11-3-//Jade AMPS 280 +2=422+4=334+6=325+8=353+10=466PMPS 477

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Jade, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Good morning! Today is our one week in Curve today and of course after testing in the mid 300's to high 400's, her morning AMPS is only 280. Makes me wonder if this is going to be a nail biting day. I have a routine with her and want to make sure I'm doing this properly as my vet just said I'm not. Her shot time has fluxuated but never more than the 15 minutes per dose or 30 minutes in a 24 hour cycle. We are now at 10:30am but will surely work our was back towards 11:00-11:30 as the weekend approaches due to my evening work schedule. I just had 5 days off.
    Around 15-20 minutes before I shoot, I test her and then give her a treat (it's her thyroid med wrapped in a half pill pocket) yes, I know the pill pocket isn't ideal but I have tried everything and its the only way she will eat the thyroid med which is a sticky chew that is especially made for her. Then, I feed her and give her the insulin. This is our routine now and I'm quite sure this was the routine 3.5 years ago as well. After that I make a tent for her on my bed and put on her IPad with bird videos and she zonks out for the rest of the morning.
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-2-jade-amps-399-3-450-pmps-415.254983/

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think that is a good routine. I think you are okay with giving the shot within 15 minutes after testing. Don't forget about the time change this weekend. That may affect how you move, or don't move, your shot time. Good luck with the curve.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You are doing the right things. What did your vet say was wrong?

Good luck with that curve today. That yellow probably means her depot is back after that reduced dose a few days ago, meaning it's a good day for a curve (I hope).

Suzanne & Darcy and Jill & Jade like this.
  4. Jill & Jade

I kind of tuned her out, to be honest. Lol. I’ll update Jades #’s so far.
    Daylight Savings time means I’ll shoot an hour earlier, right? Because 10:30 will really be 11:30.o_Oo_Oo_O

5. Wendy&Neko

Jill & Jade likes this.
  6. Jill & Jade

Right. So, after I turn my clocks back, 10:30 shoot time would be 11:30 if I hadn’t changed the clocks? Omg! Why does this throw me off so much!?!?!

7. Jill & Jade

OR I can just shoot at 11:30am and be an hour later and start over again and shoot at 11:30pm.

8. Wendy&Neko

Shot time now is 10:30. After time change, that will be the new 9:30.

Sorry about the curve numbers, looks like those lower numbers were last night and now she's bouncing. :banghead:

Suzanne & Darcy and Jill & Jade like this.
  9. Jill & Jade

I think I have it! If I shoot at midnight on Saturday, and turn the clocks back, I shoot at 11am Sunday!!
    And ya, I have no idea what the vet is going to say about her #’s, but will come to you for guidance.

10. Jill & Jade

Just spoke to the vet who said she has never known another vet or client that has EVER used quarter dosing. Great. I just don't know what I'm going to do if she tells me to go to 1U tomorrow after looking at Jades curve today. Having this frustration on top of the anxiety I'm already having leaves me feeling incredibly lousy. I told her that quarter dosing helped lead Jade into remission and she said that changing her diet did. That it's just too complicated and confusing. Please bear with me as I try to adjust and come to terms with the conflicting advice. I ONLY care about what's best for Jade. I have said before that it complicates things for me personally because my vet is one of the few in home vets here AND we have developed a friendship over the past 2 years. Jade doesn't travel well (understatement) and when she has to, it takes days for her to be ok afterwards. All of these things matter to me as well. :(:mad::(

11. Wendy&Neko

Maybe we should introduce her to the vets that have posted here. :) Remember, you hold the syringe, what you do is your call. You have to decide what is safe to do for Jade, given your circumstances.:bighug: You've already been right vs the vet on the syringe vs. pen thing. Trust your instincts. We'll support you whatever you choose to do.

As an aside, I used to argue with my vet all the time when it came to diabetes treatment. But I followed everything else she said regarding Neko's care. I liked her, she had been a long time vet for my animals. It's a balancing act.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  12. Jill & Jade

Your message choked me up, thank you. Truly.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy and Wendy&Neko like this.
  13. Jill & Jade

+10=466...poor Jade:( She's acting o.k. tho,even playing with her laser toy.