11/29/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=172, +3=242, +4.5=231, +11=169

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Nov 29, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

11/28 +11=134

AMPS=145

Have a terrific day! :bighug:

Bellasmom likes this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start
    How is Gizmo feeling?

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

4. LizzieInTexas

Here is what I wrote last night

We have noticed he gets very lethargic after evening meds (2mg Ondan, 6 mg Cerenia, 0.625 Amlodipine) and (or) fluids. I am not sure if this is new or just more noticeable. He doesn't get the transdermal pain meds until +4.5 so it isn't it that is causing it.

Thanks for checking on us :bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Hope you are able to figure out what's making feel that way :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lizzie :bighug: Wanted to say thank you once again for putting me on to BFF Chicken and Lamb for Elmo . :) He likes it but my newly diagnosed CKD civvie LOVES it . We went thru a ton of food that he refused but the BFF he devours . Appreciate so much you thinking of us and sharing what you food find ❤️. What is Gizmo currently:bighug: eating ? Sending prayers that he continues to stay strong and eating . Your observation skills with him plus holding down full time job continues to amaze me :bighug:

8. LizzieInTexas

I am not sure how to go about that - I have to get him in for BW/urinalysis. I don't know if xrays would show anything or if it would need to be an u/s. If u/s - the u/s would need to be done with the IM and that whole situation is a mess. The IM he was going to is no longer seeing patients. Last time it took almost 2 months to get an appt. I am thinking doing the BW & U with regular vet and seeing what she says but even she is difficult to get into - she only works 2 days/week (Mon/Thur or Tue/Friday).

It may be arthritis or pancreatitis but I have never NOT been able to get him relief and the pain is making him have sad eyes and that makes me very upset.

9. LizzieInTexas

Weruva Pate Meal or No Deal!

I am not real happy with his choice but - it is what it is. Phos is too high for my liking and not enough calories - but he is eat it. He did gain 2 oz last weigh in (last Saturday) and he had a large poo right before so I am pleased with that.

Beth 73 likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

11. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lizzie, I do hear you ab at least he is eating . I deal with both Elmo and Chris in that department ...have shelves full of food that they won’t touch . Needing to contact Chewy about return/exchanging / ?the expensive kidney diet vet put civvie on ...was trying anything at that point and now need to return . Praying Chewy will be cooperative :)

12. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

I can't even begin to imagine how upsetting this is for you. With so many knowledgeable folks on here, I hope we can at least help you to make him more comfortable while you find the source of the problem. Sadly, lethargic is probably better than in pain.
    The BW & U with regular vet sounds like a good first step. Does your regular vet maintain a cancellation list so that they can contact you in case someone cancels?

13. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Are you still using Gluco Ensure & Pancreas Booster ? Ravan is still leaking urine a lot when his bg goes up high in a bounce. I was looking for something that might help his kidneys?

Hope Gizmo feels better soon. Sending positive Thoughts & Healing Energy! :):bighug:

14. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=172

History:
    AMPS=145, +1.5=175