11-29 Dre AM 222, +9/246PM/349

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by jayla-n-Drevon, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Happy post Thanksgiving everyone.....

I have been peeking here and there and sending thoughts and prayers to those in need.:bighug:

I have a bad fall right before Thanksgiving and today is my first day back to work. I had to cancel 30 dogs Thanksgiving week for grooming:( Luckily I have wonderful clients:)

Many prayers to all and especially those who have lost loved ones especially Deborah and Shasta....cat_wings>o:bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no. I hope you're feeling better. I hope the boys are doing well. Sending prayers.

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

You may want to pick up an elastic back brace. Sending lots of healing vines and prayers for you. Hopefully the depot has drained enough now to keep Dre man out of the deep end. Nice to see you working the juice Dre but how about nice and easy now for a bit. Scritches for both your boys.

4. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Jayla - so glad to see you posting
    I hope your 1st day back at work goes well and be careful
    I see Dre is still diving - he's sure resending to Lev
    lotsa :bighug::bighug:

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Glad to see a Dre condo...I hope Rico is well, and I hope you heal quickly!

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh no, Jayla! I am sorry to hear that you fell and got hurt. I hope that you are nice and recovered. Arnica, lots and lots of arnica. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Oh my, hope you are doing better, up and moving some now.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

:bighug: Feel better.

9. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines, hoping you have a good day back at work and that your back heals quickly:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Surf safely Dre!:cat::bighug::bighug:

10. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Oh no!! I am so sorry you fell!! I hope you are healing quickly. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Congrats on all the reducies! Dre man, you don't need to dive to the 30's to get your point across please.

11. jayla-n-Drevon

I must admit I took a bit more than arnica:oops:
    The pain was excruciating..... LOTS of drugs.....and ice!

12. jayla-n-Drevon

Hi Amy, Rico is doing very well...thank you for thinking of my first born:rolleyes:

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  13. Bobbie And Bubba

That's okay, I would have done the same!

14. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad that Dre cooperated with your 1st day back - but beware the flat yellows!
    Seriously, hope you got through the day with minimal discomfort

15. jayla-n-Drevon

I have a ice pack in my pants LOL
    my sister duck taped ice to my tail bone at work-I would have laughed but it hurts!
    Thanks for the kind thoughts Carol:bighug:
    (it is crazy how it seems to flare out when I move wrong-it literally makes me stop and wince....standing is easier)

16. Bobbie And Bubba

Jayla, I hope you didn't break your tail bone......is sitting down especially painful? If so, I would use a donut to sit on if you're not already doing so. Hugs abd healing vines. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Tons of healing vines for your back, Jayla! I hope that you can get relief soon. I assume you've been to an orthopedic doctor and that nothing is broken? Something may just be "out", in which case you would have to wait for any swelling to go down before beginning rehab exercises. From what I know about bone and muscle injuries, ice is the best thing to put on the injury immediately. 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off for the first few hours. The idea is to get the swelling under control, but not to chill the spot continuously. After a day or so of this judicious icing, the use of heat is recommended. You want to get the blood circulating to the injury to promote healing. I would check with your doctor before taping an ice pack to your back all day!!

Scritches to Dre and Rico and many :bighug::bighug::bighug:s to you,

18. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Oh Jayla I'm sorry to hear about your fall. That has to be painful. Hope your feeling better

19. jayla-n-Drevon

Thanks Ella!
    I have taken some epsom salt baths-
    the ice on my back doesn't stay cold that long and usually falls down to my ankles (regardless of sisters efforts) shhhh:rolleyes:
    So from what I am told (without a MRI as my insurance is the pits) it is either fractured/broke or severely bruised and will likely develop a cyst. Either way they say treatment is the same.
    It is more bruised slightly to the left which is beyond painful if I get up wrong (If I use my arms it is much better)
    Years ago I fell off a horse on concrete on the exact same spot:banghead: I already have a small cyst there.
    I saw my chiropractor yesterday and he adjusted everything "but" .....
    standing and laying on my side on tummy is ok--sitting is brutal.
    I am so grateful that Dre is so cooperative for testing and fluids-Rico has been helpful as well (my renegade)
    My BF has been great and my sister has been amazing ! From scooping 6 litter boxes to bathing me!
    :bighug:

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Golly, Jayla! I hope that in a few more days you'll be able to move around without pain. I can recommend a good book for when you are able to try some self-help:
    "Back Care Basics: A Doctor's Gentle Yoga Program for Back and Neck Pain Relief," by Mary Pullig Schatz, M.D. (Berkeley, CA: Rodmell Press, 1992).
    (I have an old "falling off a horse" injury, too. From high school, even. This book cured my sacroiliac.) See especially Chapter 3: "Moving Again after Injury or Surgery".

21. jayla-n-Drevon

Thank you Ella--I will be ordering this tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.