11/3 Chnoudi- Out of remission?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melita & Chnoudi, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Goodmorning everyone!!! :):bighug:

It's been a long time since I've written here, as Chnoudi was doing really well after her remission last January!
    But now, we have a problem... :(
    I had not measured her for the last 20 days, because there was a lack of the test strips I use. I bought again yesterday and I tested her. Unfortunately, I realized that her numbers are blue. From yesterday, I feed and test every 3-4 hours, but the pancreas doesn't seem to work...
    I have to mention that nothing has changed in her diet or daily routine and Chnoudi seems very well, she eats, pees & poops normally and nothing seems to go wrong with her.
    I was wondering if I have to wait for some days or start insulin again...:confused:

Thank you in advance!

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Melita & Chnoudi likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi Melita. I hope all is well. Sorry to see those blues. Has she had her teeth checked? That’s often the number one reason for coming out of remission other than eating something they shouldn’t for prolonged periods of time. When was her last vet visit?

4. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Hello Elise!!! I hope you are fine!!
    The last vet visit was in May, the vet said that her teeth were ok... There is plague as I can see, but I can't check her more because she bites me...
    So now, I have to arrange an appointment with the vet, right?
    I'm really sad....

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If it turns out she needs a dental that could be the source. Yes, make an appointment and keep testing for a few more days to see if she goes higher or gets back to being under 120. Vary your test times and try and test 4 hours after eating. Hoping it’s just an odd few days. Keep us posted.:bighug:

6. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

OK!! I ll keep posting. Thank you sooo much!! :bighug:

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Melita, sorry to see the higher numbers. I can imagine how upsetting it must be. Do you see any signs of any inflammation/infection? Tummy issues, UTI, any infection etc?

I see she is green again today :) Test her for a couple of days and see. Maybe whatever it is, is temporary?

8. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Hello Bhooma! Nice to hear from you again! :)
    No, she seems happy and healthy... Her ears are clean, her teeth have some plague but I can't see something else... I saw a vomit in the floor yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was hers or the civvie cat's..
    The only think I have noticed is that she licks her fur more than before...
    Yes, she was green in the afternoon today, but I tested her only 2 hrs after she ate, so I don't know if I can take it for granted..
    I'll keep testing her..

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Test 3 hours after food.

Hopefully it's a blip and her numbers come down! :bighug:

10. Melita & Chnoudi

Melita & Chnoudi Member

Thank you! I hope so too... :cat:

Bandit's Mom likes this.