11/26 Chnoudi amps 391 +2.30 321 +6 272 +7 270 +9 280 pmps 242 need increase dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melita & Chnoudi, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Hello !!! :) We are in the 10th cycle of 1.5u now. Do you think I should increase the dose or hold this for some more cycles ?
    Thank you in advance!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It looks like the bounce might be clearing. D see what happens tonight and if you see green. If not I think you could increase.

Melita & Chnoudi likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Looking at your condo from yesterday and the change in your feeding schedule I was a bit premature in saying you have room to increase. My bad. You don’t want more than one change at a time. So as suggested keep this dose and see what the feeding schedule does.

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

5. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Thank youuuuu :cat::bighug:

6. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Ι' m sorry I didn't mention it. I should also tag the links from previous threads...right? Hmm...I'll learn how things work here..

Gill & George likes this.
  7. Gill & George

Yes
    , We link the previous thread so it's easy to quickly look back through the history:bighug:

8. Gill & George

How is Chnoudi enjoying her extra snacks?

She seems to have dropped, but more steady. Not as low, but that is to be expected with a bit more food.

I'm glad you have started feeding a bit more. Hope Cnoudi is too:)

With a diabetic cat it is especially important that they get enough calories, Diabetic cats can develop DKA, one of the ingredients for developing this condition ' Not enough food usually because they have stopped eating', the others being not enough insulin, stress or infection, that's one of the reasons that you see many of us get nervous when one of our diabetic cats looses their appetite. Also with the liver issues your vet mentioned it's important that she get enough calories too as the liver suffers if cat doesn't get enough food.

Before George was regulated I would check his ketones, in his urine weekly. I would catch a sample on a big spoon,:) and check with the ketostix strips.

Cat's who have had DKA or are prone to ketones may need to be monitored more closely.

9. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Tha
    Thank you so much for your interest! She loves being fed many small meals! At night, she was surprised at first because she was not used to eating.. I kept calling her and she was not coming! Haha!
    Yes, exactly as you said..She has dropped but more steady! And at least, I saw a blue number through the night!! That made me really happy! I hope to see greens again.. Even if I have to increase dose the next days...
    To tell the truth, I have not checked her for ketones yet... I should do it.

10. Gill & George

I saw that this morning when I checked her ss. It brightened my day.:)
    She's probably ok, given she is eating, and generally feeling good, but its a good skill to have if for some reason she feels ill, stops eating, it's good to check that at home quickly, so you can take steps to avoid it becoming an emergency.

11. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

:bighug::kiss:

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Would it be possible for you to add some information to your signature? This post has the information on what to include in your signature. It's hard to know how to coach you if we don't know which dosing method you're using.

13. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Really? I though I have all the information included in my spreadsheet. :oops: I follow TR method.

14. Gill & George

It just makes it easy to see at a glance. When someone is reading through your post.
    Most people have the important info on there other than method and meter. eg age of kitty, any other illness/medication even where in the world.
    Take a look at george's signature. It gives a quick overview of his medical history.:)

15. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

ok !! I think I enriched my signature now!

16. Gill & George

17. Gill & George

Morning,
    Looking at your numbers, I think that you could brake the dose up to 1.75u
    If his amps is blue or green I would hold for one more cycle.

18. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Goodmorning!! Ooooh, I didn't see the message and I just shot i.5u :(:banghead:

19. Gill & George

Nevermind.
    You could raise tonight or tomorrow morning.

Some people don't like taking an increase at night just in case the cat has a strong reaction to the new dose.
    Last increases that didn't happen wit Chnoudi.. But the previous one it did.

20. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Yes, indeed! Ι 'll see PMPS and I will decide then .I made a new thread last night ,I got anxious with the Pmps 142