amps 392 +2 339 +4 235 +6 112 +7 80 +8 63 +10 142 pmps 167 +2 265 +4 320 +6 340

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melita & Chnoudi, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Hello! Well....It was too good to last long...
    AMPS 392
    I suppose it s going to be a big bounce :(

2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

3. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

+4 --> 235
    I think this is not too bad, is it? :nailbiting:
    I was afraid of many many pinks today

4. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I didn't see the new thread this morning. Oops

Easy now chnoudi.
    :D:D:D

6. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Haha thank you so much! I start being more optimistic as I learn a bit more how diabetes work. However, you still look as superheroes to me. !!:bighug: :p
    Let's see how +10 goes..

Gill & George likes this.
  7. Gill & George

Back in blue but a nice run in those greens again. This dose is getting some nice Nadir's and runs in green. All the time spent in green helps the pancreas heal.

Her spreadsheet looks very colourful. Quite a rainbow kitty, just can't decide which colour suits her best.:rolleyes::)

Fingers crossed she doesn't hop on the rocket again tonight.
    Come on chnoudi, keep it steady.:bighug:

Melita & Chnoudi likes this.
  8. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

hahaha!! yeees, so rainbow :rb_icon: :cat:!! I love red ,it's perfect on her, but nooooooot in the spreadsheet :D
    So, we have PMPS 167, I feed, shoot 1.5u and pray to all existing gods that she doesn't go up tonight:nailbiting:

9. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Stay blue, Chnoudi! :cat:

10. Gill & George

Stay on the beach chnoudi, then maybe catch some waves on your board later.

Interesting that the pumps is not a lot higher than that +10, so flattish numbers bat the end of the cycy, rather than zooming up.
    That +2 is going to be interesting.....

11. Gill & George

I'm heading to bed, if that +2 is the same or lower than pmps that's your advance warning of an active cycle.

Remember to feed especially if she drops significantly.

You've got this:bighug::kiss:

12. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Good night, sweet dreams!! :kiss:Thank you so much!!! I ve got this :woot::)

13. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

I suppose this is a bounce again...
    Totally discouraged :banghead::(

14. Gill & George

Don't be discouraged, at least 19hours in the last 2 days spent in blue and green.

Some cats are more bouncy than others, some will bounce all the way into remission.

Ivana is one cat remember doing just that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MB-CADzIFYf1shlQlDz1xk6AMbqvYB6ssbs12d3KzfY/pubhtml

In any case it's very early days for Chnoudi.
    We all know how frustrating it is to see the numbers jump up. Feline diabetes is a rollercoaster ride, not just in the BG but also for our emotions as we monitor our cats :bighug:

15. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

I know ..You' re right! I saw Ivana's spreadsheet..She was really bouncy indeed! I felt sad I saw she's passed away.
    I hate being impatient, but Ι'm just really worried about what will happen after the lockdown that I will not be able to do many tests. Αnyway think possitive! :bighug:

16. Gill & George

:( she was a senior kitty I think she was 19 when she passed. It wasn't related to her diabetes. Ivana and George went into remission about the same time, they had quite a different journey, she was bouncy he was Mr Flat Cat

L
    Do what you can now, it will help you learn how she responds, learn her patterns and that will make it much easier when you go back after lockdown. It is possible to do even when working a full time job.

You may want to look at getting automatic feeders so you can leave food out for her when you have to be out of the house, teaching her to use them now, while you are home might be a good idea.

Are you just giving a meal at AMPS and PMPS? On the comments it only says 100g at amps and 100g at pmps for yesterday (with 20g at +8 extra to slow her down)?

If this is what you are doing at the moment I would suggest that you start feeding at regular intervals, in the early part of the cycle.

If 200g of integra is the right amount for her on a daily basis. (that doesn't seem like a lot, how big is she? what is her weight? is that a healthy weight for her?) (aprox 175 calories daily is what she is getting from 200g of integra)

Even my small girl cat eats between 190 -230 calories daily / hard to know exact as she swaps bowls with the boys all the time/they eat between 230 and 290 calories daily (she weighs 3 kg, boys 4kg approx)

I would try splitting the 200g of food (if that is the right amount)
    • amps 50g (shoot within 10min or while she is eating)
    • +2 25g
    • +4 25g
    • pmps 50g (insulin within 10min or while she is eating)
    • +2 25g
    • +4 25g
    With lantus being slow acting insulin it usually doesn't onset till around +2, (sometimes a little earlier sometimes a little later) The idea of having a snack at +2 is to make sure she has some food in her system to prevent a sharp drop at onset. The earlier part of the cycle is when the insulin is most active and another snack at +4 can help flatten her out.
    If possible we want to avoid these sharp drops she is experiencing as this is contributing to her bouncing. When the blood sugar drops sharply the liver 'panics', this sets of a physiological reaction, which results in glucose that is stored flooding the blood stream (the Bounce). I'm thinking that if you are only feeding twice a day that this may be at least contributing to the sharp drops and therefore the bounces. You want to feeding schedule to be the same, regardless of the cycle, even if she is high and bouncing you would feed the same. The exception to making a change in that schedule would be if the numbers are heading too low. Once you implement a feeding schedule and you see how that impacts her BG you may need to make changes, either in times frequency or types of food.

• Bouncing - Bouncing is simply a natural reaction to what the cat's system perceives as a BG value that is "too low". "Too low" is relative. If a cat is used to BGs in the 200's, 300's, or higher for a long time, then even a BG that drops to 150 can trigger a "bounce". Bouncing can also be triggered if the blood glucose drops too low and/or too fast.The pancreas, then the liver, release glucogon, glycogen and counter-regulatory hormones. The end result is a dumping of "sugar" into the bloodstream to save the cat from going hypoglycemic from a perceived low. The action is often referred to as "liver panic" or "panicky liver". *Usually*, a bounce will clear kitty's system within 3 days (6 cycles).
    Something to think about.
    She seems to be dropping again, even though pink at +2 it is lower......

17. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Thank you so much for all the useful information! She's 5 kg and the truth is that she has to eat 3 cans (300 gr) of Integra daily. However, it's a new food for her (until 3 days ago I used to give Pro Plan d/m) and I have never been able to feed her the right amount because the numbers were falling and I wanted to see the nadir.
    I know it's not right but she was used to eating twice a day and did not look hungry during the day, so I just ended up giving her 2 cans...! :oops:
    Today, I also gave her 20 gr at +2.30 .
    Unfortunately, she's not dropping a lot .... +6: 272

18. Gill & George

OK if you think she is used to the food now.

Then I would suggest you feed a
    main meal at amps and pmps
    with a couple of mini meals in the early part of the cycle.
    so if she needs 300g..
    Then
    amps 100g
    +2 25g
    +4 25g

pmps 100g
    +2 25g
    +4 25 g

Just as a starting point. You may need to adjust.

You will still see nadir, the 2 hours no food is just for the amps and pmps tests (wwe usually do not feed after +10 so that the PS is not food influenced, it's just for safety)
    With the other tests it doesn't matter if she has eaten.
    I used to test just before a regular meal, then feed.

Does that make sense.
    I saw, that was good.

Feeding the mini meals might see her range come up, you might not see her dive from pink to low green in a cycle, she might just hang in blue, but hopefully it will slow the drops and with some luck we may see the end of bouncing. This might result in a little more insulin in the short term being needed, but it might be easier to get her regulated. With regulation, and a bit more luck she migh start on the road to remission. Regulation would be the first goal... Remission is the prize.

Does that make sense?

19. Gill & George

she might just be settling into a yellow bounce....
    might be the food, but might not

20. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

wow , i didn't know that!

21. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

ok I understood everything! :) Yes, I will start implementing the food program you wrote, seems perfect!
    My only thought is the night food after pmps , as she usually sleeps 8 hours, but I don't thing there will be a problem for her, haha!
    I haven't make a new thread today, I think I should make one to ask if I have to increase the dose from tomorrow. we are in cycle #10 now with 1.5 u. What do you think about this?:kiss:

22. Gill & George

Yep new thread, good question to be asking.

23. Gill & George

Hey I didn't see a new thread.

As for your question about raising the dose.
    You are right to be asking the question, and the answer lies in the numbers, or more specifically the Nadir's.

Before we take a dose up we ask ourselves 'how low is this dose taking my cat?'

She's been getting nadir in the low 60's so there isn't an awful lot of room to take the dose up.
    I would stick to the 1.5 u, see how the next few cycles go with the new feeding schedule. Let's see if she makes it back to green.

G:bighug:

24. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Haha I was writing it right now! I wanted to test pmps first. I was covered by your answer and I think I totally agree! But let's post the new thread to see what others have to say.. Thank you!!! :) :)