11/27 Ruby +9 111/PMPS 145/+2 145/+4 60/+5 73

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday.

Our first green AMPS! Hope the rest of the day follows suit. :D

Re: Dosing. How do we proceed here if we stay mostly green? Do we keep her dose the same unless she prods me with a less than 50 number, or reduce when we're mostly under 100 for 7 days?

Healing thoughts to all of the sick kitties and hugs to all of you beans who love them so! :bighug::bighug::bighug:Have a beautiful day, everyone and surf safely!

JaxBenji likes this.
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Very Nice start.:D:D

Hopefully you hold on to the dose for 7 days with numbers under 100 before reducing. She may have other thoughts who knows.

Just keep reassesing the dose.
    If you see the nadirs creeping up you may need to go up again before coming down.
    Just let those BG numbers guide you.

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS, Ruby :bighug: and you pretty much understand the reduction rules from TR:

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Alright Ruby congrats on your green pre shot, surf safely
    Have a good day Katherine :bighug::cat:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  5. Katherine&Ruby

I'm totally happy to let Ruby lead this dance. Just wanted to make sure I understood well the options. Thank you!

Gill & George likes this.
  6. Colio

Colio Member

That's wonderful! Hope you have a really good day :D

7. Katherine&Ruby

+3 = 64. It’s a little low for Ruby this early in the cycle. Every day something new is happening for us that makes me nervous and then it passes and everything is fine and I’m less anxious next time. :cool: Going to make sure now that she eats some of her AM meal #2.

Gill & George and Colio like this.
  8. Gill & George

I'd say you have onset, and insulin is kicking in (onset was probably a little earlier) she's only 30 pts lower than amps rather than 60 which was yesterdays drop. So a smoother curve.... that's good.

good call

9. Katherine&Ruby

Yes, you are right. I stare at these numbers all day but it's hard for me to have the emotional distance to see positive signs. Like I said, it's getting easier. I was so accustomed to drops from 400 to 150 and then back up to 400 in one day that being in low numbers is a very new and slightly disconcerting feeling. Have to trust that her liver-pancreas team will do the right thing to keep her from going too low.

10. Katherine&Ruby

+5.5 = 73. This was after a few mouthfuls of LC and a tablespoon of shredded turkey breast. :p A little unusual for her to have had an early nadir. It’s only happened a few times and usually at night.

Gill & George likes this.
  11. Katherine&Ruby

+9 = 111. Was hoping for a day in the greens. :( Could it possibly have been the shredded leftover turkey breast I gave her as a treat that pushed her over 100? There should be 0 carbs in that.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Ruby is looking good. It could have been the turkey breast depending on how it was cooked and if anything was added to it.

13. Katherine&Ruby

I dry brined the whole bird with salt for two days and added pepper and butter to the skin before roasting it in the oven for 2.5 hours. That's all. The part of the breast I chose to give her was not even anywhere near the skin because I figured she wouldn't like pepper and the salt would not be good for her. No sugar even came near the turkey. It's weird. Maybe I'm making a too big a deal of it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

She could just be being a cat.

15. Katherine&Ruby

That is a much more likely reason!

16. Katherine&Ruby

+4 = 60. Quite a steep drop for Ruby. She just ate about ¼ can LC. Will test at +5 again.

17. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish for! ;):p

18. Katherine&Ruby

I need to learn to keep such thoughts to myself! :eek::rolleyes:

Gill & George and Bandit's Mom like this.
  19. Katherine&Ruby

+5 = 73. Looking good, Rubes. :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  20. Gill & George

62hrs consecutive hours n blue /green. I'd say that's fantastic progress.

I doubt the turkey was the culprit. Ruby was just being a cat, she's read the Kitt FD handbook on how to mess with her bean.:):rolleyes:

Katherine&Ruby and Bandit's Mom like this.
  21. Katherine&Ruby

Thank you! I am thrilled at how well Ruby has been doing. It’s like just a few days ago her body decided with the aid of the insulin to wake up and start getting better. Tonight she was running through the apartment at the speed of light and that was pure joy for me to witness.

carfurby (GA) and Gill & George like this.