11/27 Oberon PMPS 69 (BCS 3.5 U), +2.25 72, +4 89, +5 132

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

Yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...1-7-374-10-5-335-pmps-312-2-315-4-261.239146/

Oberon slowly came down from his bounce yesterday, and by around 4 am (+8) started surfing mid blues. This appears to be following his recent pattern of having a smaller dip after a big (reduction-earning) dip. This is his 5th cycle at this dose, but I think I'm inclined to hold it a while (8 cycles or so?) rather than bring the dose back up tomorrow.

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Nice start this morning with that flat blue numbers at AMPS. (you may have an active cycle this morning)

I think I would wait and see what the numbers tell you in those two cycles before making a firm decision.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice

4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS, Oberon! Play nice for your mama :cat:

5. Lisa & Oberon

Bit more of a drop at +6ish... wonder if he's going for another reduction or if this is just the Lantus nadir. We'll check again in 30 min.

6. Lisa & Oberon

And there's that reduction... 69 at +7.5. New dose this evening will be 6.5 U.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Time to come up Oberon! :D

8. Lisa & Oberon

73 at +8... he made his point. :D

9. Lisa & Oberon

And now he wants to let me know he's serious about it... 59 at +9. Getting a bit of MC (15%). I'll check again in half an hour.

10. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

11. Lisa & Oberon

Meant to check at +9.5 but he pulled a disappearing act on me. It happened right around the time we were taking the trash out, so I ended up searching all over the house and out in the yard, just in case. By the time I found him (in the back of a bedroom closet :facepalm:) it was just about +10. Jerk. Gave him his usual dinner and just a bit of 15%. Now we wait to see what he's doing at PMPS. Will I get to shoot, or not?

12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

What a beautiful day Oberon had! What's with the bedroom closet, Oberon? Trying to hide from mama is not nice! Luci did that to me once...went and jumped into a drawer that I'd opened - and was hiding BEHIND it...I searched high and low....and then started retracing my steps...what had I done just prior to her going missing? I had opened a big drawer to dig out a book - and sure enough I went back downstairs and opened that drawer...guess who?? :facepalm:

Butters & Lyla and Lisa & Oberon like this.
  13. Lisa & Oberon

Morning data: AMPS 144, +2 137, +4 122, +6.25 78, +6.75 75, +7.5 69, +8 73, +9 59, +10 74, +11 79

69 at PMPS... I'm taking a couple of minutes to decide what I want to do. I'm comfortable shooting the full dose, but I'd also like to get some sleep tonight.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  14. Lisa & Oberon

Yeah, we decided on a BCS and gave 3.5 U (half of the previous dose). I'll monitor until he starts to come up, but with luck I won't have to be up until 3 am and DH can sleep in a little.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  15. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Sometimes you need to choose sleep. :bighug: Whether Oberon will choose to let you sleep is another story. :rolleyes: Paws crossed that he comes up soon.
    Congrats on the reduction!

16. Lisa & Oberon

Also, this will drain the depot a bit. At the rate he's getting reductions (about every 6 cycles), I'd rather drain it a bit and build back up than have to wait for it to decrease on its own.

17. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Makes sense! It certainly doesn't seem to be hurting his numbers any.

18. Lisa & Oberon

Hiding in a drawer? Naughty Luci! Oberon has a cabinet he likes to sneak into (the placemats in there are furry now), but I know to check there. Somehow I didn't think about my daughter's closet because when I went in and asked she said she hadn't seen him.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  19. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

You are doing great!

BKs trip down the dosing ladder was daunting at times. Once a BCS ended up being the new dose. Momentum would quickly build to the point that it was like trying to rein in wild horses. Additionally there were no examples of kitties that went down the path before. It’s much better for IAA kitties here since then. There is something of a path to follow. Still good CG instincts are important.

20. Lisa & Oberon

Thank you for being the trailblazer for us! And BK maxed out at an incredibly high dose, so you had a long way to come down. Must have been stressful.

At the moment things seem to be going at a manageable pace. He's gone from 10 U to 6.5 U in just under 4 weeks. I've been wondering whether I might want to increase reductions to 0.75 U to try to get ahead of the antibodies a bit, but maybe I shouldn't mess with a system that's working so far.